Isaiah Battle waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I bet that person from Rotoworld is a regular on reddit.com/r/stlouisrams. I've seen juvenile commentary like that often there.
That or the site that can't be named, seems like just their MO. Say a bunch of illogical or downright false crap because you're buttblast about being wrong about the cuts and throw a temper tantrum about it.

Lot of Rams fans that have actively stopped rooting for the team and more for themselves to be right about the team out there.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
So why even use the pick then??

What a waste of a pick. You pick a guy to redshirt him and then cut him six weeks later? lol.
They took a shot at at guy who has potential and some experts said could be late 2nd to 3rd round pick.If he would've worked out it's a steal.But with the talent we now have on the team that 5th most likely gets cut next year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams will undoubtedly try to stash Battle on the practice squad, but he might not make it through waivers.
Huge assumption...If he's not ready to contribute, he won't be claimed.

Yes Battle let himself get beat out of his reserve OLT spot by a more prepared, more mature & more NFL ready 6-5 307 pound UDFA from tropical south Fl. Who had 29 starts @ OLT in college & awards. Who came from another country, becoming an American & learning to live in the greatest country in the world where dreams yet can come true with hard work. I am glad Darrell Williams is a Ram.
Truth at last...Williams is the find, Battle needs to develop....He'll get that chance, odds he's claimed are slim an none since he must be given a bonus of some kind and added to a teams 53 man roster...All the linemen on our team look able to step in and play if necessary. It's a great time to be a fan. No need to carry a player that can't play over a guy that has improved (I'm telling ya, the first time I actually saw Williams I was freaking out, he looked terrible. So did Battle. Williams looked so much better over 3 weeks time.) Read his college reports. Solid guy, team leader/captain....I was shocked at how he looked early...SFU is a good lil program or is it CFU...Wherever, football hot bed...Glad we went heavy & hard for tackles....Glad we got rid of Joe Barksdale...Bet Schotty is saying if we'd have done this last year, he'd still be here...Everything happens for a reason....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Huge assumption...If he's not ready to contribute, he won't be claimed.
Right. And that's the thing a lot of people aren't recognizing. Teams aren't gonna pick up a guy and put him on their 53 if he's not near enough to being ready to suit up. Every. Single. Team. Out. There. is dumping players they drafted late with the anticipation that they're gonna get them right back.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I will say, during the 1st pre-season game, I was watching the Oline when the 1st string went out and was impressed with whomever was at LT when GR left. I assumed it was Battle and then saw that it was this guy Williams. Nothing flashy, the kid just looks like he can play tackle.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
then saw that it was this guy Williams. Nothing flashy, the kid just looks like he can play tackle.
Exactly....while I saw something different early, later I could tell some good things were going on....this is something I hoped earlier
I hope someone has seen him play...
USF plays a very physical and fast brand of football…Some top notch athletes seem to come outta there too…I think he blocked for the Raiders RB…Murray…who looks like a beast to me…I actually see this guy sticking on the PS….Wichmann too….
by LA Champ on Jun 26, 2015 | 9:30 AM flag
yeah, I couldn't tell SFU from CFU....all the stuff I found then...Makes sense...Hard worker probably...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/darrell-williams-player

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/6/3/5776262/stampeding-the-2014-usf-roster-76-lt-darrell-williams

http://247sports.com/Player/Darrell-Williams-2368

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205087639

I really believe in the grabbing the college LT and using him wherever he can fit in the pros...it seems to get the best athletes on the field protecting the most valuable asset of the franchise...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
that ain't nothing compared to this one.

haha, rotoworld is the pits when they give their opinion. just provide the updates bozos. nobody cares for your analysis.

Wow. Yeah - because Davis is maybe a bit ahead of rookie 3rd round pick Mannion, Davis is the better player to keep. That is some brilliant analysis. How does this guy get a gig with Rotoworld? So much for my respect for that site. This is idiotic on such a basic level.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Another note (if I'm not mistaken), any player signed off another team's practice squad has to be kept on that team's active roster for at least 3 regular season games.
I think that is how it goes. I think that may be more of a hindrance than the idea of paying $90k for an O-lineman if you think he might be better than one that you have already on the roster. If you sign him off a practice squad, you better be pretty convinced he's an upgrade over at minimum your 53rd best player.

Debacled

Starter
No player is a guarantee. Not a single one. Draft picks are all gambles like it or not. Even the really great drafting teams have misses.

Does that mean Battle is a miss? No, all that means is that he is not ready to even be an emergency option for a line already lacking depth and experience.

Its a 5th round pick at worst if someone claims him. I remember a few years back guys were throwing fits about 7th rounders not being used "wisely". Roster has to be improving if people are complaining about 5th rounders and not saying a peep about 7th rounders then right?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So why even use the pick then??

What a waste of a pick. You pick a guy to redshirt him and then cut him six weeks later? lol.
I just don't see why this is so difficult to understand. You take a shot at a guy with a 5th round pick. If he turns out to be a stud, you just got a bargain. If not, he is like most 5th rounders and doesn't make the team. You can't find that out by letting another team nab him. So now he probably makes it to the practice squad unless we found out something about him that we really didn't like. Either way, you took a shot and it may or may not work out in the end.

Here's a little trivia for y'all. How many Rams 5th rounders over the past 40 years have played meaningful snaps with our team? Fred Miller, Clifton Ryan, Michael Hoo, Jerametrius Butler, Brian Young, Robert Young, Robert Delpino, Kevin Green, and Zac Stacy. Take Green out of that and that is one HOF list of players - eh?

We have exactly one 5th rounder on our team and that is McGee who has never seen the field. On the list of 5th rounders, only Kevin Green played for us for more than a handful of years and most were one or two years and gone. Out of 45 5th round picks, we found one high level starter, 3 mediocre at best players, and a total of 9 that even really played for us beyond spot duty. Zac might amount to something but clearly not here.

So why exactly is gambling with a 5th round pick such a big deal?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I liked Williams from the start & thought he had an excellent shot at making the club because the Rams did not have a true LT to backup GROB.

Then when the Rams drafted Battle I felt Williams had even a more uphill climb, but he played well in preseason & if people are pissed about losing a 5th round pick How are they going feel when Williams beats out GROB next year?

Limey

Rookie
I liked Williams from the start & thought he had an excellent shot at making the club because the Rams did not have a true LT to backup GROB.

Then when the Rams drafted Battle I felt Williams had even a more uphill climb, but he played well in preseason & if people are pissed about losing a 5th round pick How are they going feel when Williams beats out GROB next year?

Moving GRob back to LG won't be an option as Wichmann will be starting there ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This guy?

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-6_12-1-16.png
    upload_2015-9-6_12-1-16.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 346