Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's Only week one of the Pre Season, Wait until at least Week #3 before we start talking about QB 1-2-3!!
Yes but there are only 4 preseason games and probably only 3 that the 1s get any real time to play. With the performance he had against Dallas I'd like to see him get at least one game time opportunity with the 1s before the regular season starts.

I'm not naive enough to think he will be given a real shot ahead of Goff but I think a shot at proving he is a capable back up (God please don't put us in that situation this year) we have all witnessed what happened when our #1 guy went down 2 years in a row.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion is the best QB against 3rd and 4th stringers.......Not hating, he played well against those put before him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I sure hope mannion continues to progress. What separates him from Keenum is Mannion can make all the throws and keenum can't. If Mannion continues to progress as a game manager, he could very well pass Keenum because of his arm strength.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was a #1 overall and Mannion was drafted 89th overall by this front office.
Mannion was third on the depth charter before Goff's first preseason game.
If Mannion has such a good arm or had high upside this team wouldn't have traded up to grab a franchise QB.

I'm rooting for and like Mannion as much as the next guy but to include him in the conversation as having a future on this team as anything other than a backup is wishful thinking.

Just one fan opinion...
Actually I think Kroenke might have had an influence in picking up Goff. Just maybe.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes but there are only 4 preseason games and probably only 3 that the 1s get any real time to play. With the performance he had against Dallas I'd like to see him get at least one game time opportunity with the 1s before the regular season starts.

I'm not naive enough to think he will be given a real shot ahead of Goff but I think a shot at proving he is a capable back up (God please don't put us in that situation this year) we have all witnessed what happened when our #1 guy went down 2 years in a row.
Fisher usually Plays his starting line-up in week 4 of the Pre Seasons not week 3 like most Teams, we'll see!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Dxmissile
After Saturday's second half performance is it time for Mannion to get the nod to start while Goff comes up to speed?
I'm ready to go with Mannion as Goff's backup....and cut Keenum, basically the same guys, with more talented arm belonging to Mannion....Neither of those two even LOOKED downfield...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I read some of these posts and I think to myself really? Are there that many Rams fans still doubting him? Has the sports social media given them doubt? The press clippings, the camp reports, the limited action and the way he played vs the Cowboys? For real some of the best, wisest Rams fans actually believe Goff isn't going to be ready to start week 1.

I see Goff starting week 1 and I have no doubts about that in my heart or mind.... Absolutely none... Week 1 at the 49ers, no matter how well Keenum and Mannion play the next 2 or 3 preseason games. Jared Thomas Goff will be under center at San Francisco on Monday September 12, 2016.

The only way Goff doesn't start is if he gets injured or his QB skill set gets worse over the next 3 weeks. Is an injury possible? sure it is..... but more importantly is a player going to get worse at his craft in the next 3 weeks when he's working his ass off and getting valuable knowledge, reps and experience every single day he's on the practice field and studying in the film room?

With 3 more dress rehearsals before week 1 of the regular season, JG will win the approval of Fisher, Boras and Weinke and honestly I think he already has but Fisher is being very coy & wise about how he's letting this all play out.

On a final note for those that think Goff wasn't worth trading up for....... I've seen every game of his since his freshman year to the last pass he threw in the Armed Forces Bowl and some of them 2 and 3 times.

I do not think I'm the lord of evaluating QB's and absolutely do not hold my opinion above anyone that thinks he was a reach or still thinks he's overrated. I have my own convictions with all the time invested on his career film review without giving 2 cents of a care about him until combine when I started watching film of Lynch thinking that Paxton was a strong possibility at the #15 pick.

I moved on to Goff and Wentz and became a believer before the trade was made and even more after the trade, when I went on a office lock-down Wentz and Goff film review marathon. I was a zombie for days and worthless at work lol.

I will admit that I would make that trade again 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. If the Colts GM had to have a little more for the trade to go down, I would've given another 3rd round pick in the 2017 or 2018 NFL draft. If Goff doesn't start week 1, I will ban myself of mentioning his name or any other QB conversations on ROD until the days he does.

a59b6c48-cd0c-e611-bef0-a0369f3c1b4c_original.jpg

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Dxmissile
I'm ready to go with Mannion as Goff's backup....and cut Keenum, basically the same guys, with more talented arm belonging to Mannion....Neither of those two even LOOKED downfield...
I'm with you on that completely
And Keenum didn't even look downfield before his ill advised run on 3rd and 7.
That came up about 6 yards short...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For real some of the best, wisest Rams fans actually believe Goff isn't going to be ready to start week 1.
c'mon....the wisest ram fan is right with you...;)

Keenum didn't even look downfield before his ill advised run on 3rd and 7.
That came up about 6 yards short...
exactly....like he was determined to NOT try and move the ball....plays SUPER SCARED now...who the hell wants to start the season with that???? Unless we're tanking...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
c'mon....the wisest ram fan is right with you...;)

exactly....like he was determined to NOT try and move the ball....plays SUPER SCARED now...who the hell wants to start the season with that???? Unless we're tanking...
Keenum runs the prevent offense

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
To talk and discuss a difference of opinions. Not everyone here on this board agreed with the trade. While we all want Goff to succeed because that means the team will succeed it doesnt mean the dialogue has to close.

I want all the names of those who still do not agree with the trade? after the next 2 preseason games 100 one handed push-ups from everyone single one of you... :redcard:........:cool:

rockypushups.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Florida_Ram lol I am 1 that didnt agree with the trade i would be more than happy to do thise push ups but have a doctor nearby because im more likely to break something trying to do that

rdw

Pro Bowler
I want all the names of those who still do not agree with the trade? after the next 2 preseason games 100 one handed push-ups from everyone single one of you... :redcard:........:cool:

rockypushups.gif
I'm out of breath just watching that gif..

ausmurp

Starter
Mannions arm is nowhere near Goff's. Goffs accuracy is way better. That being said, Mannions pro offense exp from college, 1 yr into the NFL, and his intangibles are BETTER than Goffs. He was the 3rd QB taken last yr. Don't sleep on him.