Jeff Fisher to receive 3yr extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

But seriously, as other have mentioned, a contract extension doesn't mean much. Coaches can be fired at any moment, whether they have 3 months or 3 years left on their contract.

The real concern is if management has the balls - or cares enough about the on field product - to ever fire Fisher. I'm worried management does not. But time will tell.

My patience with Fisher is done, and I want him gone, but I'm glad management didn't fire him after one dud of an opener. That would be type of rash, knee-jerk reaction you *don't* want out of the people running your franchise. Fisher should be fired because in years in charge of the Rams our win totals have gotten progressive worse, he's been totally unable to draft/develop offensive players, his teams continue to make the same mistakes (penalties, being unable to win the games they 'should', etc), and his offensive scheme continues to be garbage. Not because we got embarrassed by the 49ers. As bad as that was. Fisher needs to go because nothing is gonna change with him here. It's been several YEARS now. Pass.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Stop. He's been the majority owner for the last 6 years when they actually started to improve.
If you're going to blame him for what happened before then you also have to credit him for winning a Superbowl
They've improved over the last 6 years?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
They've improved over the last 6 years?

Yes, they went from records like 1-15 and 3 -13 to a respectable team. Yes, I know this team should be a lot better, there's no arguing that. But, lets give this a couple of weeks before we completely jump off the bandwagon.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Could the timing be any worse for this? A least from a fans standpoint.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to add something here if I may. I've seen some comments about Kroenke not caring about results, and only about money. While I really don't think that's true, there's another angle that I don't think is being explored. Kroenke, like all billionaires, has a huge ego and an obvious sense of pride for his accomplishments. Does anyone think that he'd be comfortable with a shitty product while in Owners meetings or while mingling with other owners like Jerruh? Personally, I'd feel much smaller if I was the Owner of a team that plays like shit while being a member of the big boys' club. I mean, when you're dealing with absurd amounts of money, and you're in that club, everyone wants to be the best and proudest. It's always about competition in that regard. Just something to think about.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'd like to add something here if I may. I've seen some comments about Kroenke not caring about results, and only about money. While I really don't think that's true, there's another angle that I don't think is being explored. Kroenke, like all billionaires, has a huge ego and an obvious sense of pride for his accomplishments. Does anyone think that he'd be comfortable with a shitty product while in Owners meetings or while mingling with other owners like Jerruh? Personally, I'd feel much smaller if I was the Owner of a team that plays like shit while being a member of the big boys' club. I mean, when you're dealing with absurd amounts of money, and you're in that club, everyone wants to be the best and proudest. It's always about competition in that regard. Just something to think about.

bingo

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'd like to add something here if I may. I've seen some comments about Kroenke not caring about results, and only about money. While I really don't think that's true, there's another angle that I don't think is being explored. Kroenke, like all billionaires, has a huge ego and an obvious sense of pride for his accomplishments. Does anyone think that he'd be comfortable with a crappy product while in Owners meetings or while mingling with other owners like Jerruh? Personally, I'd feel much smaller if I was the Owner of a team that plays like crap while being a member of the big boys' club. I mean, when you're dealing with absurd amounts of money, and you're in that club, everyone wants to be the best and proudest. It's always about competition in that regard. Just something to think about.

BULL'S EYE

FRO

Legend
Yes, they went from records like 1-15 and 3 -13 to a respectable team. Yes, I know this team should be a lot better, there's no arguing that. But, lets give this a couple of weeks before we completely jump off the bandwagon.
So he improved them from historically bad to just bad. Good job.

fancents86

Starter
I really don't care if we beat the seahawks, this week, I don't care if we go 10-6 this season, the fact of the matter is this team as consistanly been stagnant under fishers tenure. And after Monday night NO team who has been "rebuilding" for 5 damn years should come out looking like that. We may very well beat the seahawks sunday, well isn't that pretty much fishers MO? Get the doo doo kicked out of us and then come back and win? It's either that or the opposite, win a hard game and then go on and get our ass kicked by a lesser team (recall the skins last season). If there is any extension, IF Fisher can get u's to a 10-6 record, he should get a 1 year extension. One year extensions after that until he is able to prove that he can actually put a stable and consistently productive team on the field year after year. If he can't do that, which he hasn't shown in almost half a decade then good bye.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I'd like to add something here if I may. I've seen some comments about Kroenke not caring about results, and only about money. While I really don't think that's true, there's another angle that I don't think is being explored. Kroenke, like all billionaires, has a huge ego and an obvious sense of pride for his accomplishments. Does anyone think that he'd be comfortable with a crappy product while in Owners meetings or while mingling with other owners like Jerruh? Personally, I'd feel much smaller if I was the Owner of a team that plays like crap while being a member of the big boys' club. I mean, when you're dealing with absurd amounts of money, and you're in that club, everyone wants to be the best and proudest. It's always about competition in that regard. Just something to think about.

