Jared Cook?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Whats going on here? I tried to find him in the FA tracker to see if he had any interest, wasn't on the list. Searched the NFL directory, no profile. What's going on here? Did he retire?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And no news on Chris Long or James Lauranitis? I guess these guys are looking at serious pay cuts this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whats going on here? I tried to find him in the FA tracker to see if he had any interest, wasn't on the list. Searched the NFL directory, no profile. What's going on here? Did he retire?

Much like his hands on 3rd downs he's gone missing.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Long also mentioned on his twitters about taking his time and finding the right fit...or something to that effect.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Maybe...
...just maybe, The Rams know what they're...

Never mind. Lost it for a sec ...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The lack of interest in Cook is pretty telling.

Having said that, I liked him more than most, and thought he was passable-yet-overpaid before this past season when he lost all of his confidence. He started to come back around at the end of last season, too. I am considering last season just a down year for him. And he is always a matchup threat.

On paper, we could still use him, and I'd bring him back at a heavy pay cut. But the coaching staff insisted on giving him way more targets than he ever warranted. And for that reason, I never want him back in horns. The last thing I want to see is every other pass play going to Jared Cook, when we rarely pass the ball as it is, and he is hardly an elite weapon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I heard he tried to catch a plane the other day for a visit but dropped the ticket...

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard that he was running to his car to visit another team but someone behind him poked the keys out of his hands.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
All three could return to the Rams. How much money would they be offered? All three should be low cost free agents.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And no news on Chris Long or James Lauranitis? I guess these guys are looking at serious pay cuts this year.
I heard on NFLN that both the Patriots and Cowboys are interested in Chris Long. I'd hate to see him wearing either one of those teams Jersey's!
He's the only one of the I've heard anything about recently!

TexasRam

Legend
Cook's calling is Hollywood.

He looks exactly like a big play TE who could catch a football and score TD's.

The resemblance is so similar that he's even fooled coaches and exec's
At the NFL level!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Not unexpected given his skills/strengths.

Packers Bringing In Former Rams TE Jared Cook For A Visit
2 mins ago Packers 0 Comments

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Packers are bringing in former Rams TE Jared Cook for a visit.

It’s news any time the Packers even take a look at free agency, given that they so rarely sign a free agent. However, Cooks fits an obvious need in their offense and since he was a roster cut, he wouldn’t factor into their 2017 compensatory picks.

Cook, 28, was a big-ticket free agent signing back in 2013. He was entering the fourth year of his five-year, $35.11 million contract that included $19 million guaranteed when he was released by the Rams along with B James Laurinaitis and DE Chris Long over a few month ago.

In 2015, Cook appeared in all 16 games for the Rams and recorded 39 receptions for 481 yards receiving and no touchdowns. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. receiver out of qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Best Available Free Agents list.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One last chance to use this...

ezgif.com-add-text%201_zpsijycfnze.gif