Jay Cutler benched for.. Jimmy Clausen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I cringe at the idea, that Cutler would be our best option at qb.
I'd rather have Hoyer or Moore behind a solid oline.

A healthy Bradford is my dream. Though it may be just that.

jjab360

Legend
So we're looking at Jimmy right? I mean, Clausen & Mark Tyler were monsters in high school...Throws a mean deep ball.
Clausen has one of the weakest arms I've ever seen, Cutler in middle school could probably throw farther and had more velocity than Clausen right now, no exaggeration.

jjab360

Legend
I think some of you guys ought to prepare yourself for Cutler being a Ram. I'm not saying it's set in stone but with Bradford having the injury issues he does and Fisher being the guy he is, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams made a move for Cutler if they could get him cheap(in terms of draft pick compensation).

Keep in mind that Fisher wanted to draft Cutler instead of Vince Young when he came out.

Cutler is an average QB...but that's better than what we have now. We could win with him.

I'm not saying that I want him but I am saying that I think it's a real possibility that if the Bears put him on the block, the Rams will come calling because I think Fisher still likes the guy.

Not sure how I feel like that. Cutler is a bit of a coach killer and I hate how nonchalant he is. He's not like the calm, quiet QBs...he just comes off as detached and apathetic. But we can win with him. The contract is the only possible issue.
I'd be fine with that, but you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself. We're not the only team that could use an average QB like Cutler right about now.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cringe at the idea, that Cutler would be our best option at qb.
I'd rather have Hoyer or Moore behind a solid oline.

A healthy Bradford is my dream. Though it may be just that.

That's nuts. Hoyer is garbage. And Moore is a spot starter...a Kyle Orton.

Cutler isn't elite but he's a proven average starter. Something Hoyer and Moore are not.

I'd be fine with that, but you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself. We're not the only team that could use an average QB like Cutler right about now.

Yea but you gotta keep the contract and his personality in mind. The guy is gaining a reputation as a coach killer. Takes a confident coach to take a risk on a guy like that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's nuts. Hoyer is garbage. And Moore is a spot starter...a Kyle Orton.

Cutler isn't elite but he's a proven average starter. Something Hoyer and Moore are not.

Yea but you gotta keep the contract and his personality in mind. The guy is gaining a reputation as a coach killer. Takes a confident coach to take a risk on a guy like that.
Orton is doing more with less in Buffalo.
Hoyer didn't have much to work with all year either.
Both teams are in the playoff hunt.
Where has Cutler taken Chicago with all the talent he has at his disposal?
Putting any faith in Cutler is nuts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Orton is doing more with less in Buffalo.
Hoyer didn't have much to work with all year either.
Both teams are in the playoff hunt.
Where has Cutler taken Chicago with all the talent he has at his disposal?
Putting any faith in Cutler is nuts.

Orton isn't doing much of anything in Buffalo. The team is hoping he can manage the game well enough that they can make the playoffs with their defense.

Hoyer couldn't even do that for Cleveland.

Both teams are winning despite lackluster QB play.

Cleveland and Buffalo would be better teams with Jay Cutler. And I'm far from Cutler's biggest fan. The Bears have the 32nd ranked defense. You want to know why they aren't winning...it starts there. The offense is under-performing as well and Cutler has to take blame for that.

But the guy is still EASILY a better QB than Hoyer, Moore, and Orton. Where has Cutler taken Chicago? They won 10+ games with him at the helm in 2010 and 2012. They started 7-3 with him until he got hurt in 2011. So the Bears clearly were able to win with Cutler.

Cutler isn't a QB that is going to elevate a team. But he's also not an anchor either. He's not going to drag his team down. If you have a good team around Cutler, they'll win. If you don't, they won't.

But he offers you a lot more than those backup/spot starter caliber QBs. It's not hard to put "faith" in Cutler being what he is.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Orton isn't doing much of anything in Buffalo. The team is hoping he can manage the game well enough that they can make the playoffs with their defense.

Cleveland and Buffalo would be better teams with Jay Cutler. And I'm far from Cutler's biggest fan. The Bears have the 32nd ranked defense. You want to know why they aren't winning...it starts there. The offense is under-performing as well and Cutler has to take blame for that.

