Josh Gordon. It begins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was possibly the best olinemen on the team at the time. His anger kept getting the best of him. They didn't cut him because he was a bad player. They were just done with his antics. we got nothing by cutting him.

There is a chance that CLE is ready to cut ties with Gordon. More of a possibility than a probability. Either way, if they could get something for him, they may consider an offer.

I agree but that's my point. We cut Incognito because we had enough of his issues. But the issues still persisted because that's who Incognito is.

Which is why I am concerned about acquiring Gordon. The Browns know the guy. If they're willing to trade a guy with his level of talent, I am concerned there's something we don't know.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I agree but that's my point. We cut Incognito because we had enough of his issues. But the issues still persisted because that's who Incognito is.

Which is why I am concerned about acquiring Gordon. The Browns know the guy. If they're willing to trade a guy with his level of talent, I am concerned there's something we don't know.
Some kids take longer than other to figure life out.
All I ask, is that we take a look if the opportunity presents itself.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apart from the tweets in the op i haven't read anywhere that says the browns are trading him. In fact all I've read are that the browns are keeping him.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Ravens traded Boldin to the Whiners for a 6th round pick. Surely we can give up an adequate compensation for Gordon, if opportunity presents itself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some kids take longer than other to figure life out.
All I ask, is that we take a look if the opportunity presents itself.

I agree. But I'd need to have more information before I'd be willing to make a trade.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I dunno brother. I guarantee you I could find anything you could think of in Green Bay or the Twin Cities just as easy as LA (matter of fact I HAVE in both Madison and Minneapolis...and LA). Not saying I WOULD these days, just saying I COULD. I used to be into a lot of crap, and I have always traveled a lot - location never ever stopped me. I stopped me.

If I recall correctly Madison is a University party town. I remember going to mazalen Mexico and that was how that student explained it too me.
Anyways I too work in the health care field and we could tell some crazy sad stories, no doubt

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Part of the issue in Cleveland is that they have no culture of winning and very little senior leadership with so many new coaches coming on so often. Players feel very little tenure and even if they take a leadership position on the field, the locker room has got to be a very different story. And we've seen it played out time and again. Winning teams have the leadership and culture to address these issues.

Cleveland lacks all these things and it's best for them to simply start with a clean slate. It really doesn't matter how much talent they shed because they don't have the leadership infrastructure to deal with those issues, thus any energy dealing with even the smallest issue will significantly curtail their efforts towards righting their course which is ultimately counterproductive.

Might they give away the next Cris Carter? Yep. Actually, I think that's EXACTLY what's about to happen. Josh Gordon's piece in the Player's Tribune was pretty amazing and I think with a player's coach like Fisher who treats players like men and holds them accountable while understanding their journey can and has brought players like Josh Gordon along successfully. Every time? No. They have to want to come along. Trey Watts didn't want it enough and he almost assuredly won't be back. There are others. However, there are guys who finally get it.

The Rams brought in Titus Young and realized quickly that he wasn't going to work. Fisher didn't sweat for a second making that decision, either.

I have faith that if there's ANY organization that Josh Gordon could be successful in, it would be this one.

And honestly, having someone that talented on offense at WR to complement Gurley and TA? That's what we're missing.

Seriously, even with Wentz as a rookie, if we got Wentz and Gordon, I think we'd be a lock for the playoffs. If the D stayed healthy and we got back our guys... it could even be a SB run. THAT'S how much difference he could make. The synergy of a #1 WR and a back like Gurley makes one shudder...

100% agree w/ Mac on this topic

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
From the Browns POV, why is that appealing?

If he really is clean, it's appealing. But if he really is clean, why trade him?
Why would they consider trading a HoF left tackle in Thomas? Are we to believe that he's somehow not worth owning because the Browns sent out feelers and nearly sent him to the Broncos?

As another poster mentioned, what the Browns do as an organization has no bearing on football reality. And I say that as someone who kind of likes the Browns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
From the Browns POV, why is that appealing?

