Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My guess is that he instructed himself to stay out of harm's way. I'm pretty sure that he knows if he goes down, even for one drive, there's a chance he might not ever get his job back.
I don't think that's representative of his history or his personality.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't matter. If he's ready to go, then he's ready to go.
What better way to find out than to put him on the big stage in a semi-neutral environment.
That was kinda my thinking ,,,id love to see him here as its a game they will defo show on tv here as well ...im just not sure fish will play him here

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Case struggles the next two games and Goff still doesn't start after the bye I think we can just forget seeing him this season at all barring injury playoffs or not. The bye week is as good of an opportunity to get a player ready to make their first start over any other week during the season. It's at home as well. And while Carolina is still a good team their defense hasn't exactly been its previous years stoutness so wouldn't be as scary as first thought before the season.
that was my other thought if he isn't in by the bye then we wont see him at all

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm just gonna put this out here to be devils advocate, but what if Goff goes in and plays poorly or the offense performs the same or worse?
Then you take your lumps and let him grow into the position.
A QB taken #1 overall, will be on a very long leash

Athos

Legend
Fisher is also Snead's boss so that makes it hard to do. Demoff would have to be the one to step in.

You've got mad issues then when your coach, a mediocre one at that, has that much power. Look where I got Kelly. Fired. And replaced by superior coaches.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Keenum is a great backup.
naw, a great backup is Grappolo, Dak/Romo, that dude at Cleveland...both of them...I kinda like who the Bears are using for Jake....he's not even a good one...
Case is Austin Davis big brother. He's just a hair better then Austin
Austin is better than Case....I'm sure of it now....
You are the lead train engineer?
That's me....

It comes down to crap blocking by the OL.
Not sure the line is so crappy...I saw more holes than EVER this season...and Gurley missed them...again, not patient...poor vision...if anything, I see some silly schemes where they ignore defenders, or put some linemen in difficult blocking positions...trying wham/crackback type blocks...

You want to know the difference between Keenum and Goff? That throw. That is one of the toughest throws to make in football. You need a big arm to do it. You have to throw the ball with zip out in front of the WR or else there's a major risk it gets picked off.
That throw....from the left hash, to the far sideline...Case KNOWS he can't make it...so does the damn coach...but that IS the throw Goff and many top flight QBs make...not sure why it was called..Robey was pretty good at USC...but that was a lazy route...with a worse throw...why go to Cooper in such a critical position? Why not ride Britt, Kendricks, and my man Quick???? Silly play-calling? and poor decisions by some vets (Case, Boras)...

Boras/Groh or who ever gave the green light? allowed a green rookie WR that has just recently been getting regular season game snaps to get that call in the huddle?
I thought you had been ready to see Cooper...Ready to see SPRUCE? Oh, that wasn't you???? LOLOLOLOL...

Goff time...we shouldn't have to go through losses like this before everyone sees the future isn't Case...It aint hating..It aint bitching...It's 30+ years of seeing what works at this level...you can't miss open bombs early in the game...on wide open receivers...you can't float the damn ball all over the field...you all see that Gurley drop...yeah, me too..and the ball took to long to get there..no excuses...but still...bunch of plays he leaves on the field..bunch of pressure he causes...not moving in the pocket...every team is getting better...Case is getting better too, but slowly, with a very visible limit..and if we wanna continue to lead the division, we need to go with the young stud ASAP.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow, things changed quick after one loss. A week ago I was told to be happy because the Rams are 3-1. Stats were thrown at me to prove Keenumm was getting the job done, and people were convinced that Goff is not ready because some reporter claims he throws too meanings in practice.

It seems like people are starting to realize the mirage that this winning record.. Kudos to you all for seeing the light, except for those that were with me all along of course.

Keenum is holding the team back, even if it means a losing record, it's past time to start Goff and accelerate the learning with some OJT.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow, things changed quick after one loss. A week ago I was told to be happy because the Rams are 3-1. Stats were thrown at me to prove Keenumm was getting the job done, and people were convinced that Goff is not ready because some reporter claims he throws too meanings in practice.

It seems like people are starting to realize the mirage that this winning record.. Kudos to you all for seeing the light, except for those that were with me all along of course.

Keenum is holding the team back, even if it means a losing record, it's past time to start Goff and accelerate the learning with some OJT.
And if they beat Detroit? Would it be okay if people refuse to call it a mirage and choose to see their own light?
Honestly, I would think people would WANT this team to be able to win without Goff. Depending on one player to carry you is a recipe for disaster.
I'd rather this team be resilient enough to overcome that kind of reliance and ball out anyway.

A55VA6

Legend
GOFF! GOFF! GOFF!! #FreeGoff

But Jeff Fisher is our coach.. so Keenum will be our QB until we lose like 3 straight..

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

But Jeff Fisher is our coach.. so Keenum will be our QB until we lose like 3 straight..

point-to-the-rookie-quarterback-that-has-yet-nfl-memes-4226143.png

lockdnram21

Legend
And if they beat Detroit? Would it be okay if people refuse to call it a mirage and choose to see their own light?
Honestly, I would think people would WANT this team to be able to win without Goff. Depending on one player to carry you is a recipe for disaster.
I'd rather this team be resilient enough to overcome that kind of reliance and ball out anyway.
Yes people want to win without him but Keenum is a problem. Why did the rams draft Goff? Let the kid play hell I would rather see Mannion then Keenum

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why did the rams draft Goff?
To be the QB of the future.
Not the QB of today.

He'll play soon enough. And when he does, he'll be more prepared than he would have been if he started week 1.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I'm going to rematch the game today but we were in the redone 4 times yesterday correct? We didn't throw the ball one time into the end zone. Why? They don't trust Keenum or Keenum doesn't trust himself that shit has to stop or we will keep losing. Keenum had a decent game but after the pic6 he dined and dunked the rest of the day. He played scared and you can't do that. I'm ready for something else

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember what Fisher said about the 7-9 bullcrap . He can't be serious about that statement with Keenum at the helm.
The only way this team gets over the hump is if Goff comes in and shines . Otherwise it's another lost year with a below average coach and QB . I don't know how anyone can fall for his line of crap anymore.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're probably right and thier record will be 3-4 and we will be looking forward to next year's draft . This team can win , but they have to play a perfect game or get a handful of turnovers. I don't think Fisher can believe that Keenum is any better than 8-8 .

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I don't think that's representative of his history or his personality.

Does that mean we are still in rebuild mode? I thought that Fisher said that we are just a quarterback away from making a deep playoff run? Why did we waste all those picks on a quarterback who is essentially another Mannion?

Bruce2980

Starter
Does that mean we are still in rebuild mode? I thought that Fisher said that we are just a quarterback away from making a deep playoff run? Why did we waste all those picks on a quarterback who is essentially another Mannion?
Fisher said that "we are just a quarterback away," to buy him another day, and that is why he don't play today, cause there's always another day:D

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It works with Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Dan Marino, John Elway, etc.... If we needed Keenum to come in and win 2/3 as the backup, then sure and he could probably do that. But over 16 games, I want a better option.