Jay Cutler benched for.. Jimmy Clausen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Want nothing to do with Cutler. We need a QB who's not a turnover machine and can manage the game well. Maybe make a few plays when neesed, but can't turn the ball over giving away games. Cutler hasn't shown he can do that, there's a good reason he's being benched for JIMMY CLAUSEN.
It has nothing to do with Clausen. Cutler would be getting benched right now regardless of the backup.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Cutler. A million dollar arm attached to a fifty cent head. NO THANKS!

I'd start the real Johnny Football before him. That is when he wasn't punting for us.;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It has nothing to do with Clausen. Cutler would be getting benched right now regardless of the backup.

On most teams, if Clausen was the back up they'd never bench their QB no matter how bad he's struggling. Austin Davis on his worst day beats Clausen. So the fact that Cutler is being benched in favor of Clausen really shows you how poorly Cutler is playing.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Cutler. A million dollar arm attached to a fifty cent head. NO THANKS!

I'd start the real Johnny Football before him. That is when he wasn't punting for us.;)
Cutler isn't without his issues but I wouldn't go that far. I don't think he's stupid, just a prima donna. Who knows? Maybe a big slice of humble pie will make him amend his ways. Even Warner had to hit rock bottom before he made some changes in how he did things.

moklerman

Warner-phile
On most teams, if Clausen was the back up they'd never bench their QB no matter how bad he's struggling. Austin Davis on his worst day beats Clausen. So the fact that Cutler is being benched in favor of Clausen really shows you how poorly Cutler is playing.
I agree. That's why I say it's about Cutler and has nothing to do with Clausen. But I also think it has more to do with non-football stuff than his actual play on the field. This is about personalities and statements.

If Cutler was just playing poorly, they'd let him work his way through it. Trestman is taking the Shannahan route and sending a message about his QB. Not really sure what the Bears are going to do. The rumors are that they're going to can Trestman but how can they stick with Cutler? Seems pretty obvious there are burnt bridges there with more than just the coaching staff. I don't think those guys will play for him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I remember just about last week people were clamoring for him here. I wonder if they still feel the same? God can you imagine the PD with Cutler? They'd be begging for Bradford back.

Pro Bowl talent with a dime store head. Here's a real headcase, a guy with the tools to be so much more but completely happy with mediocrity.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Whoa! Didn't expect to see that comparison. Cutler and George are loaded with talent that doesn't get used properly. Grossman's just...Grossman.

I think George and Cutler are more to blame for their troubles than not being used correctly...They both operate (or operated) in the vacuum that exists atop their shoulders...Both are blessed with upper echelon arms, but neither ever made anything out of that...Cutler showed just enough (at least in the eyes of the Bears hierarchy) to become an insanely wealthy guy...Of course, like not believing that Vick should have asked for more punishment, I also don't believe Cutler should have turned down any of the money in the ridiculous contract the Bears' idiots threw at him...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Martz found out that Cutler is uncoachable and Trestman is finding out the same thing. Just like with Vick, they think that they can get by on their physical talent alone. Vick admitted that he just threw away the materials that the coaches wanted him to study.
No wonder he never improved as a passer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I doubt they'd cut him too, but they might try to trade him. I think the disatisfaction between him and the Organization is irreparable right now.
Or they could be just one Jimmy Clausen game away from reparations.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So we're looking at Jimmy right? I mean, Clausen & Mark Tyler were monsters in high school...Throws a mean deep ball.

LOL.. Yeah, so did I when I was 19 -20...Pisses me off that it takes so much more than a good arm...Oh, what could have been, he opined...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
LOL.. Yeah, so did I when I was 19 -20...Pisses me off that it takes so much more than a good arm...Oh, what could have been, he opined...
married-with-children_o_2137931.jpg

Irish

Starter
My 2010 Draft was Suh-Clausen

I believed in him then, and he made me look pretty dumb. Call me naive, but I still think he could be a decent NFL QB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think some of you guys ought to prepare yourself for Cutler being a Ram. I'm not saying it's set in stone but with Bradford having the injury issues he does and Fisher being the guy he is, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams made a move for Cutler if they could get him cheap(in terms of draft pick compensation).

Keep in mind that Fisher wanted to draft Cutler instead of Vince Young when he came out.

Cutler is an average QB...but that's better than what we have now. We could win with him.

I'm not saying that I want him but I am saying that I think it's a real possibility that if the Bears put him on the block, the Rams will come calling because I think Fisher still likes the guy.

Not sure how I feel like that. Cutler is a bit of a coach killer and I hate how nonchalant he is. He's not like the calm, quiet QBs...he just comes off as detached and apathetic. But we can win with him. The contract is the only possible issue.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

We HAVE to go after him after him.

NOOOOOO for the love of God. Do you not understand Cutler?

Bears fans have had him for a long time and I still don't know any of them who are sold on cutler. He's a joke around the league for a reason. Shaun hill might not be good but at least he doesn't throw turnovers like crazy. I couldnt stand to watch cutler as a ram. He forces balls into multiple coverage time after time without learning his lesson. Even trestman was supposed to be the QB guru and he couldn't fix cutler.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's going to be our Kerry Collins if we pick him up. God I hope Bradford stays healthy throughout 2015 if we pick up Cutler.

CodeMonkey

I think some of you guys ought to prepare yourself for Cutler being a Ram. I'm not saying it's set in stone but with Bradford having the injury issues he does and Fisher being the guy he is, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams made a move for Cutler if they could get him cheap(in terms of draft pick compensation).

Keep in mind that Fisher wanted to draft Cutler instead of Vince Young when he came out.

Cutler is an average QB...but that's better than what we have now. We could win with him.

I'm not saying that I want him but I am saying that I think it's a real possibility that if the Bears put him on the block, the Rams will come calling because I think Fisher still likes the guy.

Not sure how I feel like that. Cutler is a bit of a coach killer and I hate how nonchalant he is. He's not like the calm, quiet QBs...he just comes off as detached and apathetic. But we can win with him. The contract is the only possible issue.
I hope not. Those who want coaching changes should be on board though. I agree with Faulk...He's a coach killer.

CodeMonkey

He's going to be our Kerry Collins if we pick him up. God I hope Bradford stays healthy throughout 2015 if we pick up Cutler.
How can we afford both Bradford and Cutler though? I just don't see how the money can make sense. You'd have to pick and between the choices I'm pretty sure which way Fish will gamble.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Both Jrry and CodeMonkey are likely right.

I think Fisher may view Cutler as an option more viable than WE may... and I think Fisher's asking to be fired if he brings him on... cuz Faulk's right...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can we afford both Bradford and Cutler though? I just don't see how the money can make sense. You'd have to pick and between the choices I'm pretty sure which way Fish will gamble.

We can't. It's one or the other imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both Jrry and CodeMonkey are likely right.

I think Fisher may view Cutler as an option more viable than WE may... and I think Fisher's asking to be fired if he brings him on... cuz Faulk's right...

He may also realize that Cutler is the safest ticket he has to the playoffs. With Sam's injuries and rookies needing time to develop, seems to me that it's a safe move for him. Cutler is inconsistent but he is a starting caliber QB. Best QB Fisher will have had since McNair and more than capable of helping this team get to the playoffs if the defense is a top 10 unit.

I don't love Cutler but it's not a bad move if you want to win now and don't trust Sam.

Especially considering he wouldn't be asked to carry the team. And you never know, maybe Fisher finds a way to get through to the guy.(I doubt it)