Looming LT decision this off season..What is your hope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not liking the way OL is trending, Noteboom restructred, Shelton resigned. I'd hoped he got work somewhere else, but alas, no one else wants him. Smallish interior lineman that barely gets it done. McVay saying he's going with what he's got at OL scares the shit outta me, (and probably Stafford).

I'll bet all my ROD $$ Noteboom and Allen don't play more than half the games and both hit the IR before the season is over.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah if we hit camp without adding to the iOL then I will be quite negative on our chances this year to finish wildcard type level. Which feels like the goal.

But these moves don't mean that will happen. They may just be the Rams ensuring the room doesn't get too weak which would broadcast their plan to the league.

Couple midround pieces in the draft on the interior and I am willing to hope.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah if we hit camp without adding to the iOL then I will be quite negative on our chances this year to finish wildcard type level. Which feels like the goal.

Is someone saying play-offs ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is someone saying play-offs ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Do you think the plan is to win 7 games. Of course not. On the other hand it is not to win it all, they know they are short there.

Eeking into the playoffs is our best case scenario. Unless they get stupid and decide to trust the same line without adding to it.

If that happens I will move my lawn chair over to the complainer camp where Busch lite is served in styrofoam coolers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So sorry, jut having a hard time seeing our Rams going far with our current offensive line, but hey, I sure would like to be surprised. Through good years and bad, and seen both in my 65 years of being a fan of them Horns.

At left tackle I'd like to see Jackson right out of the gate...
train
Agree. Alaric Jackson getting all the reps with the #1 team unit is vital. Noteboom being extremely shaky/weak from off-major surgery needs to get the practice team reps @ #2 team. To see what is wrong with him & if he can get his technics & power back to where they can be used.

The Rams do not have any other OL'ers capable of playing LT on the roster currently. The Rams will need a very dependable top reserve backup LT. Why not plan to go this & see what develops? Got to have a reserve LT & Noteboom has a proven resume in this position.

Of course, most will say that it's plain silly and stupid to pay Noteboom so much salary to be a reserve. True but he is not worth anything to the team sitting on the injured reserve, where he has always ended up when being nailed as the starter. This is well-proven. So get some of the $$$ invested in him at the reserve LT post.

Both Jackson & Noteboom stand a very good chance to remain on the MR53 for the 2024 season, might as well pair these two up & resolve that LT post for now & move on.

Newly sighed OC Coleman Shelton needs to tied to the center position along with Brian Allen. I would keep CS out of any OG reps & these two concentrate fully on the center post. We all agree this position needs to be fine-tuned & performing much better than it did last season. Let these two young veterans do it

OL Coach Wendell should have 3 of his 5 OL posts resolved to go into OTA's & TC. Thus giving him the concentrate fully on his two vacant OG posts.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Do you think the plan is to win 7 games. Of course not. On the other hand it is not to win it all, they know they are short there.

Eeking into the playoffs is our best case scenario. Unless they get stupid and decide to trust the same line without adding to it.

If that happens I will move my lawn chair over to the complainer camp where Busch lite is served in styrofoam coolers.

Unless we see some action soon, I'm thinking more like 1 win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that is a bit melodramatic River but I do agree they need to show they have learned as it pertains to our shitty OL and secondary.

If they can get those 2 units playing well though, things will brighten up on outlook.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think that is a bit melodramatic River but I do agree they need to show they have learned as it pertains to our shitty OL and secondary.

If they can get those 2 units playing well though, things will brighten up on outlook.

Sure they could, but the Rams have already lost some of our best players, ... our OL is mediocre at best, we have no pass rush, our DB's are either untested (Fuller, Rochell) or are extremely young. As the CAP stands now we can barely sign our drafted rookies. We are yet to see if Allen Robinson is cut or not, and if we lose Gaines, A'Shawn & Copeland, our DL will be a shambles. Half the 2022 draft class are more like rookies, our new rookie class of 11 later round picks and a dozen UDFA's will be expected to pick up the slack. I'm not registering much optimism at the moment. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
At this point, my greatest hope for Noteboom is that he only misses a few games at the beginning of the season while completing his injury rehab, plays strong at LT up until the trade deadline, and then we move him for a decent draft pick and some CAP savings. jmo.