Isaiah Pead suspended for first game of season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
[tweet]340559217553453057[/tweet]

Same reason as Rok.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
STATEMENT BY THE RAMS

Isaiah Pead of the St. Louis Rams has been suspended without pay for the first game of the 2013 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Pead will be eligible to return to the Rams’ active roster on Monday, September 9 following the team’s September 8 game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Pead is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

Note: The NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse is posted on nflmedia.com.
From the home page, click on "Resources" and then "About the NFL."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Isaiah.

Dammit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's with the one game stuff for substance abuse. The CBA calls for 4 games. Does Goodell have the option to drop it down if it's something minor.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
What's with the one game stuff for substance abuse. The CBA calls for 4 games. Does Goodell have the option to drop it down if it's something minor.
He (like Watkins) probably violated the rule in a different way. Indirectly.

Psycho_X

Legend
LesBaker said:

Was wondering this as well. What is with all these one game deals. And Fisher was very political about it but you could tell he thought Rok's suspension was bullshit. Wonder if this is for the same thing? Is Goodell waiving his power around again?

A55VA6

Legend
Man wtf..

What could they possibly be doing to earn only a 1 game suspension?

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
LesBaker said:
He (like Watkins) probably violated the rule in a different way. Indirectly.

How exactly did Watkins violate it anyway?

Shitty, stupid...

A55VA6

Legend
I wish we'd get answers on what these guys took to earn only a 1 game suspension.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I wonder if Fish will publicly come-out against this suspension, as he did with Rok's?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The violation was for substance abuse. Read marijuana or similar drug. PEDS is a 4 game suspension. ROK's was probably for the same reason.

My daughter is helping with this post. First one on this board. I'm from The Rams Huddle. May it rest in peace.

I'll try again this weekend. :hehe:

I'll be trying all these Smileys BTW. We only had a few of them at the Huddle.

Just got a message about a new post but I don't know how to read it without losing this post. Oh well. :lol:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I hope this doesn't have an impact on him emotionally, or if it does it's to the positive.

I'd imagine it's weed too. Another part of having a very young team. Don't they have a heads up before they get tested for weed and the small shit?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
albefree69 said:
The violation was for substance abuse. Read marijuana or similar drug. PEDS is a 4 game suspension. ROK's was probably for the same reason.

My daughter is helping with this post. First one on this board. I'm from The Rams Huddle. May it rest in peace.

Just got a message about a new post but I don't know how to read it without losing this post. Oh well. :lol:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who left the door open?

I mean hey Albe nice to see ya! And I mean that.....good to see ya.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Bravo Isaiah Pead .....Your on your way to really bettering yourself and this team..Get it together kid!!! :amped:

And Isaiah Pead gets put even deeper down the hole of my shit list. Smh.

Unlike some, I know these 3 cats are focused, ready, & willing to contribute at the RB position - DRich, Zac Stacy and Terrance Gannaway #RamsNation

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Is LesBaker the same Leslie from the Huddle? If you're not him then thanks for the welcome new friend. :bg:

If you are him then it's good to see old friends! :sure:

So you can't reply to an individual? Neither one of us could find anything but add a reply.

To username:
I wouldn't imagine you'd get a heads up before any test. I think they just throw a wide net whenever they take a sample. Pot's a positive for 30 days after use.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
Is LesBaker the same Leslie from the Huddle? If you're not him then thanks for the welcome new friend. :bg:

If you are him then it's good to see old friends! :sure:

So you can't reply to an individual? Neither one of us could find anything but add a reply.

To username:
I wouldn't imagine you'd get a heads up before any test. I think they just throw a wide net whenever they take a sample. Pot's a positive for 30 days after use.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote button is in the upper RH part of anyone's post. And yeah, that's our Leslie. I couldn't keep him out.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not good news at all. I hope we can get further details later on.

Pead needs to stay focused or he's going wind up behind the rotation again...and possibly find his way off the team eventually. Come on dude!
The Rams have "A Need for Pead."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
albefree69 said:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who left the door open?

I mean hey Albe nice to see ya! And I mean that.....good to see ya.
What up dog, GRRRREAT to see ya here,great.