Joe Barksdale signs with Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Joseph Barksdale - T - Chargers
Chargers agreed to terms with OT Joseph Barksdale, formerly of the Rams.

Coming off a strong age-26 campaign in St. Louis, Barksdale surprisingly languished on the open market for over two months. His arrival in San Diego likely means RT D.J. Fluker will kick inside to right guard. That would leave Barksdale to bookend LT King Dunlap. Second-rounder Rob Havenstein will replace Barksdale in St. Louis.
Related: Rams

Source: Rand Getlin on Twitter
May 19 - 1:24 PM

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm sad to lose him, he did some good work for us. Too bad we had drafted his replacement.

ram007

Starter
If this team is serious about winning this season, whats wrong in paying an experienced average RT (who is only 26 years) like Barksdale the market money?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad this saga is over... time to move on...

lockdnram21

Legend
If this team is serious about winning this season, whats wrong in paying an experienced average RT (who is only 26 years) like Barksdale the market money?
Because Havenstein is probably just as good in pass pro

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The #Chargers will sign OT Joseph Barksdale to a 1-year deal, source said. Base minimum, $350K to sign, $1M more available in incentives.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The #Chargers will sign OT Joseph Barksdale to a 1-year deal, source said. Base minimum, $350K to sign, $1M more available in incentives.

Cheap and please don't take the wrong way, but if I was going to move San Diego would be on my short list, if money was not an issue. I could get used to 75 degrees and sunny most of the time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Cheap and please don't take the wrong way, but if I was going to move San Diego would be on my short list, if money was not an issue. I could get used to 75 degrees and sunny most of the time.

SD is beautiful - and have they have a QB which means they have a chance - but at 350k he is going to be in a studio apartment out there unless he has been saving.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I actually think he can be a pretty good tackle - although, he has had some rough patches here and there. Reading his blog, he seems like a pretty good guy, too. I hope this turns out to be a good move for him - and I hope it turns out even better for us.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That's nothing. I would have given him more just to backup Havenstein.