Janoris Jenkins has a lot of mouths to feed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Baby Mama term has always made me raise 1 eyebrow.

My apologies to anyone that has issues, however, why can't you say "the mother of my child?" It's really not that difficult to enunciate and neither is "the father of my child." as opposed to Baby Daddy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I told this story before on here a few years ago. Here it is again. A young man on my old crew that came from Philly via Puerto Rico was in the work truck and a very attractive young lady walked by wearing the usual next to nothing shorts and tank top. His exact words were, "I want to give that girl my baby". I asked him what he meant and he explained that in the city if you see a hot chick and you knock her up, then everyone knows that you had sex with her. It is like putting your stamp on them and it impresses everyone you know because you nailed such a hot chick. He also said that that hot woman is linked to you for life and you likely will have other oportunities to have sex with her later. He was 18 and already had three kids to two women.

Now you could say that is the culture he was raised in and thinks it is normal to live that way. I told him different, that kind of thinking is not what made the United States the great country it is today (or was a few decades ago at least). The family values have been slowly eroding year after year. Once divorce became an acceptable way out more and more people thought very little of getting married or having kids. Most of those kids end up with a lot of problems because they don't have the daily love and interactions of both parents. It is a very sad situation.

This article tries to paint JJ as being respectable because he pays for his kids and he loves them all. If he was respectable he wouldn't be having children with so many woman that he cannot really be there for. If he was respectable he would be using condoms.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My apologies to anyone that has issues, however, why can't you say "the mother of my child?" It's really not that difficult to enunciate and neither is "the father of my child." as opposed to Baby Daddy.

Because when you are high all the time you cannot remember such a complex terminology

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
To each their own. You guys are making some pretty hefty assumptions. How do you know he doesn't have time for his kids? How do you know he doesn't put them all on a group skype every night? And he says he spends time with them in the offseason. You can't assume he is any less a parent than any father playing in the NFL. JMO

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
In all seriousness though, glad he's being a responsible parent. Wish him the best of luck until we face him in England. Hope one of our WRs does the double-move on him and he bites it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In all seriousness though, glad he's being a responsible parent. Wish him the best of luck until we face him in England. Hope one of our WRs does the double-move on him and he bites it.

Very true and all seriousness, he's one hell of a defensive back.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looks like Janoris is a "Jackrabbit" off the field also.......

images

Ram65

Legend
Jenkins said he sees his kids “the whole time” in the off season and visits them as much as possible during the season. All five kids live in Florida.

So the kids are all in one state, I guess he can get to see them all. It's not perfect but, is better than a lot of others that you hear about. The moms have to take some fault in getting pregnant with a college student most likely at an early age. In todays world this is far from being grossly out of the norm.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the kids are all in one state, I guess he can get to see them all. It's not perfect but, is better than a lot of others that you hear about. The moms have to take some fault in getting pregnant with a college student most likely at an early age. In todays world this is far from being grossly out of the norm.

Yes you are right and maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Jenkins. He is a product of the same system. As someone who believes that our ability to reason innately tells us what is right and what is wrong, I always felt his situation was easily understood as being wrong. However, if you are raised under the same circumstances, or around them, then maybe it just seems normal. I am not sure how I feel about that one. Sometimes people choose to be stupid to things because it is easier or more fun.

Psycho_X

Legend
His philosophy is a little screwed up to me but to each their own I suppose as long as he isn't breaking any laws outside of smoking a little weed.. Despite that he is at least providing which is more than a lot of men can say these days. Marshall Faulk wasn't any better in his playing days as he had a litter himself with 6 total with 3 women last time I heard a decade ago. Hopefully for him he can play well enough to keep that fat paycheck coming through it's entire contract.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Supporting with cash is just the beginning of being a father. If you're not there, you're not being a father.

Ram65

Legend
Yes you are right and maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Jenkins. He is a product of the same system. As someone who believes that our ability to reason innately tells us what is right and what is wrong, I always felt his situation was easily understood as being wrong. However, if you are raised under the same circumstances, or around them, then maybe it just seems normal. I am not sure how I feel about that one. Sometimes people choose to be stupid to things because it is easier or more fun.

To my knowledge I don't know of any children I assisted in producing while having a good time meeting women. It doesn't mean I don't or couldn't have had many children out of wedlock.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How the hell did he get so lucky as to in 1 lifetime date 4 presumably good looking-hot women and not 1 of them is psycho. Is that even possible? Shit I dont think I have met 4 women in my 47 yrs that werent psycho, and I know I havent dated 4 women that were not psycho, maybe 1, but that was over 30 yrs ago I hadnt yet learned what psycho was.

Good for Jenks that he takes care of his kids and is able to keep himself, his kids and his baby mommas out of the news and gossip rags. It may not be the ideal situation, but he is making it work.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How the hell did he get so lucky as to in 1 lifetime date 4 presumably good looking-hot women and not 1 of them is psycho. Is that even possible? crap I dont think I have met 4 women in my 47 yrs that werent psycho, and I know I havent dated 4 women that were not psycho, maybe 1, but that was over 30 yrs ago I hadnt yet learned what psycho was.

Good for Jenks that he takes care of his kids and is able to keep himself, his kids and his baby mommas out of the news and gossip rags. It may not be the ideal situation, but he is making it work.

Who says any of them are good looking? And they may very well be psycho and he's paying them off. Nobody knows.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To each their own. You guys are making some pretty hefty assumptions. How do you know he doesn't have time for his kids? How do you know he doesn't put them all on a group skype every night? And he says he spends time with them in the offseason. You can't assume he is any less a parent than any father playing in the NFL. JMO

Seriously?

Did you just post that in his defense?????????

Wow..........

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Why does any slang exist?

I mean, it really irks me when people use the term "buck." It's dollar, jesus. Heathens.

/s

I don't think this thread could get anymore condescending.