Looming LT decision this off season..What is your hope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Despite gearing up the playoff run, I can't help but think what will McSnead do.

Do we dare trust the LT spot to the great Big Whit at 41 years old?
Have we seen enough of Noteboom to lock him up?
Do we do what we always seem to do and sign a free agent?

Personally the age scares me, despite how great #77 has been to our team. So I'm willing to give Noteboom a mid level contract. Pay him as an above average starter money on a 3-5 year deal.

What says you???

side note I think we need to upgrade at our LG position, no matter what we do!

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Any chance the Rams can plan on Noteboom taking over and possibly signing Whitworth to a reasonable contract as a VERY VALUABLE BACKUP??? Would Whitworth even consider it for a Chance at another Super Bowl and possibly a future Assistant Coaching Position with the Rams!)? JUST DREAMING!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ideally Whit retires and takes the decision out of the teams hands (preferably after a superbowl win). Either way he needs to be around next year. If he is at all interested in coaching they need to find a way to make that with the Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Idk, but the Rams will spend money and assets at LT if something presents itself.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Whit would make a good LG and provide cover at LT…….

Ram65

Legend
Give Noteboom a reasonable contract. Hopefully, he doesn't want to stay a Ram. If Whit wants to stay at a lower rate it might be a good idea to keep him around. The Rams have a better idea of the backups ability to play. Considering the division they need not fall back on the offensive line. They already seem to be pushed around too much.

jjab360

Legend
Is it greedy to ask for one more season from big Whit? Outside of a few knicks and bruises, his on field play hasn't really shown any signs of slowing down. If not, I think Noteboom has proven he's up to the task.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Law of average for me says, best to get Noteboom locked up

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Is it greedy to ask for one more season from big Whit? Outside of a few knicks and bruises, his on field play hasn't really shown any signs of slowing down. If not, I think Noteboom has proven he's up to the task.
jjab,
I would be somewhat interested in bringing Whit back but not at 10 million per year. I truly believe we need to save as much as we can to get some flexibility with the salary cap.
Also, with Noteboom, and possibly even David Edwards sliding over I think we may have OLT covered. We gotta make the move at some point and use the money we save to secure OBJ and others.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What about door number 3?
David Edwards was moved outside when Whit and Boom were out. He's built like a tackle and played tackle in college. Working inside has given him some valuable experience in dealing with power.. maybe he's a candidate?

Ram65

Legend
Give Noteboom a reasonable contract. Hopefully, he doesn't want to stay a Ram. If Whit wants to stay at a lower rate it might be a good idea to keep him around. The Rams have a better idea of the backups ability to play. Considering the division they need not fall back on the offensive line. They already seem to be pushed around too much.
Suppose to be he wants to stay a Ram and will take a little less money.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're gonna be beating that horse to death here soon. :laugh3:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just dont see Noteboom as the answer. I would take AW back if he wanted to do it. But, I'm gonna stick with hoping we crush a late round gem.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Whit rides off into the sunset with a Super Bowl Champ ring and we all do the happy dance while Boom signs a 2 year deal relatively cheap and we go for a repeat.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could get behind that.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I say we see what's in F/A, and keep running Boom out there. I'm also really like what I've heard about Alaric.
If we can feasibly keep Hav, sure. Evans & Edwards for the R/T backups.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Generally good LTs don't hit FA. Has to be something wrong with them, at the least something like age or injury.

Armstead for example is slated to hit FA but no way the Saints let him do that. They'll cut dudes to make room for him.

Brown same thing with KC. I don't think his pass pro is elite by any stretch but the guy all around is a player and they won't let him walk after they traded for him. And if they do let him walk it means he's overpriced himself and will probably be a pain in the ass if/when the team who signs him moves his ass to the right side where he belongs.

Guy like Fisher is probably what we're looking at if they use FA for a LT and then we'll have to overpay his sorry ass. Him or maybe Trent Brown, both of whom are risky. I just don't trust Fisher, and Brown seems to play well for Belicheat only.