1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Isaiah Pead suspended for first game of season

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by jrry32, May 31, 2013.

1. V3 Well-Known Member

How about having the loser dress up as a Seahawk or 49er mascot and post some pictures on the website? Good promotion of the website, humiliating but not egregious, and fun for the rest of us.

:cheese:

2. DeaconJ Well-Known Member

Pead - Ganaway #1A & 1B
    Richardson - change 'o pace
    Stacy - change 'o pace (I'm learnin' this sh*t)

That's my story, and I'm sticking.......whatever! :rofl:

3. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

pead will be the starter.

4. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

That's not what he said.
    <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045</a>

As for Luck, the Colts had way too much invested in his success. Who else was going to be their starting QB? The Rams' season didn't hinge on Pead's success. They had Richardson working out as Jackson's backup.

5. smram Well-Known Member

Don't be so short sighted. Pead has more talent than all of them. If he doesn't get it with a bit of confidence and more reps, then we have problems. This kid is a stud, I have no worries. This league is not about what have you shown as an untested rookie. The kid didn't really get a chance to show you anything unfortunately. Thing is, rookies take the league by storm every year that have shown you less than Richardson or Pead. Truth is, Pead has more talent. It's not just about what a guy has shown you in glimpses for one year

6. Warner4Prez Mɥɐʇ┴ɥǝHǝll¿

Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't the being suspended Week 1 make you the automatic loser of this bet? :shock:

7. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

This...

8. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

This sounds like a leftover from his awful rookie season, a year that just keeps on giving. If Fisher hasn't given up on him, I certainly won't.

9. RamsNation Well-Known Member

Apparently Rams have known about this for months and knew this suspension was coming.They still have high hopes for him so my guess is they aren't to disappointed in him I think he is getting the benefit of the doubt.But none the less I don't like the trend that's forming with these suspensions.This has to stop,can't make this a habit.

10. Barrison Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is... Isaiah Pead smoked some weed? :sly:

11. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

All NFL/NBA pro's just need to get marijuana med cards. Fucks sake...enough with the suspensions.... :cool:

12. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Problem solved. :sure:

13. albefree69 Well-Known Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/pead-suspension-will-result-in-four-figure-fine-for-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -for-rams/</a>
    GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. -X- I'm the dude, man.

FOUR FIGURES!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

15. El Juggernauto Your Best Friend

OTA's are only a couple weeks long. They were talking about it on NFLAM the other day, the long ones are 14 practices, so I assumed he meant that. I honestly could have misinterpreted it I guess. But non the less. What it boils down to, is I have little to no faith. I was so high on this guy, then pre-season came, he just kept falling, I kept cheering for him, saying it was just his nerves. But nothing ever happened. And do not mistake my lack of enthusiasm for him as a lack of hope that I am wrong. I hope he comes out and is a boss. He has the skill set to get 2000 yards from scrimmage. Just do know that we will ever see that potential come to fruition.

16. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

I was starting to have little faith in him until the last game of the season. Again it was limited work (five carries), but he looked like a guy who could become a pretty good RB. He was patient, followed his blockers, had great vision for seeing the hole and ran through it hard. In fact in those five carries he impressed me more than D. Rich who was very good at hitting the hole with full speed, but not so good at cutting back/vision/patience to allow the hole to develop. If Pead can carry the ball like he did in that last game, I think he can do very well with our offensive system.

17. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

The Rams found themselves in dire need
    Of a back with some moves and some speed
    What they hoped they had found
    When they drafted high round
    Has to wait for now cuz Pead peed weed

Thankyew thankyew very much
    I'll be here every night :cool:

18. den-the-coach Well-Known Member

A lady that i know just came from columbia,
    She smiled because i did not understand.
    Then she held out some marijuana, ha ha!
    She said it was the best in all the land.

And i said,
    "no, no, no, no, i don't smoke it no more,
    I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
    No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze,
    And then it makes it hard to find the door."

19. PrometheusFaulk Well-Known Member

I mean to get technical on what's probably a joke, the NFLPA would probably need to go to bat for pot getting off the list for controlled substances, since the issue is the suspensions not arrests. But I could see that happening. The big issue that fans seem to be taking with players seem to be performance enhancers, of which weed is not, unless that performance is "see how many Peeps you can shove in your mouth while listening to Dark Side."

20. den-the-coach Well-Known Member

I'm starting to believe to avoid players from The University of Cincinnati. First Mardy Gilyard and now Mr. Pead. Hey let's hope the kid gets some counseling and realizes that he needs to stop making excuses and realize the opportuntiy he has in life.

RB Coach Ben Sirmans needs to light a fire under Pead's a**! I do have some trepidations with Pead because of the fact, he kept stating that missing OTA's put him behind. Well, many players miss OTA's due to injuries and they seem to be able to contribute. For example Barrett Jones is rehabbing from injury and missing OTA's and I am willing to bet, he'll be just fine when called upon.

At this point it appears that Pead is not that smart, but I again I hope going forward he's able to overcome this and offer the playmaking ability he showcased in college.