Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Watched his post game presser and one of the first things he said was how the offense was good and they improved. He's not making a change.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm not going to knit-pick.......When I saw the play live, it appeared that he rounded off the route. And, the video confirms what I saw. However, I don't think it would've made a difference ; the pass would've been an INT ......it is all on Keenum.
I agree. The pass floated. Keenum never should have thrown it. He didn't look off the route. The DB jumped that route like he knew it was coming.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched his post game presser and one of the first things he said was how the offense was good and they improved. He's not making a change.

No surprise that he's being stubborn and foolish.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Watching live, the play calling from Boras on the 3 plays leading up to the fake punt reminded me of overtime in Minnesota last season. Too conservative and doomed to failure.

But then I saw the replay of the 3rd down where Quick was open on a deep in and thought ok maybe not so much. Fact is, I expect a starting QB to see that and make that play.

I try to avoid overreacting to wins and losses but this loss annoyed me in the way it came about. The Bills didn't win that game (even with all the rushing yards), we lost it. And that's on Fisher and Keenum.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's what I think FWIW's this would be a great week to start Goff albeit, it's on the road, however, I don't see Fisher doing that unless Keenum comes out and turns the ball over early against Detroit. IMO, Keenum had Quick for six and missed him and checks down most of the time because he can not fit the ball into tight windows.

Stop coddling the kid and the offensive line did run block better yesterday, IMO, Keenum lost the game yesterday with the pick 6 on top of that you knew the offense was going to have to step up more and it couldn't because it's limited with Keenum calling signals...Come on Fish, it's time to fly off with Goff!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Goff, Who's Goff?

In all seriousness though - I do think the pick 6 was the deciding factor in the game, momentum was with us, then we literally just threw the ball away. If we'd won this game, I would have said don't change, but we're now 3-2 and, well, why not. Let's see what the kid has, whether or not you start him on the road, or let Keenum start the game, see how things go - I'd be inclined to now risk it. Go with the rookie.

Psycho_X

Legend
Here's what I think FWIW's this would be a great week to start Goff albeit, it's on the road, however, I don't see Fisher doing that unless Keenum comes out and turns the ball over early against Detroit.

Fisher is too stubborn to ever make a switch during a game unless forced to by injury I think. If Goff isn't preparing with the ones all week he won't play unless forced to unfortunately. It's maddening.

In other maddening news, it's still unbelievably frustrating to see these two fellas that Fisher could have on his team right now...

Sam Bradford- 109.7 qbr
Carson Wentz- 103.5 qbr

All though, to be fair I think Wentz would be sitting on the bench just like Goff and neither would be doing well with our awful play calling.

Athos

Legend
No surprise that he's being stubborn and foolish.

He'll ride Keenum to his grave.

Not.

He'll get extended regardless.

Anyway, he's got a mancrush on Case. And the GM should probably step in and tell him to piss off and start the better QB but this regime has no balls, man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He'll ride Keenum to his grave.

Not.

He'll get extended regardless.

Anyway, he's got a mancrush on Case. And the GM should probably step in and tell him to pee pee off and start the better QB but this regime has no balls, man.
Fisher is also Snead's boss so that makes it hard to do. Demoff would have to be the one to step in.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I just don't think we will see a change unless the Rams fall to 3-4 or 3-5. If they hobble along at 4-3, or 5-4 or maybe even 5-5--things will continue as they are. But if it starts to completely collapse I believe he'll bring in Goff.

I like Case but whether any quarterback who isn't named Steve Mcnair can be successful with Fisher or not, we'll have to see. I'm not sure. Whatever spots of great play Keenum makes, it is also mixed with some disaster.

His QB rating is 27th in the league--ahead of only Fitzpatrick, Gabbert, Osweiler and Jameis Winston. Now--to be fair--all of those guys still start too. And given the eyeball test, there are times Keenum looks fine--like a capable game manager. And they are 3-2.

I have doubts about Fisher and quarterbacks and Fisher and offense, period. I feel he should be replaced but I don't see that happening. He's like having half a coach. Yes--he can build a pretty good defense. But that defense better dominate and score as well because it isn't enough.

So it does scare me a bit to see him manage Goff and be the guy to develop him as a pro. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him.

I did not see the whole game so I don't want to make a lot of comments about it but it was a game they certainly could have won. But if every week is going to come down to putting your defense out there to make a stop at the end, you're doomed. It looks like .500 ball to me right now. And now--with the injuries? Not good.

