Jeff Fisher to receive 3yr extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
At this point, I would've just wait and see how he does throughout the season. I still stand by not wanting to renew his contract by the end of the season unless I see consistency beyond 3 games in a row.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams have to know that - to the extent they feel compelled to lock this in - they are bidding only against themselves. I can't imagine there is another team in the league (or even major college football) who would be blowing up his phones.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can kind of see his point.

You always want your team to win but if you honestly believe that we won't be true contenders until Fisher is fired and Fisher won't be fired unless the team loses .... well ..... short term loss long term gain.
Yeah, but there is a thing called pride. I would rather slit my wrists than ever want the SheHawks to EVER BEAT US AGAIN.:hellno:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yeah, but there is a thing called pride. I would rather slit my wrists than ever want the SheHawks to EVER BEAT US AGAIN.:hellno:

Don't get me wrong - I would rather see Fisher never lose another game. I'd like to see 15-1 followed by a SuperBowl Run.

But I'm finding that kool aid ever more difficult to swallow.

Instead, I see 8-8. And not only that, I see 8-8 with a 3 year extension - and the next 3 years not being much better. By the time we get rid of Fisher, Donald and Gurley will either be gone or will be among the highest paid at their positions and our window will be significantly smaller than it is now.

So would I take an 0-6 start if it meant real meaningful change? I would rather have the playoffs, but I'd take it over 8-8 and a 3 year extension all day.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
You know I want Fisher to improve this team and take us into the playoffs. I honestly don't see it happening but for those that are rooting against the Rams so Fisher can then be fired...Pure bullshit.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think when push comes to shove - we will all be rooting for the Rams to win. Maybe we will just call it a silver lining if we lose that we may be one step closer to change.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
You know I want Fisher to improve this team and take us into the playoffs. I honestly don't see it happening but for those that are rooting against the Rams so Fisher can then be fired...Pure bullcrap.

I assume that is a response to my quote?

If so... Would anyone really care who our coach is if we were winning playoff games and Superbowls? No. Same reason why Pats fans are so die-hard even if their coach and players are cheaters. Winning cures all.

So to wish harm upon your team....it's like rooting against your kids baseball team. It's just not right.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
How good is it to be Jeff Fisher?! What has he done to deserve this? He must be sitting in his office right now and laughing his ass off right now.

Its like the Oprah show this week. Raise for Brockers, Raise for Snead, Raise for even Fisher!! Raises for everyone!!! 27-37-1 whoohooo. wtf is going on there?

I know its a different world, but I would to be below average at my job for 3 years and get called into my bosses office to here "Hey Boston, well done, here is a 3 year extension. Keep up the mediocrity!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Fisher. I just wish he would turn over full control of the offense to a top tier offensive mind, let Williams handle the defense and focus on being the head coach.

Athos

Legend
SK. Content with abject mediocrity as long as he's making $$.

Will make not watching the dumpster fire easier.

Just hilarious to announce after the total failure Monday.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assume that is a response to my quote?

If so... Would anyone really care who our coach is if we were winning playoff games and Superbowls? No. Same reason why Pats fans are so die-hard even if their coach and players are cheaters. Winning cures all.

So to wish harm upon your team....it's like rooting against your kids baseball team. It's just not right.
No it wasn't. I meant why would they do it after the worst showing by the Rams in 5 years . I will never root for them to lose a game .

Athos

Legend
Here is your answer. 1-Reeves, 2-Landry, 3-Fisher
View attachment 16347

The difference being with those above and below him as being coaches with several playoff appearances, wins, division wins, championships, and Super Bowl wins.

I seriously don't get how career mediocrity gets you millions of dollars and chance after chance with failure after failure.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I like Fisher. I just wish he would turn over full control of the offense to a top tier offensive mind, let Williams handle the defense and focus on being the head coach.

Then you don't like Fisher, because he would never do that.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then you don't like Fisher, because he would never do that.
He will if it is a stipulation in his new contract. Somewhat like the situation when Vermeil was resigned and brought in Martz.