Janoris Jenkins has a lot of mouths to feed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As the OP of this thread I take umbrage, sir.

200.gif
giphy.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know you are.
But the question .. the eternal query ... the paradox of our age is ...
What am I?

Too deep and philosophical right before signing off for the night. :sleepz: Btw no tongue. :burp:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Yeah, but we're not just talking about a little money. His kids are set for life. Huge difference.

His kids are not "set for life" even if he makes A Billion a year. He's got 5 kids in four homes! I don't need sensitivity training to know that's f-ed up.

The kids who's dad makes 40k a year and he comes home for dinner and helps them with their homework and tells them to pull his finger sometimes to make them laugh, and takes them to church on Sunday and runs over to Home Depot with them, and hugs their mom on purpose right in front of them, and drinks a beer while barbecuing burgers while they run around the yard. He's the available dad.

And maybe their car breaks down every once in a while, and the parents fight over money. But they have love and security. And their parents teach them that God loves them and they have a purpose in life. And the available dad may not have impressive gold chains and may not have a Twitter account to brag in barely legible English about all his conquests.

But he teaches his sons to respect women and that his integrity and his word are important.

He teaches his daughters that they are precious and worth more than gold, and to hold a standard of respect for their bodies. To have discernment when gold toothed Jack-wads approach them.

These kids are set for life. Janoris Jr. Is starting his poor life out with one strike against him. He's gonna look around when he has a parent teacher conference, but his daddy probably won't be there. Only his money.

Janoris will be off biting on a pump fake somewhere in New York.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
His kids are not "set for life" even if he makes A Billion a year. He's got 5 kids in four homes! I don't need sensitivity training to know that's f-ed up.

The kids who's dad makes 40k a year and he comes home for dinner and helps them with their homework and tells them to pull his finger sometimes to make them laugh, and takes them to church on Sunday and runs over to Home Depot with them, and hugs their mom on purpose right in front of them, and drinks a beer while barbecuing burgers while they run around the yard. He's the available dad.

And maybe their car breaks down every once in a while, and the parents fight over money. But they have love and security. And their parents teach them that God loves them and they have a purpose in life. And the available dad may not have impressive gold chains and may not have a Twitter account to brag in barely legible English about all his conquests.

But he teaches his sons to respect women and that his integrity and his word are important.

He teaches his daughters that they are precious and worth more than gold, and to hold a standard of respect for their bodies. To have discernment when gold toothed Jack-wads approach them.

These kids are set for life. Janoris Jr. Is starting his poor life out with one strike against him. He's gonna look around when he has a parent teacher conference, but his daddy probably won't be there. Only his money.

Janoris will be off biting on a pump fake somewhere in New York.

Perception isn't reality; your take on how a family is supposed to be and how a dad is supposed to be is influenced by how you were brought up-- everyone experiences different paths growing up in life, and that shapes who they are as adults.

I mean, if a man does all of the above, minus the "teach them that God loves them" part because they're not a religious family, in your eyes, that dad isn't as good? Doesn't make sense in the real world.

I would assume the majority of kids with two parents working full time jobs don't receive the same amount of attention outlined in your post, either. Or how about the boy who's parents died when he was a young age, so he's then transferred to his grandparents-- one of which passes away shortly after? Or how about the single mom? She can't do as good as your ideal situation, so should she just give up? It's asinine.

Your ideal family with the picket fence, double story house and dog in the back yard isn't the only path in life, therefore it isn't the only "right" one; Jenkins, according to some, made a mistake early in his life, but at least now he has the means to support the life that he helped create.

You can judge Jenkins based on your own experiences, or you can look at his situation objectively and consider that maybe his kids have an important resource that many kids in their situation simply don't, and because of that resource, they'll simply have more doors opened for them as they grow up. Which means they're set for life (in my opinion-- since people seem to forget how to distinguish opinion from fact).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know much but I'd say the only way to know how well the man provided for his kids is to look back at this in 20 years.
For me, I've got 2 daughters and not a day doesn't go by that I don't question if I've spent enough time with them, or will I be able to give them everything I want to. Not for me to judge this man, I'll just worry about keeping my house in order.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Perception isn't reality; your take on how a family is supposed to be and how a dad is supposed to be is influenced by how you were brought up-- everyone experiences different paths growing up in life, and that shapes who they are as adults.

I mean, if a man does all of the above, minus the "teach them that God loves them" part because they're not a religious family, in your eyes, that dad isn't as good? Doesn't make sense in the real world.

