Jared Cook?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, jrry it is revisionist history, it did not happen, it was someone's pipe dream after they we made because he didn't do something they thought he should, it was nothing more than a a rant. Now he is gone to a team that has more weapons, they are paying him less (why couldn't the Rams get that deal?) and he will be in a better position to succeed. Hopefully they will replace him with someone who can at least replace his production, they are already limited and losing anyone on this offense is a problem.

But I get it, you want to be vindicated this too shall pass.

No one is asserting it happened. So what is being "revised?" A trade offer was on the table. The majority of the fans said take it. The Rams didn't. They made a mistake. That's the entire discussion. There's no revising here. Just reporting the facts.

I don't need to be "vindicated." That already happened when Cook was released. You're the one putting up a huge fight over the Rams making the wrong choice.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't know. If they expand Kendricks' role a little, he could easily match what Cook was doing.

5fIpqr8.jpg

Nzx0LWr.jpg
-- Jared Cook (best season)
ptrCBjx.jpg
-- Lance Kendricks (best season)
Posted this before but its fits in here good....Fisher & our OC could be planning on expanding both Lance Kendricks & Cory Harkey's role.

Lance & Cory could both be used on the LOS much more than last season. I have a strong impression that both these TE's can increase their work loads considerably. Who here does not have a very good impression of Cory's NFL on field play thus far ?

Rams have had another blocking TE Justice Cunningham here for the last two seasons who can get much more action @ the move or H-back/FB role. Justice is well known for his crunching run blocks. Then there is FB Zack Laskey too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who here does not have a very good impression of Cory's NFL on field play thus far ?
He's great running iso for Gurley & company, but he scares the shit out of me as a receiver. lol.
Always looks like he falls so hard that he breaks something after every reception.

Ram Man

Rookie
I don't know. If they expand Kendricks' role a little, he could easily match what Cook was doing.

5fIpqr8.jpg

Nzx0LWr.jpg
ptrCBjx.jpg

I think it's a stretch to say that. Kendricks' looks to be the default starter this year. He'll likely step into Cook's role. However, he was behind Cooks on the depth chart for a reason last year. Not as good a player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
However, he was behind Cooks on the depth chart for a reason last year. Not as good a player.
That's actually not true. There was no depth chart. Cook was the hybrid TE/WR, Kendricks was the move TE, and Harkey was the FB. Sometimes all 3 were on the field at the same time. They just had different roles and all 3 could (almost) do each others' jobs. They would be completely interchangeable if Cook could actually block, but Kendricks did everything Cook did in ACE sets and was just as capable a receiver as Cook was. He just didn't get as many targets.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah. He was supposed to be, essentially, a slot receiver. Tight ends don't typically line up at split end either, which he did. I'm not saying he isn't a better target, because he is. He's taller, faster, and has a bigger catch radius. But even after all that, he still didn't really eclipse Kendricks' best season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I wasn't putting them on the same level.
What I said was, " If they expand Kendricks' role a little, he could easily match what Cook was doing."
While debatable, is there any doubt that by increasing his targets, he wouldn't at least match Cook's best season?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

5fIpqr8.jpg

Nzx0LWr.jpg
ptrCBjx.jpg

I agree with you my man but my only concern with Kendricks is he tends to drop a lot of balls as well.
If we don't add another TE he has to fill the void though for sure. Wasn't he the all time leading receiver at Wisconsin?
He should be doing more with us, really. Or should I say we should get him more involved.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree with you my man but my only concern with Kendricks is he tends to drop a lot of balls as well.
If we don't add another TE he has to fill the void though for sure. Wasn't he the all time leading receiver at Wisconsin?
He should be doing more with us, really. Or should I say we should get him more involved.
Yes, we should get a pure pass-catching TE with a shit ton more agility and speed.
IMO, Kendricks bulked up too much while here. Probably because they wanted him to be more of a blocker.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
IMO, Kendricks bulked up too much while here. Probably because they wanted him to be more of a blocker.

Totally agree. The tell on how they want to use him will be his weight. Less weight Cook's role, same weight a two way TE. Better in Cook's role.

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Yes, we should get a pure pass-catching TE with a crap ton more agility and speed.
What do you think of Henry in the 2nd ? I think he's regarded as top 2 TE in the draft.

Ram Man

Rookie
What do you think of Henry in the 2nd ? I think he's regarded as top 2 TE in the draft.

Henry is the consensus best of a poor TE crop this year. Lacks high end speed and athleticism but can develop to be a starting TE in the league. The bad part is that he may be gone by the time the Rams pick since there are so few other decent TE prospects in the draft. This is more likely to be the case if the Rams trade up to take a QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jared Cook went to Green Bay to play with a great quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 29, 2016, 6:04 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... arterback/

With the Rams last season, Jared Cook was catching passes from Nick Foles and Case Keenum. On the Packers this season, Cook will catch passes from Aaron Rodgers. As you’d expect, Cook thinks that’s an upgrade.

Cook said today that he’s already talked to Rodgers and the two of them are excited about working together, and that the presence of Rodgers is a major reason he went to Green Bay.

“I think I was more excited than he was, just to be able to play with somebody that’s so great at what he does, and somebody that’s proven,” Cook said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “It was more than the top priority I was looking for. It was imperative that I find a person that’s known for getting the job done, and is good at what they do. I think that he’s probably one of the best in the league at doing it, clearly.”

Cook was careful not to insult Foles or Keenum as he discussed how frustrating last season was.

“Last year was a rough year, man. It was just the luck of the draw. It wasn’t anybody’s fault. It’s just things didn’t pan out the way the organization had planned,” Cook said.

This season, Cook feels confident that things will go as planned. That’s easier when you have a great quarterback.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it seems all the older rams FA players all wanted to play with a team that had elite qbs on the team. who could blame them. sam never made it above average and when he was ready to step up he didn't see the field again as a ram. then clemens, hill, davis, foles and case. :puke:

cook had it even worse. locker and whoever else the titans trotted out behind centre. but then the qbs could say the same thing about cook.