Looming LT decision this off season..What is your hope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I'd keep an eye on Max Pircher. Whitworth said that he was an absolute sponge in training camp.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Whit would make a good LG and provide cover at LT…….
Whit is still rated as one of the best pass protectors out there. Don't think you move him from tackle even though he's better in the run game than Noteboom or probably the guards too. And he's a key leader for the line and the offense.

But it sounds now like he may hang it up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pretty sure Whit said he's done after this game. In one of his recent interviews, unless I imagined it which is possible since I've been guzzling koolaid and not sleeping since we sent the fortyshitters home.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Draft OT Rasheed Walker out of Penn State...Need @Elmgrovegnome endorsement on this, I believe he could be there in the 3rd round and has the size at 6'6 320lbs plus he possess excellent footwork & agility and playing at Penn State, should be extraordinary from the neck up.

only thing is we won't be picking until pick number 96 witch is almost 4th round. maybe we could package some of our 6th rounders to move up

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like Noteboom and have been impressed with what he has done on the field and how he has been a pro in his interviews.

However, being hurt for the 3rd of 4 years gives me a reason to be concerned. Who is his back up when he misses half the year? Is he going to need surgery after this season?

Since they haven’t already signed him, I have to think the Rams are going to make a reasonable offer and then let him explore free agency. Giving him $12 million for half a year is just too much.

No idea what the answer is but I trust the Rams already do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure Whit said he's done after this game. In one of his recent interviews, unless I imagined it which is possible since I've been guzzling koolaid and not sleeping since we sent the fortyshitters home.
Yeah he said on Rich Eisen things can always change but he's leaning to this being his last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My assumption here is that if he gets the ring he's done. But yeah as a rule I have learned not to question Whit. :laugh2:

fearsomefour

Legend
IF.....Noteboom is resigned??? OL coach Carberry should plan to get a very effective run blocker starting next to Noteboom @ LG. In order to improve the run blocking on that left side.

LG David Edwards has been the overall weakest of the 6 OL'ers starting this season. There may be a better run blocking LG on the roster already & by TC in July this might be something to watch. Alaric Jackson has been a very good run blocker in college. Rookie OL'er AJ has only been active for a total of 61 snaps & almost all of that was on the left side @ OT. AJ's stepping in at left tackle against the Vikings was a supersize surprise!

Might want to recall this from last years senior bowl:
NFL Draft Wire's Jacob Infante is on the scene in Mobile and has liked what he's seen from the former Iowa offensive lineman."I really like the power Jackson has brought to the table in drills so far," Infante said of Jackson. "He’s had quite a few instances of being able to not only hold his own at the point of attack, but he’s also done a good job of driving defenders into the dirt. Compared to the other offensive linemen in this Senior Bowl class, I feel like Jackson has been somewhere in the middle. He’s had some issues against speed rushers but has been able to hold his own against power rushes. He’s actually taken some reps at guard and has arguably looked better there than he has at tackle."

When OL Coach Carberry is trying to figure out the best replacement for departed RG Austin Corbett it's possible that David Edwards might return to start there as in the past. Leaving AJ on that left side to also provide backup for Noteboom.
One of the very nice surprised of this year has been Carberrys OL group.
When called upon, Shelton, Jackson, Noteboom and even Evans have contributed and played good ball.
The Rams went from having (in my opinion) zero proven depth to having very solid OL depth.
I for one would like to see Noteboom return AND draft another LT and another interior OL.
Noteboom is not a physical force in the run game yet, but, he has been excellent overall at the LT most important job....protecting the blindside.. He was an unsung hero of the Buccs playoff game.

ausmurp

Starter
I can't read 8 pages to see if anyone said this already, but I would just not resign Note and make Terron Armstead the next highest paid LT, looks as though he's hitting FA.

ausmurp

Starter
I can't read 8 pages to see if anyone said this already, but I would just not resign Note and make Terron Armstead the next highest paid LT, looks as though he's hitting FA.
Note has been solid though. Maybe resign and target Armstead. If we get Armstead, he's our next Whitworth.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ram's should be able to make Joseph Noteboom a decent good long-term contract. Where he has been groomed his all four seasons. Noteboom has been in LA since being drafted. I would consider it very lucky to retain him. Would not it have been the Snead plan since being drafted to have JN replace AW @ LT? JN knows this offense knows this organization & what is expected of him. I love it when Rams replace other Rams.

Terron Armstead Market Value:

• 4 yrs, $96 million
  • Avg. Salary: $24 million
  • NFL Rank: 16
  • LT Rank: 1

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ram's should be able to make Joseph Noteboom a decent good long-term contract. Where he has been groomed his all four seasons. Noteboom has been in LA since being drafted. I would consider it very lucky to retain him. Would not it have been the Snead plan since being drafted to have JN replace AW @ LT? JN knows this offense knows this organization & what is expected of him. I love it when Rams replace other Rams.

Terron Armstead Market Value:

• 4 yrs, $96 million
  • Avg. Salary: $24 million
  • NFL Rank: 16
  • LT Rank: 1
How can any team pay your LT 10% of your total team salary???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How can any team pay your LT 10% of your total team salary???
If I were the Cincy GM who has close to $57 million in available cap space now ..... I would jump fast to sign LT Terron Armstead to the blindside protector for Joe Burrow. I would move their present starting LT Jonah Williams to RT then utilized former starting RT Isaiah Prince as the main swing OT.

I would then sign RG Austin Corbett & his very good pass blocking skills to be Burrow's new RG. Things would change greatly for this Bengal offense.

Other teams who have need of a top LT & can afford Armstead would be the Los Angeles Chargers with $58 million to protect their young gunslinger Justin Herbert.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel Noteboom is starter material. He could be very good.

One thing the Rams have been smart about; investing in guys that can stay healthy.

Noteboom hasn’t checked that box.

I cringe the thought of losing a guy we developed. I hope he can be signed on a reasonable deal. Otherwise, how does the depth look? Is there a scenario we let Noteboom walk and invest those $ on the interior?