Jim Harbaugh to Los Angeles Rams Rumor a ‘Very Real Thing’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hqdefault.jpg

Right back at ya.

I meant Hoke.

It sounds like you disagree, but that is basically what Meyer and Saban do. They recruit the best of the best. Ohio State is currently up to six 5 star recruits and predicted to get one or two more. That is insane considering how few their are. And their 4 star recruits are highly rated 4's. I follow college recruiting closely. It is no coincidence that Alabama and Ohio State are putting the most players in the NFL each draft and some years have as many as 7 first round picks. It isn't player development as much as it is working with a loaded roster. Michigan, LSU and some other schools have the same benefit of getting most of the top players. Other schools have to work harder to find talent at lower levels.

Dantonio at MSU and Chryst at Wisconsin do a great job of finding talented players that are lower rated. Their classes are mainly made up of lower rated 4 star recruits and 3 star recruits. I laugh at these fans that think Saban and Meyer are just better at developing talent. When you start with a big lead, you usually win the race.

Your reply to my saying Harbaugh can recognize talent because he recruits well is to say that anybody can do it all you have to do is recruit what other people tell you are the best of the best. Sorry but that's rather silly thing to say. Not only is that silly but what are there a total of 20 5 star recruits? Or maybe it's 30 or 40? My point is not only is not realistic it's not how you win. Hell Texas had as many of those recruits as Harbaugh and what good did it do them? And I agree Dantonio and Chryst are also great eye's for talent. Hell the whole Big 10 is stacked with good coaches right now who can recruit. But to limit Harbaugh because he had 1 5 star recruit? Silly.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Seems right now this will be a full search of turning over every rock. Not a focused burn of the type required to get Jim Harbaugh to where he can't say no.

This is exactly right. Certain guys are not going to be interviewed for the job, they will interview you. They aren't going to be one of several candidates you are publicly considering and come in to compete for the job. The will need/want to be the full focus the one and only one you have interest in so to speak.

Guys like Cooter or even Josh D may be part of a group you publicly select from. Guys like Harbaugh (or a Cower for another example "dream" grab) will be the Belle of the ball, they will need you to woo them.

…..

Legend
I think the NFLs bylaws require the Rams to interview a certain number of candidates as well as at least one minority candidate.

some one correct me if I am wrong

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Your reply to my saying Harbaugh can recognize talent because he recruits well is to say that anybody can do it all you have to do is recruit what other people tell you are the best of the best. Sorry but that's rather silly thing to say. Not only is that silly but what are there a total of 20 5 star recruits? Or maybe it's 30 or 40? My point is not only is not realistic it's not how you win. Hell Texas had as many of those recruits as Harbaugh and what good did it do them? And I agree Dantonio and Chryst are also great eye's for talent. Hell the whole Big 10 is stacked with good coaches right now who can recruit. But to limit Harbaugh because he had 1 5 star recruit? Silly.

Not just Harbaugh. All of the top coaches get the best players when they coach at a preferred school. Compare the classes. Some schools recruit themselves, like Notre Dame and Stanford (if you have the grades). Is there coaching involved? Sure. Is there evaluation involved sure. But Harbaugh had a very good team this year and it was mostly made up of Brady Hoke's recruits. So, I guess now that Brady Hoke is one of the great talent evaluators too. Harbaugh, Saban, and Meyer can all coach. I am not saying that. But winning in college football is 75% about recruiting. They have the luxury of drawing the best players in the country. Your statement about Texas is flawed and generalizing at it's best btw. I am not going to do the homework for you but go check out the sites and the classes the last few years. They are graded on who brings in the highest rated players out of high school. Every year Ohio State, Alabama, and now Michigan are near the top. It isn't that difficult to figure out who the best players are with all of the scouting services grading them. The guys graded at the top are always the top targets. It's common sense.