+1.
Not to mention. This is L.A. You can either bask in the sun like Jerry Buss or lurk in the shadows like Donald Sterling. I think Stan would rather go the Buss route. He seems like an egotistical prick... so, yea.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
There are several posters in this this thread who would do well to read Selassis's instructional thread on top of the forum.

If you simply cannot get over the move, and hate all things Kroenke, then, (and this is coming from me alone), fuck off and find another team. Otherwise, try and post something intelligent.

Thanks for reading.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
There is no one on this site, or in Rams nation, that despises that bitch that owned the Rams and took them from a proud, historically relevant team to an afterthought in the NFL
(GSOT notwithstanding - what turned out to be a relatively momentary phenomenon), than me - but I never quit the team.

So I don't give a shit how you feel, I really don't. Take your butt hurt ass somewhere else, or root for LA.

Your choice.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
And this is a big reason why I'm in favor of this. Yes, I get this is a results league. But, bad coaches can't get teams out of their rut or can't lead the players. Jeff Fisher can. I have no doubt the team will come out fighting next week and the rest of the season, no matter the results.

I don't care how they win. Just win.

Hi Angry Ram,
A lot of your text above raised my eyebrows. I'm glad you "get" this is a results league. Can I ask, have you looked back at the past 4 years under Fisher, and then last week's opening game? What results do you see in the Win-Loss columns?
And you said, "Bad coaches can't get teams out of their rut or can't lead players." OMG Sir that's exactly what Fisher is ... according to your own words. Have the Rams gotten out of their rut of no winning seasons? NO. Is Fisher leading our players? NO. (Aaron Donald's ejection, Todd Gurley's ball throwing, etc. The players don't fear Fisher or are not being led by Fisher)

If watching Hard Knocks taught me anything, it's that I didn't notice Jeff Fisher doing any coaching of any kind. Any useful motivation of any kind. What plan has he laid out for the Rams and to the players? For example do you feel he has ever said anything like, "7-9 is not for us anymore, and here is specifically how I plan to change that......"
No. Fisher is more concerned with his mustache and celebrity status (and I'm not even joking) than actually doing what is needed to get a halfway decent offense on the field. He never changes anything. There's something wrong. He makes 7 million per year ... to do what?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
+1.
Not to mention. This is L.A. You can either bask in the sun like Jerry Buss or lurk in the shadows like Donald Sterling. I think Stan would rather go the Buss route. He seems like an egotistical prick... so, yea.
Stan is no Jerry Buss. Not by a long shot.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh boy. Here we go.

A lot of your text above raised my eyebrows. I'm glad you "get" this is a results league. Can I ask, have you looked back at the past 4 years under Fisher, and then last week's opening game? What results do you see in the Win-Loss columns?

Point was Jeff Fisher can get his team out to compete despite how they played Monday. They did it in previous seasons. That's all I was trying to say. Win/loss records are a whole helluva bunch of factors beyond just the HC. And that's a different topic entirely.

And you said, "Bad coaches can't get teams out of their rut or can't lead players." OMG Sir that's exactly what Fisher is ... according to your own words. Have the Rams gotten out of their rut of no winning seasons? NO. Is Fisher leading our players? NO. (Aaron Donald's ejection, Todd Gurley's ball throwing, etc. The players don't fear Fisher or are not being led by Fisher)

Again, it's game to game. I fully expect this team to play their asses off this week.

If watching Hard Knocks taught me anything, it's that I didn't notice Jeff Fisher doing any coaching of any kind. Any useful motivation of any kind. What plan has he laid out for the Rams and to the players? For example do you feel he has ever said anything like, "7-9 is not for us anymore, and here is specifically how I plan to change that......"

Hard Knocks is a fabricated reality show. IDK why you want to use that as your analysis for Jeff Fisher's coaching. You have no clue what goes on when no cameras are on.

No. Fisher is more concerned with his mustache and celebrity status (and I'm not even joking) than actually doing what is needed to get a halfway decent offense on the field. He never changes anything. There's something wrong. He makes 7 million per year ... to do what?

Now you're just making shit up here, and IMO doesn't deserve a response.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Yup, didn't Jones say "we're gonna kick your ass" to Stan or something along the lines on hard knocks for the Dallas game? I'm sure he felt good when we won and I'm sure he wasn't digging the L we took on MNF too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yup, didn't Jones say "we're gonna kick your ass" to Stan or something along the lines on hard knocks for the Dallas game? I'm sure he felt good when we won and I'm sure he wasn't digging the L we took on MNF too.
Exactly. It was also reported that he didn't look pleased when he went into the locker room after the MNF game.
I guess he was upset that he was running low on cash, if I'm to believe the opinions on this board.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Exactly. It was also reported that he didn't look pleased when he went into the locker room after the MNF game.
I guess he was upset that he was running low on cash, if I'm to believe the opinions on this board.

Yea I'm not buying the Stan only cares about money thing, I'm with you there. I hope he did go in there and kick some ass though after that shut out lol. I also find it hard to believe he's out of cash haha, that dude seems like hes got money invested everywhere.