Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Based on the volume of posts both for and against, no one is accepting mediocrity here.

No one is saying "I'm good, don't need more wins".

In fact, I tire of reading that day after day.

It's just continued venting now to me......

MountainRam

Rookie
To all the people who wants to keep the Fisher: I wish all of you were my friends in personal life. You ooze hope, loyalty, respect and understanding. Cheesy but true.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Who is this Upgrade that is available???

Oh,,, that's right,,, without hindsight it's impossible to answer that question.

And btw... all those QBs that Fisher should have brought in. Who were those again ???

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I guess I don't have a big problem with letting Fisher finish his contract. Or even extending him if it means he will hire a proven OC. But he must get over the hump in 2016 (at least a winning season - I'd say 10 wins minimum). However, I'm done being too emotionally invested in this team until they turn it around. I'll still be a fan but won't buy in unless they start the season with a 3-4 game winning streak or are at least 2-3 games over .500 at or after 8 games. I've got better things I can do with my time than repeatedly get my fandom heart broken. Of course, I say that now, but if they bring in a proven legit, or high draft pick, QB, I'll probably get all excited about the season.

At least giving Fisher 5 full seasons to turn it around should be a good sign to any future HC candidates that Kronke does not have a short leash and will give you plenty of time to make it work. That should, hopefully, make the best available HC candidates want this job.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Monday to talk some Rams topics following the team’s overtime loss to wrap up a 7-9 2015 regular season.

Listen to JT Talk Rams

==========

Jeff Fisher and Les Snead are not in danger of losing their jobs?

"I heard maybe late speculation on Snead, but I'm told he's safe. I think working in their favor is the fact (Kroenke) wants to move to LA. If you're hiring a coaching staff...(it complicates things) if you can't tell them where you'll be playing."

"You see guys like Chip Kelly, who was 26-21 and by far the best record in the NFL East, and he's out the door. I guess the standards are just different in St. Louis."

"I think one of the things is Stan Kroenke...doesn't want to spend $7 million for firing him. The fact that Fisher has moved a team before might be helping him out. I don't know why...it's not like Jeff Fisher is an expert at packing moving vans. But I think Stan Kroenke thinks it would help."

Athos

Legend
Man... Someone of you have faith in Fisher that it's reminiscent of the nerdy HS kid with an unrequited love of the smoking hot. Cheerleader. Never anything more than a panty flash.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man... Someone of you have faith in Fisher that it's reminiscent of the nerdy HS kid with an unrequited love of the smoking hot. Cheerleader. Never anything more than a panty flash.
And some fantasize that they could dump that cheerleader and land the hot, smart girl not realizing he'd end up with her chubby friend.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
To those that are screaming for Fisher's Head I have one question " had the Rams Won that 4th straight Game, would you still be screaming for his head on a post!!?!o_O I think NOT!!:headexplosion:
Of course Fisher caused Kendricks to miss his block which resulted in the blocked kick on the game winning field goal. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!

Athos

Legend
And some fantasize that they could dump that cheerleader and land the hot, smart girl not realizing he'd end up with her chubby friend.

If the chubby loses weight after year one while giving a helluva BJ, I'd take it at this point.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I hear continuity is important. But if you've had 4 losing seasons in a row why would you want continuity with that?

yea some think continuity bring about wins. but I wonder if winning bring about continuity. do you think belecheat would still be in new England with fishers record.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's a difference between discussing what is pretty much the only relevant thing to be discussed now that our season has ended, and just venting. I don't see why part of you hopes we lose our football team. I doubt the fans in another city will be any happier with consistent losing, and I doubt the message boards will be any gentler after a solid decade of really bad teams. If it's no fault of our own, then why do we need to be thinned?
If i have to read the constant barrage of grass is greener/one-liner/mob mentality here then you'll just have to put up with my crap too. I love passion in fans, but i also prefer logic and solution-based content.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here's an example of me posting a negative comment yesterday:
He's not an NFL caliber WR when you look beyond his measurables. Timid, passive, no hands, uncoordinated and unintelligent in football terms. IMO the most disappointing pick in the Snead era.

If i had posted this instead....which is EXACTLY the crap i'm talking about....
Quick is garbage. Wasted pick.

See, I don't wanna read that on a Rams board. I can get that from a Seahawks board or a Cardinals board or a shitty Rams board.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Based on the volume of posts both for and against, no one is accepting mediocrity here.

No one is saying "I'm good, don't need more wins".

In fact, I tire of reading that day after day.

It's just continued venting now to me......

It's gonna be a long ass winter for all of then cause I'm not going anywhere

In a personal note, my chemical makeup doesn't allow me to just forget so easily --THIS TEAM LOST TO GABBERT / TOMSULA !!!!

