Jay Cutler benched for.. Jimmy Clausen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
In the absence of context, everything seems so simple. ;)

Lol, ok X, I see what you did there. But to be fair, I don't think everyone has completely given up on Bradford like Bears fans have with Cutler. After all, we never really benched Bradford for sucking.

The story on Bradford is incomplete so to say. It's a bit harder to say that about Cutler.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lol, ok X, I see what you did there. But to be fair, I don't think everyone has completely given up on Bradford like Bears fans have with Cutler. After all, we never really benched Bradford for sucking.
I know, man. I'm just playin'. Somewhat. The things I said about Bradford's development, and how it adversely affected his performance, can be applied to Cutler too. Only difference being, Cutler's been bounced around and screwed with more.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I know, man. I'm just playin'. Somewhat. The things I said about Bradford's development, and how it adversely affected his performance, can be applied to Cutler too. Only difference being, Cutler's been bounced around and screwed with more.

Yeah I know man it's all good. I don't take things personally on here haha. But going off those points again, I don't understand the logic in replacing one heart breaker with another either haha. Let's just move on and focus energy on a new project rather than kicking around dirt trying to make something work. Just my two cents.

Athos

Legend
Who else could we go with who is better?!?" they all said. Now its the exact opposite, "I'm done with him" "I've given up." I don't know about you, but I don't want to deal with that personally, and it's just one of those things that's too easy for me to see coming.

These ARE Bears fans we're talking about. :sneaky:

Half of them are probably Pedo Bear Fans too. AKA Small Bears. AKA Scrub Tubs. AKA Chicago Cubs. :ROFLMAO:

Misery is literally, their best friend.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah I know man it's all good. I don't take things personally on here haha. But going off those points again, I don't understand the logic in replacing one heart breaker with another either haha. Let's just move on and focus energy on a new project rather than kicking around dirt trying to make something work. Just my two cents.
Whoa. Hold on there, cowboy.

I didn't say anything about replacing Bradford. I said, while it would be incredibly difficult to get both Cutler and Bradford under contract, that it's Demoff's problem. I'm not advocating a scenario where we only have one good QB and zilch behind him again. I'm playing out a fantasy where Cutler and Bradford battle it out for the starting gig, and we have an option on the bench that can be as good or better.

INCREDIBLY difficult to achieve, I know. But no worse an option than moving Auburn into the EJD and running that offense next year. lulz.

... he said to @Memphis Ram in tiny font.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that sure has worked great....? He's been out for more than half the season! Last year he wasn't anything special, had a good defense, and the Cards still missed the playoffs.

Yes, it has. The Cardinals are 16-6 with Palmer in the past two years as a starter. They're winning with the guy because he's a good enough QB for them.

If your argument against Cutler is that he might get injured like Palmer...then who should we play at QB? Because Bradford ain't going to cut it either with that sort of logic.

We need, at the very least, a game manager that can stay level headed and make a few plays here and there. Cutler isn't that.

No, we don't. We need an average or better QB. Maybe a slightly below average or better QB. Doesn't matter how they do it. We just need a guy good enough to make enough plays on offense that we can win with our defense. Doesn't have to be a game manager. Doesn't have to be a gunslinger. Just has to be an adequate starting QB.

They didn't really win much, he has about a .500 winning record and won what, one playoff game?

Except they did win a lot when they had a good to great defense. They had a winning percentage of 67.5% with Cutler at QB and Marinhelli at DC(which is when their D was good to great under Lovie).

To put it simply in my own opinion, if Cutler is only the average QB we all say he is, how is he going to solve any problem? He might be average but if he couldn't do anything with the Bears who were a better overall team (in the past) in that weak division for so many years, why would he be any better here? I simply don't get it.

How is he going to solve the problem? Look at our QBs over the past 25 games. Do you see the options we have now? An average starting QB solves a big problem for us.

I will repeat again, the Bears had a 67.5% winning percentage with Cutler at QB and Marinhelli at DC over 3 seasons. You give Cutler a defense and he can play well enough for your team to win. We have a defense and we need a QB.

Once you get to the playoffs, all bets are off.

I'm not saying the Rams O-Line is bad, I actually think they're pretty good. I'm saying the Bears is probably about the same, if not slightly better. The fact that we've given up 7 fewer sacks speaks to the fact that Cutler is bad at avoiding pressure. But the bottom line is that the Rams O-Line still needs work.

The Bears OL is not slightly better. They're a pretty bad unit. Cutler is average at avoiding pressure.

I don't think you've followed the Bears the last 6 years. If you had you would understand man. Last offseason all the die hard bears fans I knew swore that the Cutler signing was good/great or adequate, "There's no better option!" "Who else could we go with who is better?!?" they all said. Now its the exact opposite, "I'm done with him" "I've given up." I don't know about you, but I don't want to deal with that personally, and it's just one of those things that's too easy for me to see coming.

Cutler has been in the league for long enough to establish himself. He's done so, and he's known as being a heart breaker.

I did follow the Bears because Lovie and Martz were there. And now I follow them because Alshon Jeffery is there. I know all about Cutler. I called it a bad deal when they signed it. But that's irrelevant.

They're done with him because they're fans and they're losing. Plus, they realize they need to start over. The Bears are in the opposite place that we are in. They have an aging team that needs to rebuild. We have a young, ascending team that needs a starting caliber QB.

Last edited: