Janoris Jenkins has a lot of mouths to feed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I hesitated to post this but came to the conclusion that ROD members can handle this topic with class and dignity. Right? ;)
*****************************************************************************************
http://nypost.com/2016/05/18/janoris-jenkins-says-5-kids-with-4-women-is-a-blessing/

Janoris Jenkins says 5 kids with 4 women is ‘a blessing’
By Paul Schwartz

janoris_jenkins.jpg

Janoris JenkinsPhoto: AP

Janoris Jenkins is 27 years old and has five children with four different women.

“It ain’t a lot,” Jenkins told The Post this week. “It’s just five kids. A lot is something you can’t handle, and I can handle five kids.”

Jenkins, the Giants’ big-ticket free-agent cornerback, had four children, all under the age of 3, with three different women before he went to the Rams in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

The five children range in age from 2-8. There are three boys and two girls. The oldest is Janoris Jr., the youngest is Journey, a little girl. There is also Janorian, Legend and Paris.

“I’m a great father,” Jenkins said. “I take care of my kids. I do what I got to do. I’m not the guy that’s gonna flash my kids, put ’em out on social media for everybody to see.”

Jenkins said he sees his kids “the whole time” in the offseason and visits them as much as possible during the season. All five kids live in Florida.

“It’s a blessing to me,” Jenkins said. “Because you got to look at it, I got five kids. I’ll be there for five kids. I can take care of five kids. I could see if I wasn’t able to be there, I wasn’t able to be around, hang out with ’em or nothing, then it would be a problem, but I don’t have those type of problems.”

As for the four women, Jenkins said he has “nice relationships” with all the mothers of his children.

“Have you ever heard anything about my baby mamas?” he asked. “Have you ever seen my baby mamas come out and say, ‘Oh, he’s not being a father?’ When they were going with me, they understand, ‘OK, he’s a football player. He’s gonna have multiple women.’ That just comes with dating a football player.”

Jenkins said he is diligent with his child-support payments.

“Janoris is a great young man and has done everything we have asked him to do since he has become a client,” said Adam B. Kenner, Esq., who has represented Jenkins since he was drafted.

“It depends on what they’re asking for,” Jenkins said. “If you got baby mamas that want to be flashy and want money for them and not the kid, then it’s a problem. But when you got baby mamas that want money for the kids and not them, it’s not a problem.”

Jenkins played out his original four-year, $4.99 million contact with the Rams and struck it rich on the open market with a five-year, $62.5 million deal with the Giants that includes $29 million in guaranteed money.

“It didn’t change me,” Jenkins said. “All it did was, I called each one of my baby mamas and said, ‘Hey, I’m gonna give you all extra a month. You’re gonna go from this to this. Either you cool with it or you’re not. If you ain’t cool with it, then do what you got to do, you feel me?’ I haven’t had any problem.”

Jenkins’ mentor, Sandy Cornelio, stressed, “Everything is in place where the moms get paid through the court system, and the kids are getting their college money.”

Janoris’ father, William Jenkins Sr., told The Post he advised his son, “If you have kids by different moms, you’re gonna have negative things in life, but as the father, you got to be the man and make sure your kids don’t get caught up in all that. Take care of your kids. They are first and foremost in your life.”

Soon to be settled in the New Jersey suburbs, Jenkins is gearing up for the second chapter of his NFL life.

“Right now, his concentration is not girlfriends or anything like that,” Cornelio said. “The New York Giants are paying him $62 million, and he knows he has to go prove he’s worth that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...or-blessing-of-five-children-with-four-women/

Of course, there are plenty of people (presumably including many NFL players) who do not share his views of relationships, but Jenkins is at least taking care of his financial obligations to his children, which not every current or former player does.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
"Oh he's a football player he's going to be dating lots of women. That just comes with being a football player".

This guy tells it like it is, you can't deny that. As long as he's looking after them good on him.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Financial support is great, good for him that he provides it, but there are far more important components to being a good father. Pretty hard to be there for the kids when traveling between five different houses or whatever. I suggest condoms....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Baby Mama term has always made me raise 1 eyebrow.

Sounds like a hell on earth to me having children with 4 different women. I've got 1 ex-wife and that's almost enough to drive me insane by itself.

That article certainly pulled the curtain back for us all to get a new peek at Jack Rabbit's personal life. I'm gonna just go ahead and close em back up as quickly as possible now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

oh jenoris. you shoulda pulled it out and blew all over her. not sure how all these kids with different women works. i could never imagine what that life would be like.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Financial support is great, good for him that he provides it, but there are far more important components to being a good father. Pretty hard to be there for the kids when traveling between five different houses or whatever. I suggest condoms....

