Isaiah Battle waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rotoworld.
Who's the guy who adds the additional commentary to their 'breaking news' reports?

FRO

Legend
Had to use something to get a look though. Kinda hyped up going into the supplemental, so do you think they could have gotten him with a 6th instead?
No clue. I'm just thinking with the total lack of success of supplemental prospects (how successful can we call Gordon when he can't get on the field) that it's probably wise to stay clear of it altogether. While really none of our 5th round picks under the Fisher/Snead regime has turned into a long term player for us, I still think a 5th round pick is a decent piece of real estate to either package in trade or make a selection. Again we may be able to retain Battle and next year he may kick butt and become a good player for us.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Wasn't our bid of a 5th rounder the only one? No one else even bid a 7th rounder so he's probably safe on the PS at least. He didn't make himself standout during the pre-season but didn't stink it up either. Another just wait and see......

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't our bid of a 5th rounder the only one? No one else even bid a 7th rounder so he's probably safe on the PS at least. He didn't make himself standout during the pre-season but didn't stink it up either. Another just wait and see......
They don't reveal picks that are after the winning pick, all you have to go off is word of mouth and conjecture.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude's a fucktard.

Excuse my French.

RamWoodie

Legend
The guy is gone because of the needs of depth at other positions. I would think primarily DB and LB.

Austin Davis will probably be snatched up quick...but Battle *could* make the practice squad.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I think the fact that we have the Eagles 2nd round pick next year the FO wasn't really concerned about losing a 5th.That 5th probably gets cut it just got accelerated by a year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If he gets claimed off waivers, I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the FO.
Or you could be pleased that our other O-linemen are better than him and still he is good enough to be picked up by someone else.

I think it was worth the gamble. Sometimes you really hit on those gambles - most times you don't. If he is picked up on waivers, that just means to me that another team is more in need of O-linemen than are we.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dude's a fucktard.

Excuse my French.
Just wanted to back you on this. I had three years of French in HS. That is indeed French though I believe it should have been, "Dude's un fucktard."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just wanted to back you on this. I had three years of French in HS. That is indeed French though I believe it should have been, "Dude's un fucktard."
Oui. Je suis desole.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Fisher gets Battle on the Practice Squad, another team can't pick him unless he is on the the new teams 53 man roster, right? Didn't Fisher delay announcing all of the cuts for tactical reasons?

Battle was never intended to be ready to start this year. he isn't a starter yet for anyone. I'd be very surprised if they let him leave the building without convincing him about the Rams Practice Squad

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ha.

That's a good forum topic.
Least liked movie characters of all time.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
My only four Misses were Battle thinking we spent the pick and heard he was a redshirt anyway. Jones who was just getting injured and he never was able to beat that back surgery IMO. Pasat who I liked for next year after he builds up. Thought he was special . And our Old LB Dunbar who I think we saved money 1.35 savings is modest but if not resigned till after 1st week and added a special kid in Cameron Lynch who tackles and is a ST head hunter who actually wraps people up. I did'nt think Rhaney or Donnal and missed Marquez at WR. so I got 49 right. I'm excited and hope we get most back for PS like Longacre who we can mold for future. Its gonna be interesting.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
.. Well done Saints and your coveted 2014 2nd round offensive tackle to be, prefer not take the time to type his entire name all out (it was easier typing nonsense with my fingers) no offense.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
People thinking our FO is bad because of a 5th round potential backup who didn't pan out how they wanted him to after 58 days was released.... People need to relax. 99% chance he clears waivers and he joins the PS and has his redshirt year just like they had planned. Why is this such a massive deal?