Jeff Fisher to receive 3yr extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
You lose a game 28-0 against a low to mediocre opponent and are rewarded an extension?

I can't believe it hasn't been said yet:
That's some 7-9 bullcrap!!

Actually I think it's been used about 2,467 times in a month or so, just not on this particular page !!!

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I was really upset for what happened Monday night but I'm still a fisher fan.

Many here want him gone and that's understandable but I still believe in him and won't give up on this season just yet.

So until then

sbiAdJp.gif

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Fisher hasn't had a QB to hang his hat on yet... Lets see if Goff can provide him this luxury before firing him.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
SK. Content with abject mediocrity as long as he's making $$.

Will make not watching the dumpster fire easier.

Just hilarious to announce after the total failure Monday.

Blazingly intuitive on you part. Keep up the good work

Kronke doesn't give a crap if we win or lose. His grand stadium will still be filled with opposing teams' fans that want to come watch an easy road victory. Businessman indeed.[/

Insight after insight - well done.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
As long as Kroenke is the owner the Rams will not be consistently good. He makes business decisions, not sports decision. He has a track record in a few other major sports leagues. He doesn't care about wins and losses unless it effects his bottom line.

Total conjecture on your part , with absolutely no facts to back it up.

But you fell better, right?

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Bradford was the reason according to Fisher, that he took the Job with the Rams. He said we had a quarterback he could win with. Rams went a whopping 10-14-1 with Fisher's guy under center. Fisher is a joke and the Rams will be a .500 team with him running this organization.

WvuIN02

Starter
You can care about winning and yet have no clue about the formula for winning.

I think this applies both to SK and JF. It's not luck, the referees, or any other myriad of excuses why the same teams win year in and year out while others consistently do the opposite.

Bruce2980

Starter
You can care about winning and yet have no clue about the formula for winning.

I think this applies both to SK and JF. It's not luck, the referees, or any other myriad of excuses why the same teams win year in and year out while others consistently do the opposite.
Fisher is an old school coach that just lines up Xs and Os on offense. If every player on the field executes by dominating his opponent on every play, every week, then they win and win big. Despite the fact that the 49ers "knew" the exact plays Gurley was running and crashed through that gap with multiple defenders before the FB and or Gurley could even get there, if the Rams Oline would have won their battles, the game would have been completely different. I don't like the idea of having to play perfect ball in order to win, but that is the Fisher way. And this team has not gelled together enough, to play like one synchronic machine. I don't think that is imaginative, or creative, it is smash mouth football, we just aren't real good at it yet. It is in stark contrast to his and GWs defensive philosophies of an attacking defense, and thank God for that, as it creates a very exciting defense to watch when they all play well.

With that said, I sure hope this team plays perfect and consistent ball, because the offensive coaching is what it is, and may not change for awhile.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend

Does winning owners give coaches a 6,7,8th year when they couldn't get a winning season in the first 5? Are the Avalanche and Nuggets perineal winners? Answer to all is no. There's your facts.

FRO

Legend
Stan Kroenke:
”If you want to win championships then you would never get involved. I think the best owners in sports are the guys that sort of watch both sides a bit. If you don’t have a good business then you can’t really afford to go out and get the best players unless you just want to rely on other sources of income”

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
There has been talk of an extension for Fisher and Snead for some time now. Certainly from before that train wreck on Monday night. One result isn't going to change that nor should it (even when the result and performance is as bad as that!)

However, I think its sensible to wait to see how the season unfolds before making the final decision.

As far as Kroenke is concerned, the Arsenal comparison is unfair because Arsene Wenger is the main culprit there as regards transfer policy in my view. He's very stubborn. They've signed big name players for big fees in recent years and I'm convinced its only Wenger's philosophy that's stopped there being more such signings.

Can't comment on his NBA or NHL teams because I don't follow either sport. Basketball especially bores the tits off me.

The fact is that making money as a sports team owner and the success of that team are so closely linked that I just don't buy that Kroenke would happily watch his team finish 7-9 each year without doing anything to fix it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Weren't the Nuggets perennial winners when he bought the Rams? It's only been since he bought the team that they have started to decline. The avalanche has been an on and off playoff team for while now.

Are we really saying that making the playoffs is not a good team? At this point I'd be ecstatic if the Rams made the playoffs every other year, or once every three years. It's not the preferred outcome, but I'd take it. Let's not act like his other teams are the Browns.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There's a famous kreonke quote where he says something along the lines of "you don't get into this business to win championships" or something like that

Edit : post 94 above is the exact quote that I was mentioning. He was talking about why he won't spend money on premium players so his soccer club could win a championship

Last edited:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been a fan of this team for a long time. There have been times that I asked myself, "why?" I almost gave up football during the Tony Banks era, a missed a lot of those games one year when I was certain we were on the wrong track. I thought Fish was going to be good for the team, and perhaps if his hands were tied on Goff, well who knows. I was pissed off when we passed with Wentz. I could still be wrong, but Wentz looks like he is a winner to me. It's these types of decisions that matter. This is the most important decision a coach will make. Hard to win with your number one pick hiding from embarrassment on the sidelines from the fan base he was once part of on Monday night. But don't worry. We got Case. Awesome. Honestly, wouldn't we be better developing Mannion first and Goff as his backup? I just don't see a reason for Case. The other two have the arm talent and height. Fish should know this. He doesn't. Fire him. Go find a winner. Mike Martz is selling televisions down the street, he's available. He knows what a route looks like, not this horizontal crap. Sorry for the rant.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love watching fans blowing their collective minds over something like this that they have no insight to and no say in.

I'm rooting for Rams wins, Fisher getting a new contract and Goff getting up to speed quickly.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There's a famous kreonke quote where he says something along the lines of "you don't get into this business to win championships" or something like that

Edit : post 94 above is the exact quote that I was mentioning. He was talking about why he won't spend money on premium players so his soccer club could win a championship
REally?

I don't know the context but that sounds to me like he knows exactly what he is doing and allowing the people he hired to do their jobs.