Josh Gordon. It begins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sounds like a good time for me to post something creepy.

3CzcsAN.jpg

And you did that a bit too well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This dude was one of the best receivers in the game when he wasn't suspended. Worst thing he does is smoke some weed. Not out there getting DUIs like Justin Blackmon.

This guy would be the best receiver on our team if we got him, no question.

He seems dedicated to making a big comeback and I think he's worth whatever risk there is, which in my opinion, is minor.

He's insanely gifted, but if he is really gotten straight there is no way the Browns let him go because they need WR's too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just don't see taking on a guy one more screw up away from a permanent suspension the same year they are moving to LA. Had 1 great year but has had no self control, ever. Give me Marvin Jones as a FA and Treadwell if he is there at 15

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh sure-LA will get him straightened out
IF NOT, Being a Celeb Football player "WON"T" keep him out of Jail!!

All that aside. Their are at least 6 WR's I like in the Draft!! Forget Gordon!!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
He's insanely gifted, but if he is really gotten straight there is no way the Browns let him go because they need WR's too.

In most cases, Les, I would agree 100% however it sounds like there's a mutual agreement between both parties to go their seperare ways. Cleveland, I'm sure, is trying to clean up their image a bit and Gordon has said he wants a fresh start so I could actually see us as a favorite to land him. Sound bites from Coach Fish and Snead suggest we are going to emphasize on upgrading our offense any means necessary.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I just don't see taking on a guy one more screw up away from a permanent suspension the same year they are moving to LA. Had 1 great year but has had no self control, ever. Give me Marvin Jones as a FA and Treadwell if he is there at 15

If its a really low pick or the browns release him I don't see how the rams can pass it up. I would still look to draft a WR or sign one in FA he I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket but my God if hes finally got his head on straight and can even come close to being the guy he was a couple of years ago a lot of teams are gonna look stupid for passing on possibly a top 5 WR for pennys.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher specializes with guys like this. No reason not to do it. He's young, we have several high character guys, and Britt was headed down a bad path at one point - good role model for him.

If we gave up a 3rd round pick for him I'd still be thrilled.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Of course I would go after Gordon. No way we can say this kid is done he is only 24. He is one of the premier deep threats in the league. Add that to Gurley and Tavon and that's the best set of weapons we have had in years. In terms of talent he is a top 5 WR in this league and we aren't getting that in 3rd or 4th round this year.

Rams under fisher have handled guys with character issues relatively well with role players like Sted, Watts, and Pead being notable exceptions. Tru, Jenks and many others had character issues coming out and have stayed out of trouble even on a roster lacking experienced veteran leaders. I am not overly concerned about a relapse. He is a Free agent after the year and is currently on his rookie contract so you can retain him cheaply for a year and make him prove it for an additional year by franchising him if you choose. In my opinion reward outweighs the risk.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fisher specializes with guys like this. No reason not to do it. He's young, we have several high character guys, and Britt was headed down a bad path at one point - good role model for him.

If we gave up a 3rd round pick for him I'd still be thrilled.

I can appreciate that thought but here's another.

I'm trying to think of a guy who had multiple suspensions that ever made any difference at all. They all fizzle...........I don't know if he is going to rewrite the book, but the odds are very, very long against him.

Why pass up on something else that doesn't have the risk associated with it, because that's what they would have to do and by the time it backfires fre agency and the draft are memories. Then you are looking at stret free agents.

No thanks!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Very rarely do I read a player's apology or story and find it the least bit credible. Josh Gordon's piece in The Player Tribune was honest and really made me feel like he's on the right side of things. If he somehow ended up in horns, I'd be thrilled. Regardless, I'm pulling for the guy.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I say we trade up for Wentz and offer the browns a 5th for Gordon.. Definitely worth the gamble in my humble opinion...

Some differing opinions/thoughts:
  • Not sure I trade up further than the 6th pick for Goeff/Wentz/Lynch. We will need our 2016 picks to replenish our DBs, DL and WRs Ram's are only keeping 1 of their CBs and their safeties are going to cost more than they think).
  • They will cut C. Long and will not be able to resign him for the dollars they want; and they need a new WR or two and the FAs are not #1s except for Jeffries who will not make it to free agency. I would only move up based on what one of my seconds and next years 4th could get me, which is probably in the 8th to 10th range.
  • The Ram's do not have a 5th, but they do have Isiah Battle, whom they drafted in the supplemental and as a result forfeited the Ram's 5th this year. I would trade Battle for Gordon plus Cleveland" 4th this year (conditioned on his reinstatement).
  • I am taking a chance on J Gordon because he is like a young Chris Carter. He was a substance abuser before Facebook, TMZ, and Twitter. Carter like Gordon was not hurting other people. He is the type you take a chance on.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

They have to let him go because the Browns are a Dumpster Fire (c) and Factory of Sadness (c) and just do not have the leadership or culture in place to deal with a player like him.

Fisher has his warts which we've discussed ad nauseum. However, one thing he does really well is bring borderline characters in and get them in line and playing well. JJ is now the #2 FA CB and we're skeered of losing him and this was a dood that we weren't sure could stay off the 'jane. He's improved himself to becoming a shut down corner in this league through hard work.

Coach Fisher does that. He gets players to play for him.

Now, do I have ANY doubts that Josh Gordon would play like crazy for Coach Fisher? Heck no.

Just like I don't doubt that Nick Fairley's plan was to play here for a year at $5M and bounce and now he's seriously thinking about trying to stay (and if anyone's thinking he's NOT thinking about staying, I'd challenge that and a whole lot of that is Fisher and the culture he's created here).

If we traded up for Wentz and THEN got Josh Gordon.... OMG... OMG....OMG...

I'd have to grab my inhaler. That offense with our D? That's a Super Bowl team right there...

Super Bowl. Winner. Lombardi hoisters. Parade havers. Banner lifters.

Am I making myself clear?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Taking a look certainly couldn't hurt.
If Gordon could stay clean, he'd be a very wealthy man.
I'd love to have him in horns if he could stay clean.

Just legalize weed already.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Okay he's a Ram. Avg 100yds a game first 8 games, then suspended for life. Who's the enabler then ?
As far as Fisher, he didn't keep Baily from being suspended?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Last thing this team needs is another player they cannot count on. I'd pass on Gordon. Get a FA wideout and draft one that knows what a route tree is.

fancents86

Starter
To be fair, if I played in Cleveland I would be high all the time as well. At least in LA he can go to Disneyland or something...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Last thing this team needs is another player they cannot count on. I'd pass on Gordon. Get a FA wideout and draft one that knows what a route tree is.

Because we can count on our current bunch of misfit receivers to get it done? Lol! (Blue font)