Hopefully they get healthy soon, find a decent replacement for Johnson, and find some way to put touchdowns on the scoreboard. If those 4 field goals had been touchdowns it would have been victory. They were 1-4 in the redzone. That has to change.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i said before the bills game that we dont get into shootouts ,,,because the way this team is built to play ( TOP,run game,strong D) and because of Cases limitations ....we cant hang ....

we will go as far as our D will carry us

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

I noticed that as well... I'm thinking Fisher rides the Keenum train through Detroit.. If Keenum plays bad in Detroit the odds go way up for Goff to start in LONDON....

That would be a wild unexpected first start for a rookie quarterback to get the nod in London vs Eli Manning.

Twickenham Stadium London__________
hqdefault.jpg

ced4388e4b75d378c3d26567c8ea7c02.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
I noticed that as well... I'm thinking Fisher rides the Keenum train through Detroit.. If Keenum plays bad in Detroit the odds go way up for Goff to start in LONDON....

That would be a wild unexpected first start for a rookie quarterback to get the nod in London vs Eli Manning

Unfortunately, once again I think Fisher is too stubborn to do that. London being an away game, and an extreme road game at that, will make him not want to start a rookie because... I don't know, reasons. If Goff isn't preparing with the ones this week he won't play until after the bye week. That's just the way Fisher works. Now if Keenum struggles the next two weeks I could see a real chance of Goff starting the first game back after the bye against the Panthers, god help him. But I don't see any chance in hell Fisher breaks his mold and goes with Goff before then if he doesn't have to.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately, once again I think Fisher is too stubborn to do that. London being an away game, and an extreme road game at that, will make him not want to start a rookie because... I don't know, reasons. If Goff isn't preparing with the ones this week he won't play until after the bye week. That's just the way Fisher works. Now if Keenum struggles the next two weeks I could see a real chance of Goff starting the first game back after the bye against the Panthers, god help him. But I don't see any chance in hell Fisher breaks his mold and goes with Goff before then if he doesn't have to.

id love to see Goff start in London ...although to be fair it would probably be more like an away game as id guess there would be more giants fans than rams fan in the uk ....

the real question to me is if he doesn't start after the bye week (record dependent) when do we see him? i can see this going a number of ways
1) its case until he suffers an injury
2) as long as there's a shot at the playoffs it case (barring injury or massive meltdown 3-4 pick game )
3) if theres no chance of playoffs will fisher ride Case to see out the season to get Goff ready to go at start of next year

i just want to see the kid in a real fire situation to see how he handles it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
id love to see Goff start in London ...although to be fair it would probably be more like an away game as id guess there would be more giants fans than rams fan in the uk ....
Shouldn't matter. If he's ready to go, then he's ready to go.
What better way to find out than to put him on the big stage in a semi-neutral environment.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Keenum's best attribute is his "grit" and competitive fire, yet he slid to avoid a block instead of going balls out to make the tackle on the pick 6. That sort of "business decision" does not match Keenum's personality in my mind, so I can only guess that he's been instructed to stay out of harms way. If the team had designs on replacing him any time soon that would not be the standing order, so I'm assuming this is a redshirt season all the way for Goff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can only guess that he's been instructed to stay out of harms way. If the team had designs on replacing him any time soon that would not be the standing order
Interesting take.

jjab360

Legend
Keenum's best attribute is his "grit" and competitive fire, yet he slid to avoid a block instead of going balls out to make the tackle on the pick 6. That sort of "business decision" does not match Keenum's personality in my mind, so I can only guess that he's been instructed to stay out of harms way. If the team had designs on replacing him any time soon that would not be the standing order, so I'm assuming this is a redshirt season all the way for Goff.
My guess is that he instructed himself to stay out of harm's way. I'm pretty sure that he knows if he goes down, even for one drive, there's a chance he might not ever get his job back.

Psycho_X

Legend

the real question to me is if he doesn't start after the bye week (record dependent) when do we see him? i can see this going a number of ways
1) its case until he suffers an injury
2) as long as there's a shot at the playoffs it case (barring injury or massive meltdown 3-4 pick game )
3) if theres no chance of playoffs will fisher ride Case to see out the season to get Goff ready to go at start of next year

i just want to see the kid in a real fire situation to see how he handles it

If Case struggles the next two games and Goff still doesn't start after the bye I think we can just forget seeing him this season at all barring injury playoffs or not. The bye week is as good of an opportunity to get a player ready to make their first start over any other week during the season. It's at home as well. And while Carolina is still a good team their defense hasn't exactly been its previous years stoutness so wouldn't be as scary as first thought before the season.