It looks like Blythe gets the start over Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Blythe was starting, Allen was definitely the backup center because I don't see them shifting two players over 1 injury.
Now that Brown is back he will definitely be a game-day active but it will be interesting to see who the other one, (or 2) is.

My guess is they definitely slide Blythe over or bring him off the bench rather than the rookie Allen as the backup center.
It's always fun to guess. Right now all we have to go by are what McVay says and what the team lists on the depth chart.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Think I saw that Allen was in for a few snaps at center at the end of the game last week but we didn't have Brown then. I wouldn't be shocked if it's not so crystal clear that Blythe slides over if Sullivan were out. I think it might depend on game circumstances too. A few plays? Allen may go in. Sullivan out for game, I think you slide.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian Allen is smart.
He could probably pull it off.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Saw Blythe get run over a couple of times today...and he got a couple penalties..

I'd like to see Brown get back in on Thursday

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Saw Blythe get run over a couple of times today...and he got a couple penalties..

I'd like to see Brown get back in on Thursday
I agree. His play yesterday was not on par with how he performed the 1st 2 games. Maybe it's time for Brown to get his old job back.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You dont change a thing while the team are rolling Goff has hardly been touched the pocket is pretty much perfect

do NOT mess with chemistry

stay with AB

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. His play yesterday was not on par with how he performed the 1st 2 games. Maybe it's time for Brown to get his old job back.

so one below par game and we bench him ? and forget about all he is done since he has been starting

the Offense is rolling you keep it the same

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
so one below par game and we bench him ? and forget about all he is done since he has been starting

the Offense is rolling you keep it the same

Continuity is king in my book. Blythe cleared the way on Gurley's 1 yard TD run. He can move people when he gets it right. The guys on the other side are gonna a win a battle here and there, they get paid too. He's playing great, don't mess with it right now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saw Blythe get run over a couple of times today...and he got a couple penalties..I'd like to see Brown get back in on Thursday

Chargers two starting NT's Brandon Mebane & Darius Philon are tough run blockers. Mebane has always tore the Rams OL up. Both are around 6 ft tall. Mebane has been party'ing for 12 yrs now @ around 315 lbs & the other @ 305lbs. Hard to move those 2 Nose Tackles around in a tight small box.

Yesterday was an excellent task for our new dinky OG & while Blyhte has some rough moments & he may not score any highlight reels, he passed the test in keeping Goff upright & unmolested to get the ball out & get out of the game with only a few sore spots. OG Jamon Brown saw action in Special Teams yesterday & I am sure he will begin to get mixed back in the offense but it may not be @ RG. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Guard play is critical vs a DC like Zimm, with all those double A gap blitzes and fakes he runs pre-snap. Comms are gonna get tested hard on Thursday night so there is zero chance they throw Brown in there as of yet. Blythe is much better at communication/responsibilities in pass pro.

And looking ahead I doubt Brown gets much opportunity outside of garbage time or injury. He's just not better enough to warrant giving him his job back when he's going to leave in FA. For that to happen Blythe will need to start getting blown up and become a liability which I doubt. He's a marginal starter, but sometimes that's fine when surrounded by good players on a line.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Guard play is critical vs a DC like Zimm, with all those double A gap blitzes and fakes he runs pre-snap. Comms are gonna get tested hard on Thursday night so there is zero chance they throw Brown in there as of yet. Blythe is much better at communication/responsibilities in pass pro.

And looking ahead I doubt Brown gets much opportunity outside of garbage time or injury. He's just not better enough to warrant giving him his job back when he's going to leave in FA. For that to happen Blythe will need to start getting blown up and become a liability which I doubt. He's a marginal starter, but sometimes that's fine when surrounded by good players on a line.
I agree he's played better but marginal starter? I totally disagree with that

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree he's played better but marginal starter? I totally disagree with that

Well you may be right and we'll see. This is his chance to prove he's a legit starter at this level. I just want to see more before I change my opinion.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it's a no-brainer to continue to roll with Blythe right now...Speaking of Blythe, I think it was Downtown Rams I was perusing a day or 2 ago...Saw a pic of Blythe..Maybe it's just my so often failing OLD memory, but to me he looks eerily like a younger Richie Incognito...(Thankfully without the psychotic leanings)...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I saw him getting beat vs the Chargers...I wouldn't be surprised if Brown got his position back, because Blythe is better as fill in guy along the inner Oline than Brown, and Brown is a bigger guy. Beef at guard is better imo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw him getting beat vs the Chargers...I wouldn't be surprised if Brown got his position back, because Blythe is better as fill in guy along the inner Oline than Brown, and Brown is a bigger guy. Beef at guard is better imo.
PFF graded Blythe very highly this week . Not sure why we would switch from him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF graded Blythe very highly this week . Not sure why we would switch from him.
I saw him get beat and manhandled on more than one play...I thought at the time(s) "Brown wouldn't have got used that way." No matter, I like Blythe..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I like both Blythe and Brown. I really am hoping that we sign Brown to a contract, as I wouldn't be comfortable with giving Saffold a long-term contract.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw him get beat and manhandled on more than one play...I thought at the time(s) "Brown wouldn't have got used that way." No matter, I like Blythe..

All these guys get beat from time to time. Also I agree that while Brown tends to not get overpowered he will more than make up for it in his general slowness to pick up stunts and blitzers, or outright get beat on the rush through technique.

Rams got the right dude starting. And it's not a bad thing to have a marginal dude in there on a great line btw. Look at our line back in '99 outside of Pace and Timm. There were some dudes who were just complementary and marginal starters beside them. Lines are weird man, so much is comms and workin together on same page.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Chargers two starting NT's Brandon Mebane & Darius Philon are tough run blockers. Mebane has always tore the Rams OL up. Both are around 6 ft tall. Mebane has been party'ing for 12 yrs now @ around 315 lbs & the other @ 305lbs. Hard to move those 2 Nose Tackles around in a tight small box.

Yesterday was an excellent task for our new dinky OG & while Blyhte has some rough moments & he may not score any highlight reels, he passed the test in keeping Goff upright & unmolested to get the ball out & get out of the game with only a few sore spots. OG Jamon Brown saw action in Special Teams yesterday & I am sure he will begin to get mixed back in the offense but it may not be @ RG. ;)
Do you have a position in mind because I don't see Brown being used at any other position on the starting unit other than RG.