But the guy is still EASILY a better QB than Hoyer, Moore, and Orton. Where has Cutler taken Chicago? They won 10+ games with him at the helm in 2010 and 2012. They started 7-3 with him until he got hurt in 2011. So the Bears clearly were able to win with Cutler.

Cutler isn't a QB that is going to elevate a team. But he's also not an anchor either. He's not going to drag his team down. If you have a good team around Cutler, they'll win. If you don't, they won't.

But he offers you a lot more than those backup/spot starter caliber QBs. It's not hard to put "faith" in Cutler being what he is.
I'm just not on board.
I doubt Shanahan was a pushover with Cutler either.
A strong willed, confident coach isn't Cutler problem. It's Cutler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just not on board.
I doubt Shanahan was a pushover with Cutler either.
A strong willed, confident coach isn't Cutler problem. It's Cutler.

Shanahan didn't trade Cutler. He got fired and McDaniels traded him. If Shanahan had stayed in Denver, Cutler wouldn't have left. They got along well enough and Cutler played well in his system.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Shanahan didn't trade Cutler. He got fired and McDaniels traded him. If Shanahan had stayed in Denver, Cutler wouldn't have left. They got along well enough and Cutler played well in his system.
Shanahan wasn't going anywhere with Cutler.
But then again, Shanahan hasn't done much since Elway.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shanahan wasn't going anywhere with Cutler.
But then again, Shanahan hasn't done much since Elway.

Because the defense sucked. As I said before, we know what Cutler is. He's not going to elevate a team. So if you have a terrible defense, your team isn't going to go to the playoffs with Cutler.

But we don't have that issue. We have a defense. Cutler showed in Chicago that the team could win with him if the defense played well(27-13 record with Cutler as the starting QB and Marinhelli as the DC).

Is he my ideal QB? No. But he might be the best of a bad situation. I think the world of Sam but I can't trust him. I can't deal with another year of backup QBs. Sam can absolutely be a better QB than Cutler but he has to stay on the field. And he hasn't. We can't hitch our cart to that wagon again unless we have one hell of a backup. But due to Sam's contract, we can't afford one hell of a backup.

Cutler offers us a level of play similar to what Sam offered us in his 23 games under Fisher. Difference is that Sam can improve while I think Cutler is Cutler at this point.

BadCompany

Rookie
Legitimate question here; would Hoyer be a better option than Hill and Davis? I know he would cost more (or I'm assuming he would anyways) but should Bradford go down again can Hoyer be enough of a game-manager to let the defense win for us?

Cutler seems like a Hail-Mary to me. If it works, you win it all... but the odds of it working...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Cutler has Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey & Martellus Bennett and the Bears have barely scored more points than the Rams.

Here's another one of those overpaid, overrated QBs that teams grab ahold of panning for gold. The Rams would be crazy to trade for Culter AND THAT CONTRACT.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think some of you guys ought to prepare yourself for Cutler being a Ram. I'm not saying it's set in stone but with Bradford having the injury issues he does and Fisher being the guy he is, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams made a move for Cutler if they could get him cheap(in terms of draft pick compensation).

Keep in mind that Fisher wanted to draft Cutler instead of Vince Young when he came out.

Cutler is an average QB...but that's better than what we have now. We could win with him.

I'm not saying that I want him but I am saying that I think it's a real possibility that if the Bears put him on the block, the Rams will come calling because I think Fisher still likes the guy.

Not sure how I feel like that. Cutler is a bit of a coach killer and I hate how nonchalant he is. He's not like the calm, quiet QBs...he just comes off as detached and apathetic. But we can win with him. The contract is the only possible issue.

I was going to bring that up too Jrry..........Fisher did like Cutler, though I don't have any idea of what he thinks of him right now because todays Cutler is a different animal than coming out of college Cutler. Maybe Fisher and the Rams locker room could keep the lid on him, who knows. I'd rather have him than Bradford and Hill right now I will say that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That part I agree with 100%.

I don't think the Browns are letting Hoyer go anywhere based on what they saw from Johnny Sandlot.

Cutler this year on the Rams probably ends up 10-6, possibly 11-5 even.