Janoris Jenkins has a lot of mouths to feed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I understand if a father can't be with his kids because of a break up or whatever situation. But playing it off as if providing money is what matters most? Tell that to the fathers that would like to raise their kids but can't or those that are there through all the ups and downs of their kid's actual life.

Sad.

They're adults so I don't really give them the same level of concern as I do the kids. They didn't sign up for this. But there they are.

I disagree with this. A "break up" (divorce) is going to have A LOT more damage on a kid versus Janoris' situation.

The absolute worst thing you can do for a child is show what having a nice put together family is and then pull the rug out from under them. I have no patience for people that have children and get divorced. Aside from that, most of the time there is a lot of fighting/tension leading up to said divorce, which can also be emotionally scarring for a child.

As far as being a father goes, Janoris is the same as any man who ends up in a divorced situation - not good enough. Janoris shouldn't have chosen to have children with these women, and you should never have married someone who you end up divorcing.

The most sickening thing about Americans is that most have no idea the damage that a broken home causes - want to talk about narcissism? There it is at its finest.

At the end of the day, these kids and any who come from divorced parents are put behind the 8 ball immediately.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can answer that lol. The mother of my child is too much to say so you dumb it down to baby momma or daddy. I guess you haven't heard anyone say my bm (baby momma) or bd (baby daddy).... not txt or type it, but say it in everyday conversation, lol. It's just the times we live in

Well, I also don't recognize words like Conversating (should be conversing) or agreeance (should be agreement), but I get it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just... no. It's to reference someone you're not in a relationship with, nothing more.

You guys are looking way too far into this, jesus.

Sorry, yes. It was coined to be insulting and demeaning. Google it and you will see.

@FrantikRam He says that, but lets face it they may have motives. And I doubt if all five of these women were OK with him having unprotected sex with other women. I think he's trying to cover up for what he knows is dumb behavior. He's lucky because if he wasn't an athlete and was working a regular job there could be 5 kids in a tough spot.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just proper English, but I have been through a desert on a horse with no name.

It's not to much to ask for, and it's not hard to do. But..........it's a big part of the hip-hop culture, which IMO is largely ignorant, misogynistic, glorifies violence and is just plain dumb.

I had a guy that worked with me that used to have this conversation on occasion and it was interesting to hear his perspective which in some ways shaped mine. He grew up in one of the ghettos in Cleveland. He loathed what he called "nigga culture" and was convinced it was going to make life harder for those growing up in it who decided to embrace it to any degree. He wished everyone would reject it, and I think he was 100% right. He put himself through college, it took 6 years, so this isn't a dumb loudmouth dude, he was smart as hell. He was also in the age range and neighborhood to be in that culture all day every day even when he was going to college for the first few years.

@Elmgrovegnome 's story earlier in this thread is far too often true and one my old friend said too. It was a badge of honor to knock up a chick, whether you ever had anything to do with the child or not.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Just proper English, but I have been through a desert on a horse with no name.

Wow, nice sentence fragment. "It's just proper English." Pronouns and contractions aren't difficult.

See how ridiculous that is? As long as you can understand the idea a person is trying to convey, correcting someone's grammar is just egotistical; you don't speak "proper English" 100% of the time, either.

And not every family is the same, which is why it's ludicrous for everyone to harshly judge Jenkins' character based on his family situation. He can provide more than enough-- and more importantly, a future-- for his kids, which is a lot more than most, I would say.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think this thread could get anymore condescending.

How's the weather up there on that horse?

Hey @Wolfecola we can see that you're passionate about this topic but in the interest of keeping the peace, back off a little. :peace:

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I don't think this thread could get anymore condescending.

How's the weather up there on that horse?

Hey @Wolfecola we can see that you're passionate about this topic but in the interest of keeping the peace, back off a little. :peace:

My bad, I'll restrict my posts to harshly judging NFL players' personal lives.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I disagree with this. A "break up" (divorce) is going to have A LOT more damage on a kid versus Janoris' situation.

The absolute worst thing you can do for a child is show what having a nice put together family is and then pull the rug out from under them. I have no patience for people that have children and get divorced. Aside from that, most of the time there is a lot of fighting/tension leading up to said divorce, which can also be emotionally scarring for a child.

As far as being a father goes, Janoris is the same as any man who ends up in a divorced situation - not good enough. Janoris shouldn't have chosen to have children with these women, and you should never have married someone who you end up divorcing.

The most sickening thing about Americans is that most have no idea the damage that a broken home causes - want to talk about narcissism? There it is at its finest.

At the end of the day, these kids and any who come from divorced parents are put behind the 8 ball immediately.

Whoa! Stereotype much?

And who is this JJ everyone is speaking of??????

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow, nice sentence fragment. "It's just proper English." Pronouns and contractions aren't difficult.

See how ridiculous that is? As long as you can understand the idea a person is trying to convey, correcting someone's grammar is just egotistical; you don't speak "proper English" 100% of the time, either.

And not every family is the same, which is why it's ludicrous for everyone to harshly judge Jenkins' character based on his family situation. He can provide more than enough-- and more importantly, a future-- for his kids, which is a lot more than most, I would say.

Are we differentiating between dialect/vernacular and punctuation at all or is it all in the same column?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Man, good thing Cromartie wasn't a Ram or this thread would be even more fucked. :fuelfire:

"Cromartie will have 12 children to support, including the twins who wife Terricka Cason announced last week are on the way.

Besides the two children he already has with Terricka, Cromartie, 31, he has eight kids with seven other women across the country. (12 kids, 8 baby mama's :whistle:)

Before settling down with Terricka, an ex-model who co-starred in the 2009 E! reality show “Candy Girls,” Cromartie seduced, impregnated and dumped a string of women across the country, from his high school sweetheart in Tallahassee, Fla., to a corporate lawyer and former Miss Black North Carolina.

Several of the women have taken him to court over custody and financial disputes. A Houston woman who bore two of Cromartie’s daughters has demanded a bigger monthly payment.

And several baby mamas say Cromartie spends little time with his far-flung brood.

“These kids have to Google to find out about their dad,” one told The Post.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Man, good thing Cromartie wasn't a Ram or this thread would be even more freaked. :fuelfire:

"Cromartie will have 12 children to support, including the twins who wife Terricka Cason announced last week are on the way.

Besides the two children he already has with Terricka, Cromartie, 31, he has eight kids with seven other women across the country. (12 kids, 8 baby mama's :whistle:)

Before settling down with Terricka, an ex-model who co-starred in the 2009 E! reality show “Candy Girls,” Cromartie seduced, impregnated and dumped a string of women across the country, from his high school sweetheart in Tallahassee, Fla., to a corporate lawyer and former Miss Black North Carolina.

Several of the women have taken him to court over custody and financial disputes. A Houston woman who bore two of Cromartie’s daughters has demanded a bigger monthly payment.

And several baby mamas say Cromartie spends little time with his far-flung brood.

“These kids have to Google to find out about their dad,” one told The Post.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Point well taken , but nobody was judging Jenkins harshly, as long as he is providing for his family, good for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I will say this; I don't know these men, but reading that interview I understand why the tag went on Trumaine.

Janoris may keep himself clean off the field, but that guy scares me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
img

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

As far as being a father goes, Janoris is the same as any man who ends up in a divorced situation - not good enough. Janoris shouldn't have chosen to have children with these women, and you should never have married
someone who you end up divorcing.

Come on man. It's the cavalier attitude of what it means to be a dad. Don't try to tell me he's doing it the right way because he's not.