Is Sam Bradford better than Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that NOT everyone knows that
And if Fisher and Snead knew that, I cant see how they traded him

Fisher and Snead are under pressure to win and want a qb who isn't coming off 2 acl tears in 2 years. If sam wasn't an injury risk they would have extended him for 5 years. Alas they traded him for a qb they think can stay on the field. You don't see it that way but the majority do.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher and Snead are under pressure to win and want a qb who isn't coming off 2 acl tears in 2 years. If sam wasn't an injury risk they would have extended him for 5 years. Alas they traded him for a qb they think can stay on the field. You don't see it that way but the majority do.

I'll wait to hear anything from Fisher that indicates he was concerned Sam wasn't going to be healthy enough to play this year

But what I hear you saying is that Fisher is coaching with his job on the line and would rather go with Foles than Bradford because Foles gives him a better chance to win. I agree with that.

iced

Now ... compare that to Bradford's ... then decide the term "injury prone"......

Foles has also hasn't been in the league as long and has missed atleast one game every season for injury

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any answer given is entirely based on personal opinion, so the answer is this.

Foles.

or.

Bradford.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll wait to hear anything from Fisher that indicates he was concerned Sam wasn't going to be healthy enough to play this year

But what I hear you saying is that Fisher is coaching with his job on the line and would rather go with Foles than Bradford because Foles gives him a better chance to win. I agree with that.

If that's what you're hearing you better get your ears checked.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

He's saying he'd rather go with Foles because he's less likely to get hurt, be out for the year and thus cost him his job! I think?!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's saying he'd rather go with Foles because he's less likely to get hurt, be out for the year and thus cost him his job! I think?!
I've never seen fisher say anything of the like. And considering Foles has missed time in each of his 3 seasons, he's not exactly an iron man either.
In any event I don't see Fisher making any rash decisions that would indicate he feels he's on the hot seat. Certainly didn't panic filling out his coaching staff, hasn't spemt wildly in free agency.
The way I see it is that he's building the team the way he likes it.
And apparently that includes our new QB, Foles

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's my take, for what it's worth;

SAM

There are some that strictly lean upon stats, and to those people... Sam will deliver on that; one of these years. The guy has serious arm talent and insanely smart on the field - can process fast - good decision making.

But... He blew his ACL running to the sideline.

Non contact.

It may never happen again, but we cannot overlook that possibility. A fluke injury could happen anytime, again.

For that reason, even if Sam blows it up this year, makes a run at the MVP... It's always a risk for him. It's difficult to sign him to a mega deal with that cloud looming, even though I probably would because the BOOM potential.

FOLES

He's not the same talent athletically. But, you don't do what he did in 2013 by scheme or luck. It takes talent. The talent is there.

He's young. His mechanics can be coached at this age.

Our offense might fit him better.

I make the trade for Foles and don't think twice.

Bradford may blossom, but under the circumstance you make this decision based on what you know today.

I'll still root for Bradford from afar, but Foles is my QB now.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
SAM is undeniably more talented but besides health imo Bradford problem was between the ears. He is not a aggressive type guy and isn't too apted to improvise. I've seen too many situations where he needed 6 yds for a 1st when it's a critical drive an decides to check down. I've seen him not try to buy time to let something develop and take a sack because he didn't climb the pocket or manipulate the pocket. Ive seen him miss so many wide open guys down the field cr he never looked that way... And the dagger is every game I've been too I've watched him walk off the field with his head down by himself while the other 10 players walked another direction after a failed drive. His body language sucks. As for Foles idk. Maybe he is the same way bur I hope not

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I think Bradford is a better pure passer and Foles is a better QB if that makes sense. It never looked like Sam had command of the Pro game to me. He looks like he can make throws and reads the coaches want. I don't see a Field General that will dissect D's and have D Coordinators up late at nights. He has terrible pocket feel and crumbles at any contact. The weird thing to me was he could tuck and run and do some Aaron Rodgers type damage with his legs, but he hardly ever would pull it down and go. He's very easy to defend IMO.

I haven't really watched Foles too much since he left Arizona, but I always liked his game. He's a big guy who will hang in there to try and make a play. Also he's crafty at extending the play when the pocket breaks down. He's not Brady or Manning, but he looks to have some decent feel for where the pressure is coming from. I think he can be highly effective if the running game gets cranked up. Don't ask Foles to sling it 40-50 times a game. 20-30 is ideal and 35 attempts max to be successful IMO.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Bradford probably has the better arm talent, but I'd take Foles because Bradford just can't stay on the field. He had the shoulder in college, the ankle in like 2011(?) and then the ACL's in 13' and 14'. If Bradford can get the injuries behind him and have weapons around him, I think he could be one of the better QB's in the game.
Foles has also hasn't been in the league as long and has missed atleast one game every season for injury
Are you kidding me .... the guy has been in the league brely 3 yrs and "at least one game every season? Really? That is your comparison to Sam Bradford's injury history? How bout you do a comparison of % of time lost? I'm not a math whiz ... but I cn guarantee you the results are drastically different and not even in the same ball park of possible games played and possible games missed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For all of you guys saying Bradford is "more talented" or "has better arm talent" then why haven't we seen more than a little bit here and there of anything like that?

Foles is clearly a better QB to date, and only a fool would gamble on Bradford in the future.

Kelly better trade Bradford or hope that Bradford can suddenly do things he has NEVER been able to do or he may see the roof cave in on him.

iced

Are you kidding me .... the guy has been in the league brely 3 yrs and "at least one game every season? Really? That is your comparison to Sam Bradford's injury history? How bout you do a comparison of % of time lost? I'm not a math whiz ... but I cn guarantee you the results are drastically different and not even in the same ball park of possible games played and possible games missed.

Again,I'm not comparing the two - hence why I threw out his injury history and just said "i'll let people make of it what they will"

but you can't ignore it in the same token - been on IR Twice in 3 seasons, already missed some game for a concussion.

he's not some iron man - but not saying he's gonna be in medical every day either...

and as i have pointed out - its our line that worries me...how many times have we been down to a 3rd or 4th stringer in the past 3 years because we can't keep a qb upright..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For all of you guys saying Bradford is "more talented" or "has better arm talent" then why haven't we seen more than a little bit here and there of anything like that?

We have at times.

OROY

2013 season before injury.

2014 preseason.

Quite simply; The guy has been injured the last 2 seasons.

Its an eye test thing.

A55VA6

Legend

Foles is clearly a better QB to date, and only a fool would gamble on Bradford in the future.

Kelly better trade Bradford or hope that Bradford can suddenly do things he has NEVER been able to do or he may see the roof cave in on him.
I think it's Bradford's decision making, as he tends to be too safe, too much.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We have at times.

OROY

2013 season before injury.

2014 preseason.

Quite simply; The guy has been injured the last 2 seasons.

Its an eye test thing.
Said exactly what I was going to say. We haven't seen it much because he can't stay up, not because it's not there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just curious. What are the things he's never been able to do?