Isaiah Battle waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Per roto:

Rams waived OT Isaiah Battle.

The Rams saw fit to use a fifth-round pick on Battle on July's Supplemental Draft, but have cut the cord after only 58 days on the roster. It's a completely inexcusable waste of resources from a team that lacks depth at almost every position. Coach Jeff Fisher/GM Les Snead have routinely proven to have no idea how to best manage an NFL roster in the 21st century. The Rams will undoubtedly try to stash Battle on the practice squad, but he might not make it through waivers.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Per roto:

The Rams saw fit to use a fifth-round pick on Battle on July's Supplemental Draft, but have cut the cord after only 58 days on the roster. It's a completely inexcusable waste of resources from a team that lacks depth at almost every position. Coach Jeff Fisher/GM Les Snead have routinely proven to have no idea how to best manage an NFL roster in the 21st century. The Rams will undoubtedly try to stash Battle on the practice squad, but he might not make it through waivers.
Rotoworld's sounding a little salty. Also we lack depth at every position? Even DE, DT and RB?

Sounds like one of our friends at Roto is a little assblast about the cuts.

FRO

Legend
Per roto:

I think Fish and Snead have done a heck of a job adding talent to the roster. They have made some glaring mistakes, and I have pointed them out, but on the whole tbey have done a great job. I'm not happy with the loss of a 5th round pick, but it's not a make or break move. Hopefully we can stash him on the practice squad and develop him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have got to be effing kidding me. Why did they draft a guy for a "redshirt" year if they didn't plan to keep him?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You have got to be effing kidding me. Why did they draft a guy for a "redshirt" year if they didn't plan to keep him?
They are going to keep him, the more I think about it, the more I severely doubt that anybody is going to be claiming Battle any time soon.

The guy is just a headache waiting to happen, he's immature, bad technique and insanely raw in what he is good at. We're probably one of 3 teams that would even sniff at him. I'm not worried.

TexasRam

Legend
Why?

Seriously.

Barrett Jones and Battle showed some stout play in preseason compared to these other depth clowns we are apparently keeping.

Did battle and jones get caught smoking crack??

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought he was looking pretty decent. Let's see what happens but I don't think it was a good move.

ram007

Starter
Per roto:

LOL. I thought Troll playground is at bottom of web pages. Never knew they existed at the top too

FRO

Legend
They are going to keep him, the more I think about it, the more I severely doubt that anybody is going to be claiming Battle any time soon.

The guy is just a headache waiting to happen, he's immature, bad technique and insanely raw in what he is good at. We're probably one of 3 teams that would even sniff at him. I'm not worried.
If the kid is that far off, then we probably shouldn't have used a future 5th on him. I think it's totally fair to question the whole Battle selection. I think you can question the pick without being totally crazy saying Fisher and Snead are morons.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Look at it this way. If Williams already carried himself as a pro by working hard, watching tape, acting mature, and ultimatley outplaying Battle, while Battle may have not have exhibited those same traits, then the staff loses some credibility with their team if they cut Williams and keep Battle.

Now, not saying they won't attempt to add him to the practice squad, but if he had to fill in for a game, say week 3 due to injuries, then he likely would hurt the team and they know that, thus he was cut..

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A fifth round pick in the supplemental draft is "a completely inexcusable waste of resources"........

OK then this happened........so he sucks and that's why they wasted such gigantic draft capital, yet he might not make it through waivers.

This dude is a ninja level idiot.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If the kid is that far off, then we probably shouldn't have used a future 5th on him. I think it's totally fair to question the whole Battle selection. I think you can question the pick without being totally crazy saying Fisher and Snead are morons.
I know, I just disagree that it was a bad gameplan. I know Jrry wouldn't imply such a thing(no word on our rotoworld friend, he seems pretty pissed.)

5th on a guy who could be a potential starter in this league with some time is a good move in my books, if he gets on the PS he'll gain some invaluable learning that helped such guys as Woodhead and Amendola become what they are today. It's not like they've already given up on him, and like I said, I very much doubt anybody's looking too hard at him. That and they have the ability to bring him in on the roster at any point they see fit.

I just don't see how this is bad outside of the, imo, very slim chance somebody might want him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Btw, I could see the Eagles claim Battle. They have no depth at OT, especially nobody that has future starting potential. So while he still may not help them now, he would give them someone to groom behind Peters. They would just have to cross their fingers their starters stay healthy.

FRO

Legend
I know, I just disagree that it was a bad gameplan. I know Jrry wouldn't imply such a thing(no word on our rotoworld friend, he seems pretty pissed.)

5th on a guy who could be a potential starter in this league with some time is a good move in my books, if he gets on the PS he'll gain some invaluable learning that helped such guys as Woodhead and Amendola become what they are today. It's not like they've already given up on him, and like I said, I very much doubt anybody's looking too hard at him. That and they have the ability to bring him in on the roster at any point they see fit.

I just don't see how this is bad outside of the, imo, very slim chance somebody might want him.
Well a 5th round pick is a valuable asset. He very well could be on the practice squad all year and go into camp next year and it will be all good. It is a risky maneuver though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rotoworld's sounding a little salty. Also we lack depth at every position? Even DE, DT and RB?

Sounds like one of our friends at Roto is a little assblast about the cuts.

Yup. Seems like the butthurt is a lot stronger this year than others.

When did people start getting so up in arms about 5th-7th rounders and UDFAs? Every move is not going to work out. And every move doesn't have to happen.

V3

Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington takes him. Everyone knows this year is going to be horrible for them and they are really bad on the O-line. They have nothing to lose by taking him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Well a 5th round pick is a valuable asset. He very well could be on the practice squad all year and go into camp next year and it will be all good. It is a risky maneuver though.
Yeah, but it's definitely a better pay out than 5th rounders usually merit to begin with. One you get into the last three rounds imo you're hoping for good depth, not too many guys in our league that are stellar players come from that round.

Not a hard pick to part ways with for a turnover like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if Washington takes him. Everyone knows this year is going to be horrible for them and they are really bad on the O-line. They have nothing to lose by taking him.
I don't see Washington going for another hotheaded prima donna while they're embroiled in the soap opera of the year with RG3. Adding more fuel into a fire like the one Gruden's got on his hands is probably the last thing they wanna do.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think when the Rams drafted Battle, they weren't sure how the other OL they picked up would work out, AND they figured there was a pretty good chance of some OL having a major injury in training camp, as happens many if not most years. Instead, the injuries on the OL were minor, and the draftees looked promising enough that the Rams couldn't keep Battle for half the season until he's possibly ready to play without getting the QB killed.

I suspect they've told him that if he makes it through waivers the Rams would probably want him back on the roster when an injury occurs, at least after a month or two. Until then work with the Rams' strength coach and line coach.

FRO

Legend
Yeah, but it's definitely a better pay out than 5th rounders usually merit to begin with. One you get into the last three rounds imo you're hoping for good depth, not too many guys in our league that are stellar players come from that round.

Not a hard pick to part ways with for a turnover like that.

I don't see Washington going for another hotheaded prima donna while they're embroiled in the soap opera of the year with RG3. Adding more fuel into a fire like the one Gruden's got on his hands is probably the last thing they wanna do.
Sio Moore was traded for a 6th round pick. He is a young talented LB. we traded a 5th round pick for Brandon Lloyd. 5th round picks can be good trade chips. If Battle was so far off that he couldn't make a roster spot, a 5th round pick is too rich of my blood to use.