I would assume the majority of kids with two parents working full time jobs don't receive the same amount of attention outlined in your post, either. Or how about the boy who's parents died when he was a young age, so he's then transferred to his grandparents-- one of which passes away shortly after? Or how about the single mom? She can't do as good as your ideal situation, so should she just give up? It's asinine.

Your ideal family with the picket fence, double story house and dog in the back yard isn't the only path in life, therefore it isn't the only "right" one; Jenkins, according to some, made a mistake early in his life, but at least now he has the means to support the life that he helped create.

You can judge Jenkins based on your own experiences, or you can look at his situation objectively and consider that maybe his kids have an important resource that many kids in their situation simply don't, and because of that resource, they'll simply have more doors opened for them as they grow up. Which means they're set for life (in my opinion-- since people seem to forget how to distinguish opinion from fact).

Wolfe,

Great response. Thanks for your perspective.

My post was just to outline what a father should be, in terms of being there for his kids. It is not necessarily what I enjoyed, though. As you don't know my story either.

Your examples of the single mom, parents who die, divorced parents. Those things happen all over. You make the best and move forward.

But don't miss my point. His situation is a selfish choice and none of those kids will get any consistent fathering from him. That is what is asinine.

i didn't present the ideal. I presented the real. Notice I note struggle and mistakes and real life.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I don't know much but I'd say the only way to know how well the man provided for his kids is to look back at this in 20 years.
For me, I've got 2 daughters and not a day doesn't go by that I don't question if I've spent enough time with them, or will I be able to give them everything I want to. Not for me to judge this man, I'll just worry about keeping my house in order.

So true. I divorced when my son was seven, and still feel guilt for what I put him through. Working too much. Missing little league games.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So true. I divorced when my son was seven, and still feel guilt fo what I put him through. Working too much. Missing little league games.
We do the best we can brother. In the end it kind of reminds me of a quote I've always enjoyed, "When you think you're great, you tell the world. When the world thinks you're great, they tell you"

fearsomefour

Legend
So true. I divorced when my son was seven, and still feel guilt for what I put him through. Working too much. Missing little league games.
Everything in life is a trade.
We went through a rough patch for several years after our business closed....such is life. I took on a second job/shift/title at work. So, at work from 2 am to 6 am, back home, get the boys ready for school ect., sleep for a couple of hours then back to work from 10 am to 7:15 PM, back home, get to bed about 9 or 10 and do it again, six days a week. I took that shift so I could still see them in the morning and in the evening....was I always really there or in a great mood? No.
We do the best can brother.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
His situation is a selfish choice and none of those kids will get any consistent fathering from him. That is what is asinine.

That may or may not be the case; while it seems easy to infer that from the article, we don't have any insight into his relationship with his children. Everything is pure conjecture.

I mean using your logic, one could argue it's selfish for any professional athlete-- especially baseball players and race car drivers-- to have kids, seeing as how the majority of their time is spent traveling or training. But why stop there? Should truck drivers not have kids, either?

I just disagree with the general consensus in this thread. I do believe that the large amount of money these kids are set up with will not only allow their mothers and immediate family to give them more attention in general (no worry about being able to pay bills, buy food and clothing, etc-- less stress in general), but will also open them doors that just love or fatherly direction might not, such as access to better schooling. Money can most definitely provide stability.

I think we can agree that it comes down to balance.

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Everything in life is a trade.
We went through a rough patch for several years after our business closed....such is life. I took on a second job/shift/title at work. So, at work from 2 am to 6 am, back home, get the boys ready for school ect., sleep for a couple of hours then back to work from 10 am to 7:15 PM, back home, get to bed about 9 or 10 and do it again, six days a week. I took that shift so I could still see them in the morning and in the evening....was I always really there or in a great mood? No.
We do the best can brother.

Wow, that didn't give you much time for your other three families. Or Twitter.

All kidding aside. Thanks for sharing your story. Very inspirational. May you be blessed for being an available dad, and sacrificial man. None of us are perfect. We just press on.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I mean using your logic, one could argue it's selfish for any professional athlete-- especially baseball players and race car drivers-- to have kids, seeing as how the majority of their time is spent traveling or training. But why stop there? Should truck drivers not have kids, either?

Yes. Why stop there, indeed, Wolfe. Let's gather them all up and lash them. :mrburnsevil:

Where do you get that leap, from what I said? I think we are closer to agreement than you realize. But don't go projecting my words like that.

