Jim Harbaugh to Los Angeles Rams Rumor a ‘Very Real Thing’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harbaugh cut his coaching teeth in San Diego, then Stanford then San Francisco
To say California doesn't hold appeal to him is kind of crazy.
Not for nothing, but where would Harbaugh's wife rather live, Michigan or Los Angeles? She's a California girl IIRC

That said, Harbaugh will go to the Colts to coach his boy Luck

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Does anyone know if Harbaugh even wants to leave Michigan? I thought he was pretty happy to take the coaching position for them since he was a former quarterback for the Wolverines.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I still think you should pursue Matt Patricia with all urgency.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Good god no
Why? I'd like him to stay in New England, but the guy is a tactical genius with NFL coaching experience on both sides of the ball. Plus, what he's done this season is the equivalent of if Snead decided to trade Donald and Quinn for future draft picks, and Williams just said, "Fine, I'll put together the best scoring defense in the conference without any pass-rushers."

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All I know is he took over a bad 9'er, with less talent than this Ram team, and took them to Sb, a conference Champ game and the just the playoffs 3 years in a row. He may be a Dick ,but that's okay with me if he wins.
Good enough for me.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
To me, it starts at the top. This team has had ZERO winning seasons since 2003, regardless of who the coach has been, but I'll focus on the Kroenke / Demoff era. ZERO winning seasons. Shitty ownership, shitty running of the franchise (Demoff), shitty personnel decisions, shitty coaching. I doubt that Harbaugh or anyone else is successful unless pretty much all of it is changed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? I'd like him to stay in New England, but the guy is a tactical genius with NFL coaching experience on both sides of the ball. Plus, what he's done this season is the equivalent of if Snead decided to trade Donald and Quinn for future draft picks, and Williams just said, "Fine, I'll put together the best scoring defense in the conference without any pass-rushers."
Because his defense is not great, and a bi product of a weak schedule and a ball control offense. The Rams need a coach with legit offense experience.
His experience on the o- side of the ball is extremely limited and vastly over rated
Plus, none of Belechick's assistants do well outside of New England

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
To me, it starts at the top. This team has had ZERO winning seasons since 2003, regardless of who the coach has been, but I'll focus on the Kroenke / Demoff era. ZERO winning seasons. crappy ownership, crappy running of the franchise (Demoff), crappy personnel decisions, crappy coaching. I doubt that Harbaugh or anyone else is successful unless pretty much all of it is changed.
For all his flaws, Kroenke is, I understand, a pretty hands-off owner. Theoretically he should be able to hire a good GM, who then hires a good HC, and then Kroenke fucks off and lets the football people do what they know how to do.

Theoretically...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
For all his flaws, Kroenke is, I understand, a pretty hands-off owner. Theoretically he should be able to hire a good GM, who then hires a good HC, and then Kroenke fucks off and lets the football people do what they know how to do.

Theoretically...

Kroenke has a history of running franchises into the ground and having horrible attendance. Look at his other franchises. I just don't think the guy gives a shit about anything but making money and for some reason, he doesn't understand that if he put in some effort, he'd even make more of it. I can't stand Jerry Jones, but the dude wants to win. He gets visibly upset when there are bad plays or he loses. I never see that from Kroenke. Hell we didn't see the guy for years here in StL.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Because his defense is not great, and a bi product of a weak schedule and a ball control offense. The Rams need a coach with legit offense experience.
His experience on the o- side of the ball is extremely limited and vastly over rated
Plus, none of Belechick's assistants do well outside of New England
Belichick's assistants' track records notwithstanding, I get the feeling that Patricia will be a HC somewhere in 2017, with someone from the Belichick coaching tree as his OC (maybe Bill O'Brien, if he's ousted in Houston), and he'll be very successful.

I may well be wrong, but when you listen to the guy talk, read about his obsessive film watching, consider that he embraced coaching football instead of making his hay as a rocket scientist, I think there's a ton to like.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
And so it begins, the LA will get all good things because it's LA mentality.

I have nothing against LA, but I can't help roll my eyes and give an exasperated sigh when people start going on like the streets are made of gold and the sky rains money.

What, you never been to Beverly Hills? :cool:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Kroenke has a history of running franchises into the ground and having horrible attendance. Look at his other franchises. I just don't think the guy gives a crap about anything but making money and for some reason, he doesn't understand that if he put in some effort, he'd even make more of it. I can't stand Jerry Jones, but the dude wants to win. He gets visibly upset when there are bad plays or he loses. I never see that from Kroenke. Hell we didn't see the guy for years here in StL.
I don't think he cares about anything but money either; basically, he needs to get it right with hiring a top executive to run the football side of things because if it isn't right, he doesn't care enough to fix it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I don't think he cares about anything but money either; basically, he needs to get it right with hiring a top executive to run the football side of things because if it isn't right, he doesn't care enough to fix it.
Agreed.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Although that is a double-edged sword; if he does get it right, even if it's a situation like Belichick in Cleveland, he's got the patience (or disinterest) to let it play out. Opposite of the current Browns ownership who might actually can Hue Jackson after one season with zero talent.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Not sure how I feel about Harbaugh being the next HC of the Rams.

Seems like a sexual deviant to me.....

original_original.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Agree also...Without unduly picking on one area, coaching the Rams doesn't entail immediately buying a home in East LA...Khaki man (and most anybody who has been a well- paid coach for a couple of years), can afford to live in a very upscale area...

Bruce2980

Starter
I don't know how you don't get it. I'm not from California. I've never been to LA. I don't want to live in LA. But I still get it. If you're a star athlete in LA, you get to pal around with celebrities. Especially if you're on a winning team. And then there's endorsements, media exposure, etc.

Don't forget Hollywood. How many former LA Rams players got a chance to be in movies, and become TV stars and celebrates in their own right? Merlin Olsen and Fred Drier come to my mind but how many others got cameo appearances, and appearances on late night TV.