This. Good that he's financially supporting them (though how did he do that in college?)

But kids need a full time father. He definitely can't do that.

fancents86

Starter
Not sure how is personal life got dragged up and why it's anyone's business but his own, but he told it like it is. Many people may look at him negatively bc he's not mynogomous, but that's their own personal values and don't pertain to anyone else. As long as his kids are fed and he is in their life then good for him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He has no choice but to pay for his Kids. IF he doesn't the Courts will hang him.
As far as the example he has set for his children, and others ....

#2.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
yeah...this millennial generation....the term "baby mam" irks me too....not sure why....and I just got a baby mama....and I'm 49....wtf...and married....so who am I to talk....LA is like that...
Can't believe he named one of his kids this....

As long as he's taking care of them...he's doing his job...I'm sure when they get older...and start talking about how life was when he wasn't around due to other commitments, then he'll see...maybe the kids are fine...but from my experience, kids need a dad in the home...it really helps...see the making of an NFL QB....if it helps in that realm, then I'm sure it helps in others (school/career)

Now if he's got them all in a mansion, Mormon style.....player-playa:sneaky::mrburnsevil:

last comment, I wonder what the "baby mamas" look like?...just curious

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's clearly matured a ton....he pretty much had this when he came into the league. Never gotten into any trouble off the field, and he's right - never heard anything about baby mama drama.

And if he spends time with them on top of that, cool.

The big negative here though is......kids that come from single parent homes are put at a significant disadvantage emotionally, and it often stays with them throughout life.

But the mother of the children carry that just as much as Janoris does.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude takes care of his kids. That is what matters.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
So what?

I'm going to name my kids Doug Jr., Dougtellamon, Questern-Doug, and Challenge.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
“I’m a great father,” Jenkins said. “I take care of my kids. I do what I got to do. I’m not the guy that’s gonna flash my kids, put ’em out on social media for everybody to see.”

He's so misguided, he equates paying for stuff to being a good father.

“Have you ever heard anything about my baby mamas?” he asked. “Have you ever seen my baby mamas come out and say, ‘Oh, he’s not being a father?’ When they were going with me, they understand, ‘OK, he’s a football player. He’s gonna have multiple women.’ That just comes with dating a football player.”

This makes me sick. He clearly doesn't respect any of these women, and clearly they don't respect themselves either.

This is something I hate to see..........but it's what our nation has become.

He lives with none of these 5 kids and they are scattered around in how many states? He's not a capable father IMO. He's totally irresponsible and should be embarrassed. But in our culture he gets praised because he has a lawyer cutting checks to the women.

Disgusting.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
No wonder he left us for the money. He's got a lot of baby mommas to keep in Loui V.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of course, there are plenty of people (presumably including many NFL players) who do not share his views of relationships, but Jenkins is at least taking care of his financial obligations to his children, which not every current or former player does.

I never cared for this guy and his ridiculous pothead image on twitter. I have zero respect for this cat.

"Oh he's a football player he's going to be dating lots of women. That just comes with being a football player".

This guy tells it like it is, you can't deny that. As long as he's looking after them good on him.

Yeah because every football player dates lots of women and impregnates them. Being a football player is a license to be completely irresponsible. SMH

Amen. I know a lot of kids that have money but their parents work too much. The money doesn't make up for their folks not being there for them.

Not sure how is personal life got dragged up and why it's anyone's business but his own, but he told it like it is. Many people may look at him negatively bc he's not mynogomous, but that's their own personal values and don't pertain to anyone else. As long as his kids are fed and he is in their life then good for him.

There is a lot more to raising kids than just feeding and clothing them.

The big negative here though is......kids that come from single parent homes are put at a significant disadvantage emotionally, and it often stays with them throughout life

Amen. On my old job with the state, where I had to mentor kids that dropped out of high school or were in trouble with the law, I saw it all the time. 90% of the kids I hade were from single parent families. Most were drug users. They had no guidance in their life. Their mothers tried but it is tough for a mother to control a testosterone driven young man, or a girl that never got love from her dad but thinks she is getting it from guys she is screwing.

Dude takes care of his kids. That is what matters.

Wrong

He's so misguided, he equates paying for stuff to being a good father.

This makes me sick. He clearly doesn't respect any of these women, and clearly they don't respect themselves either.

This is something I hate to see..........but it's what our nation has become.

He lives with none of these 5 kids and they are scattered around in how many states? He's not a capable father IMO. He's totally irresponsible and should be embarrassed. But in our culture he gets praised because he has a lawyer cutting checks to the women.

Disgusting.

Couldn't agree more.