My only point with Janoris is: Although he may be providing financially for those kids. We shouldn't contort ourselves into believing it's a cool thing for those kids. Or a cool thing for this to become the "new normal". We are living with this new normal in a close family member. Not cool. Not good for the kids. We make due with our family member, and rally to fill in the gaps.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Where do you get that leap, from what I said?

His situation is a selfish choice and none of those kids will get any consistent fathering from him.

First off, I appreciate this discussion because it's clear that you're willing to look at things objectively. So kudos to you.

Just as you inferred from the article (which is a great example of lazy journalism imo), I inferred from your comments and subsequent posts that spending time with kids is crucial and an integral part of your capacity to father them. No? If that's the case, then every professional athlete and those who work jobs away from their families are in a similar situation.

Absentee (whether physical or emotional) parents are a part of life, too. Much more nowadays with the majority of families having both parents working full time. Heck, I was raised by a military man who was physically never there. So whether or not we want that to become the norm, it kind of has as a product of today's society. As you said, that's "presenting the real." From my experience, single-parent situations normally have a greater impact on a child's life because those families aren't as well off financially-- the stress of being a single parent can mostly be alleviated if financial struggles aren't a part of the equation. And whether or not we agree with what Janoris has done, he's worked his ass off to make it in the NFL, and can now provide an extravagant life to his women and kids.

I don't think it's feasible to judge Janoris' ability to be a father to his kids based on mistakes he might've made in the past.

I fully understand that love from and interaction with parents is invaluable to some, and I agree that it's probably not a wise decision to knock up multiple women (for different reasons). I just disagree with the roasting of Janoris in this thread; people are applying their situation to his, and the world just doesn't work that way.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Sick of all the people with low morals thinking its OK to have multiple kids with different women. Its not OK folks. See, just being a human being with the ability to reproduce is a huge responsibility. People like JJ who almost for sure did not have a father in his house on a daily basis, coming home from work every day and being there for his ONLY family go out there and spread his "seed" then just support them with money and seeing them when he can and has the NERVE to say he is a great dad..... Its actually one of the biggest problems in the country. Lack of morals like JJ is what fills out prisons with kids whos parents did not do them right.
If you are going to have sex with a woman one needs to understand that if she becomes pregnant and has the baby its no longer about YOU, its about the little one. Kids in those wonderful years 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 10.... your mom and dad are everything to you. It starts at home. The punk teenagers growing up in ghettos, seeing and committing grave violence like its nothing hurts people, ruins lives, destroys families, fills our prisons and takes our society down hill.
They grow up man whores. Scum bags. And how many times have we seen it (I am 51, so a lot, sadly) Slutty woman meets a slutty guy at a bar, knocks her up, they try and make a go of it. Live together or get married. Then get in a fight, one or both goes out and gets some "strange" because its no big deal to them, they have low morals. And break up. God forbid they had a girl. Stuts are sluts, they do what they do, get anther man. Said man is now living with a mother and daughter who the latter is not biologically his own. Those innocent young females get molested, raped at a alarming rate. We have all known of situations like these. I had close female friends in high school that had this happen. Al lot of them end up having loose morals and the cycle starts over. These young girls think, no one protected me, no one was there for me. Did not have a role model and they end up the same way as their mom, slutty. Young girls need protected and people around them letting them know how valuable they are so they have a very high opinion of themselves.
I told young women in the family how men really are and what they are after. They need to know its the girls who have all the power, not the guy. Guys chase the cooter and you dont have to let them catch you. Dont want to hear about a bad guy in your life. If you dont want that, dont spread your legs. They have 100% of the power. They really do and need to know it. Make the guy "try" for it. prove himself, be a better man. If he can not do that then he is not worth your time.
Its terrible today. Young men and women with no guidance, no role models and full of hormones. Kids have kids and their kids suffer.
Tell young people in your life that life really is about choices, morals and values.
Would any of you want your daughter to "hang out" with JJ ?

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
That may or may not be the case; while it seems easy to infer that from the article, we don't have any insight into his relationship with his children. Everything is pure conjecture.

I just disagree with the general consensus in this thread. I do believe that the large amount of money these kids are set up with will not only allow their mothers and immediate family to give them more attention in general (no worry about being able to pay bills, buy food and clothing, etc-- less stress in general), but will also open them doors that just love or fatherly direction might not, such as access to better schooling. Money can most definitely provide stability.

I think we can agree that it comes down to balance.
Money can most definitely provide stability. Makes me think of "Johnny Football". :rimshot: