Jared Cook?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so this is it for cook. no more excuses for him if he bumbles his way around the field. he's a bit player now with the best qb in the league. there is no burden on him to be the guy to carry the offense. finley was every bit the athlete cook is and he could never be that reliable target for arod. will arod be just as exasperated when he throws the ball cook's way?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

so this is it for cook. no more excuses for him if he bumbles his way around the field. he's a bit player now with the best qb in the league. there is no burden on him to be the guy to carry the offense. finley was every bit the athlete cook is and he could never be that reliable target for arod. will arod be just as exasperated when he throws the ball cook's way?

Finley was special in the making yet did concussions finally seal his NFL fait? Who knows Rodgers, the TE, showed some promise. Especially on the Hail Mary vs Lions

Sectional diamond Costco couch - GM verdict, Cook is sub-par for Packers.

Debacled

Starter
Cook came here with the expectation to round out into what his athleticism should have allowed him to excel at. The same knock that plagued him when he was drafted, that followed him throughout his time in Tennessee, and persisted with the Rams was that he was all bark and no bite. Big potential no production.

Didn't like his attitude on the field when the ball wasn't coming his way either, had a bad tendency to break off routes short if he knew he wasn't the primary target. Was NEVER a guy you could rely on to still be putting work in on a broken play. Funny thing about him, last season he actually improved....drastically...over the past few seasons on the team. That said teams don't pay athletic receiver type TEs for their blocking prowess.

Now I keep hearing people say Kendricks bulked up too much, he is currently listed 9 lbs heavier than he was as a senior with the Badgers. I think two healthy hands and a serviceable QB will be much better for him than trying to slim down a little bit.

Could they use a big nasty athletic TE? Of course they could but what team couldn't? I just don't see any guys in this draft class that will be able to slot right in and be that kinda guy. There really aren't any outstanding athletes nor are there any guys that excel in the passing game. Jake Butt out of Michigan next year would be intriguing though

I hear Kellen Winslow is trying to make a comeback. Would be worth a blind shot in the dark IMO see if a couple years off did his knees good. The offense could use a little seasoning

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jared Cook went to Green Bay to play with a great quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 29, 2016, 6:04 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... arterback/

With the Rams last season, Jared Cook was catching passes from Nick Foles and Case Keenum. On the Packers this season, Cook will catch passes from Aaron Rodgers. As you’d expect, Cook thinks that’s an upgrade.

Cook said today that he’s already talked to Rodgers and the two of them are excited about working together, and that the presence of Rodgers is a major reason he went to Green Bay.

“I think I was more excited than he was, just to be able to play with somebody that’s so great at what he does, and somebody that’s proven,” Cook said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “It was more than the top priority I was looking for. It was imperative that I find a person that’s known for getting the job done, and is good at what they do. I think that he’s probably one of the best in the league at doing it, clearly.”

Cook was careful not to insult Foles or Keenum as he discussed how frustrating last season was.

“Last year was a rough year, man. It was just the luck of the draw. It wasn’t anybody’s fault. It’s just things didn’t pan out the way the organization had planned,” Cook said.

This season, Cook feels confident that things will go as planned. That’s easier when you have a great quarterback.

So, it was the Rams QBs fault that he dropped all of those easy passes huh? Cook is delusional. Never liked watching him sulk on the bench when the Rams were losing.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Posted this before but its fits in here good....Fisher & our OC could be planning on expanding both Lance Kendricks & Cory Harkey's role.

Lance & Cory could both be used on the LOS much more than last season. I have a strong impression that both these TE's can increase their work loads considerably. Who here does not have a very good impression of Cory's NFL on field play thus far ?

Rams have had another blocking TE Justice Cunningham here for the last two seasons who can get much more action @ the move or H-back/FB role. Justice is well known for his crunching run blocks. Then there is FB Zack Laskey too.
Agree with your takes on Kendricks and Harkey's expanding roles. Honestly with Kendricks' contract it's well overdue to actually use him. We saw what happened when he was utilized against Seattle. Of course injuries played a part to why he disappeared, seems Harkey also has the injury bug, perhaps that's been the underrated reason their contributions have been limited. But that cuts both ways, it's also perhaps a reason to be wary that either can handle a greater load without breaking down.

I have to disagree with your Justice Cunningham comments. I've cried many times about our lack of a "crunching blocker" TE, so I've specifically watched him during his stay with the Rams wanting him to be that guy, but he's just not. He's not bad, but he's at most just an effective screen blocker, not anything "crunching" about him. I love the idea of Laskey and a true FB, but it still doesn't solve that the Rams are lacking an inline TE that can dominate the edge.

Psycho_X

Legend
A friend of mine who is a huge Packers fan just texted me asking how Jared Cook is and if he should be as excited as all his Green Bay friends are about it. I just texted him the following stuff....

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap3000000398077/Jared-Cook-wide-open-TD-drop

rams-gif.gif

811343216.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A friend of mine who is a huge Packers fan just texted me asking how Jared Cook is and if he should be as excited as all his Green Bay friends are about it. I just texted him the following stuff....

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap3000000398077/Jared-Cook-wide-open-TD-drop

rams-gif.gif

811343216.gif
Hayes hand grasp had some power to it! Cook mouthing off to Hayes? & then Rob Quinn has some words of wisdom to add. you have to love just about everything Hayes brings to this team. So happy the Jared cook era is done.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

After looking at that gif i have worked out what is cook's main problem. He walks without moving his arms.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
First time I saw that. Glad he's gone. I bet he drops a few and cost GB a game.