If he really is clean, it's appealing. But if he really is clean, why trade him?
Could be something as simple as the new Head Coach wanting to rid himself of any *potential* issues, or even him wanting his own players to fulfill his own vision of team building. Great players get traded all the time for various reasons. Faulk from Indy, Lynch from Buffalo, Boldin from Baltimore, T.O. from everybody, Suh (and Fairley) from Detroit, Bettis (and Fletcher) from the Rams, Moss from Oakland, Steve Young from Tampa, Cornelius Bennett from Indy, etc. I know some of those are money related, but they're still great players who weren't retained by the team they were on.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I agree. But I'd need to have more information before I'd be willing to make a trade.
But you act as if the Rams FO doesn't feel exactly the same way. Do you honestly think Snead/Fisher would make this decision blindly?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I dunno brother. I guarantee you I could find anything you could think of in Green Bay or the Twin Cities just as easy as LA (matter of fact I HAVE in both Madison and Minneapolis...and LA). Not saying I WOULD these days, just saying I COULD. I used to be into a lot of crap, and I have always traveled a lot - location never ever stopped me. I stopped me.

I liked you a lot more when you were effed up on all kinds of pills and meth, your posts made more sense then too. :) But I respect your choice hahaha.

@jrry32 that's no ordinary beat reporter, Grossi is awesome and gets great inside info. He's the one who uncovered Johnny Tricycle being drunk at the team meeting and that he was in Vegas the night before a game. He is a great read, I would love to see him covering our Rams!!!

He also verbally bitch slapped Randy Lerner when he was the owner of the Browns and the daily paper The Plain Dealer, caved to pressure from the Browns and Lerner and let him go. Of course he landed a better gig so Lerner failed at that too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Part of the issue in Cleveland is that they have no culture of winning and very little senior leadership with so many new coaches coming on so often. Players feel very little tenure and even if they take a leadership position on the field, the locker room has got to be a very different story. And we've seen it played out time and again. Winning teams have the leadership and culture to address these issues.

They have had crappy ownership since they returned, that's the reason they are where they are year after year. It's always started at the top.

I wish Ozzie was the Browns GM rather than the Ravens GM, shit would be different in my hometown if that was the case!!!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No on Gordon? Well Jeffery may be available.....
Via rotoworld:
The assumption all along has been that if the two sides can't come to a long-term agreement, then the Bears will simply slap Jeffery with the franchise tag. The expectation has been the 26-year-old won't even reach free agency. But Jeffery is coming off an injury-riddled contract season that was littered with soft-tissue calf and hamstring issues. He also had weight and conditioning concerns at South Carolina. Jeffery is still easily the top free-agent receiver.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know man....in 2013 he had a better season than Brown with worse QBing, and on a worse team. One season doesn't guarantee anything, but I don't think it's a major overstatement....just a minor one. Saying he's fully capable of being a top 5 WR seems like right in that wheelhouse...and how can you not take a chance on that??

The risk is this..........say you sign Gordon and then during the season, or early in preseason even, he fails a test, and BOOM just like that he is gone. And in the meantime so are all the other competent prospects and draft picks.

The risk isn't financial obviously, it's in the human resources column, its a personnel gamble. If you take him that means you didn't take someone else, and that someone else isn't likely to be available further down the road.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The risk is this..........say you sign Gordon and then during the season, or early in preseason even, he fails a test, and BOOM just like that he is gone. And in the meantime so are all the other competent prospects and draft picks.

The risk isn't financial obviously, it's in the human resources column, its a personnel gamble. If you take him that means you didn't take someone else, and that someone else isn't likely to be available further down the road.

...or you cut someone to make room for him and then it's a wasted number on our roster that we have to fill with a practice squad quality player...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
...or you cut someone to make room for him and then it's a wasted number on our roster that we have to fill with a practice squad quality player...

Yup.......

and you are right about the QB, we need one of those or it won't matter who is playing WR.