How can I get over that within 24 hours? I can't .... and I'm sure many of us will need a bit more time before we resign ourselves to another year of this crap

7-9 is not acceptable for the 4th year and with the amount of talent we have

I keep reading posts about how we could have scored so many more TD's and we'd have a 11 wins and shite -- how is ALMOST good enough ever good enough ???

It's not and despite my unflinching loyalty to this franchise I reserve the right to be pissed for whatever amount of time it takes

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

In a personal note, my chemical makeup doesn't allow me to just forget so easily --THIS TEAM LOST TO GABBERT / TOMSULA !!!!

How can I get over that within 24 hours? I can't .... and I'm sure many of us will need a bit more time before we resign ourselves to another year of this crap

I keep reading posts about how we could have scored so many more TD's and we'd have a 11 wins and shite -- how is ALMOST good enough ever good enough ???

It's not and despite my unflinching loyalty to this franchise I reserve the right to be pissed for whatever amount of time it takes
I can both agree with what you are saying and what @Mojo Ram is saying in the same breath. When every post comes off as a vent, it's time to check yourself. And I hope you don't think I'm pointing at you, just responding to what you had to say. You know I love yuh man.

The thing we keep trying to stress here is that there are ways to show you are pissed without going to the "he sucks" card.

I don't even know what it's like to be a fan of another NFL team. But I've had pretty much everything the other teams' fans have had in this one team. I survived through 9 years straight of losing football in the 90s and would argue that the product on the field was far worse than what we've seen over the past 4 years. I watched as Georgia pulled every dime from this team so she could live far beyond her means while short changing the team and us fans. I watched as we lost in the playoffs virtually every year during the 70s and 80s. I watched great defenses and lousy offenses get us into the playoffs every year only to lose to lesser teams. I watched as ED almost single handedly willed us into the playoffs only to have Shaw and Georgia piss on him.

And though I have called for plenty of heads to roll in that time, it is short lived and I always try to keep aware of my surroundings. If everyone around is losing their heads then I will probably say more than I would otherwise. It's human nature. So by trying to keep the peace, I am also relying on human nature that the fans here will keep it cool and use rational conversation.

I have a dream.....:cool:

MountainRam

Rookie
Some here wanted to see if there is an upgrade? Coughlin, Chip Kelly appear to be upgrades off the bat. Adam Gase, Hue Jackson have proved themselves too in their roles and should be considered a step above flat-lining Fisher. Other candidates? mehhh.

And importantly, Rams management should have the mentality to "Go For it" before the salary cap attrition catches up to assembled talent. This is real how ever good the cap management situaton is.

Also, the $12 (7 of this for the HC) million dollars or so that Rams owe the coaching staff for 2016 is minisicule in the long term for a billion dollar organization. As an example, if this staff pays out $45+ million dollars on resigning players (or in FA) and 2016 is a failure, Rams will now end up in a disastrous situation where new coaching staff may cut/end up in difficult cap situtations.

Time to move on from this staff and give the new regime talent, cap space and draft picks to start winning in 2016. Go Rams.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I can both agree with what you are saying and what @Mojo Ram is saying in the same breath. When every post comes off as a vent, it's time to check yourself. And I hope you don't think I'm pointing at you, just responding to what you had to say. You know I love yuh man.

The thing we keep trying to stress here is that there are ways to show you are pissed without going to the "he sucks" card.

I don't even know what it's like to be a fan of another NFL team. But I've had pretty much everything the other teams' fans have had in this one team. I survived through 9 years straight of losing football in the 90s and would argue that the product on the field was far worse than what we've seen over the past 4 years. I watched as Georgia pulled every dime from this team so she could live far beyond her means while short changing the team and us fans. I watched as we lost in the playoffs virtually every year during the 70s and 80s. I watched great defenses and lousy offenses get us into the playoffs every year only to lose to lesser teams. I watched as ED almost single handedly willed us into the playoffs only to have Shaw and Georgia pee pee on him.

And though I have called for plenty of heads to roll in that time, it is short lived and I always try to keep aware of my surroundings. If everyone around is losing their heads then I will probably say more than I would otherwise. It's human nature. So by trying to keep the peace, I am also relying on human nature that the fans here will keep it cool and use rational conversation.

I have a dream.....:cool:

I think you've done a great job, it's just I think some of us need a few more days :baghead:

But seriously, Forgive those of us who are looking for immediate change and instant hope. I mean when Fisher was hired my daughter was turning 13
By the time Fisher plays out his contract she'll be 18 -- that's a chunk of my life

Again I give credit to Fisher for making us average after so many years as a doormat, but there has to be someone out there that can take us from mediocrity to champions

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Well, since you responded to me....

I can't help you with your chemicals but it's probably a bad idea:seizure:

I see stuff like "not acceptable" In abstract, that's just more venting.

Reserving the right to be pissed? Fine, if that's in your basement or back yard.

Here? It's making me sleepy.:sleep: