Josh Gordon. It begins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've been banging on this for awhile. Rams need to explore this extensively.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Josh Gordon and LA will likely be a volatile mix. I don't like the idea of having his influence around the team.

His future is truly up to him only he can control his urges and continue to seek help for his maladies. I don't believe L.A would be any more or less of a distraction he needs to face his demons and overcome and that takes help in any city. This is not yesterday's L.A. Healthy eating, sobriety, exercise and a positive lifestyle are on a huge upswing for the last several years. Anywhere he goes he will have to get with the right group seek help and participate in his success, leaving L.A as good a home as anywhere. The choice is his and the risk is no greater here.
I agree the risk factor may not be a great match but what a home run if he gets it. yeah big IF...

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Beggars can't be choosers, our offense needs any help it can get. Bring the bastard in if you can swing the right deal.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I say we trade up for Wentz and offer the browns a 5th for Gordon.. Definitely worth the gamble in my humble opinion...

I would cough up a 4th, Fishers track record says the risk is worth it IMHO

Sounds like a good time for me to post something creepy.

3CzcsAN.jpg

I can not confirm, or deny I just spit up my beverage when I read this. LMAO

:rolllaugh::ROFLMAO:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

risky but a risk well worth taking for the rams. just make sure they have a qb that can get the ball to him.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'd roll the dice on this one. If he's found new ways to relax, you get him working with a therapist and really get a good environment around him. I sometimes think athletes are like kids - if their environment is good they react better. Cleveland is a train wreck. Guys don't want to play for them, the locker room sounds a mess, he's not wanted there, he felt unfairly treated by the league - it's easy to see how an immature and perhaps not the most intelligent of young men can get a bit lost. He gets a fresh start in a new city on an exciting team, with a coach who has a great track record with guys like him and I think it's worth a gamble. Might not work - but nothing's ever guaranteed in this life.

~lyser

Rookie
Surprisingly enough, I agree with Les.

Million dollar talent and ten cent brain (been gone too long, too much cocaine!)...indeed.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised to see posted opinions from one extreme to the other regarding Gordon.

Myself, I consider him untouchable.

Manziel, too.

Both are flawed beyond reasonable standards and would require babysitting 24/7.

It's bad enough when we lose a player's services to injury every year, as with Long and Saffold. But to lose a player to a self inflicted suspension?

Oh, HELL no!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those of you saying you wouldn't do it....you wouldn't give up a 4th round pick for him? A young guy that's capable of being the best WR in the entire NFL? And on top of that, we wouldn't have to pay him much this year.

Where's the downside here? Most 4th round picks don't pan out anyway.

I personally would give up a 3rd, because I think he's worth it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm surprised to see posted opinions from one extreme to the other regarding Gordon.

Myself, I consider him untouchable.

Manziel, too.

Both are flawed beyond reasonable standards and would require babysitting 24/7.

It's bad enough when we lose a player's services to injury every year, as with Long and Saffold. But to lose a player to a self inflicted suspension?

Oh, HELL no!

I would consider Manziel untouchable, but he and Gordon are in different leagues. One guy has proven nothing, while the other has shown he is capable of being a top 5 WR.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would also add, that if Manziel had a QB season comparable to Gordon's season....say 4000 yards passing, 30 TDs and 10 INTs.....he wouldn't be getting cut by the Browns, and if he did, he'd have a job in 5 minutes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
His future is truly up to him only he can control his urges and continue to seek help for his maladies. I don't believe L.A would be any more or less of a distraction he needs to face his demons and overcome and that takes help in any city. This is not yesterday's L.A. Healthy eating, sobriety, exercise and a positive lifestyle are on a huge upswing for the last several years. Anywhere he goes he will have to get with the right group seek help and participate in his success, leaving L.A as good a home as anywhere. The choice is his and the risk is no greater here.
I agree the risk factor may not be a great match but what a home run if he gets it. yeah big IF...

I have worked with young drug addicts for about 12 years now. At one time it was a full time job. I know that my observations are just mine, but things I have seen and learned over the years should count for something. The young men and women that started young are the ones that I never had success with. Something is in them deep down that just seems unchangeable, at least while they are still in their 20s to 30s. The guys that started as casual partiers had more success turning it around. I don't know which group Josh is in but one thing rings true with all of them. To get by they needed to not be around it. I know their will be people preying on weakness like his in every city, but LA has a higher population than most cities and a lot more enticements because of it.

He should go to Green Bay or Minnesota IMO.

Firecap

UDFA
Name
Firecap
Rams don't have a 5th round pick, used on Battle in supplemental draft

~lyser

Rookie
I have worked with young drug addicts for about 12 years now. At one time it was a full time job. I know that my observations are just mine, but things I have seen and learned over the years should count for something. The young men and women that started young are the ones that I never had success with. Something is in them deep down that just seems unchangeable, at least while they are still in their 20s to 30s. The guys that started as casual partiers had more success turning it around. I don't know which group Josh is in but one thing rings true with all of them. To get by they needed to not be around it. I know their will be people preying on weakness like his in every city, but LA has a higher population than most cities and a lot more enticements because of it.

I dunno brother. I guarantee you I could find anything you could think of in Green Bay or the Twin Cities just as easy as LA (matter of fact I HAVE in both Madison and Minneapolis...and LA). Not saying I WOULD these days, just saying I COULD. I used to be into a lot of shit, and I have always traveled a lot - location never ever stopped me. I stopped me.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Yeah, I understand. It certainly seems to take the young ones longer to hit their bottom. I have been around this awhile myself (both sides) The decision is his and i hope he find his way before he ruins a golden opportunity and a potentially very productive career. Sometime the smaller cities have even greater temptations do to less activity but it goes either way. Geographics never worked for me. It is truly on him. Keep working with those youngsters you are making a difference even if you don't see it right away. I respect your work and opinion Gnome admirable profession brother kudo's

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Browns are done with him, I'm worried about giving up anything for him.