Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Mannion is example A why there should be a developmental league.

Where a guy like him can get reps and playing time.

Eyewitnesses report that Mannion has the best arm of the 3. Continued extra work would pay off in my opinion.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mannion will get plenty of time Saturday and an extended look in Game 4. I'll be curious to see how he does. The floor for playing against 3rd stringers should be pretty high. I actually expected him to look how he did. Anything less would mean the kid should be looking over his shoulder for a draft pick next year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mannion is example A why there should be a developmental league.

Where a guy like him can get reps and playing time.

Eyewitnesses report that Mannion has the best arm of the 3. Continued extra work would pay off in my opinion.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. QB play and coaching have suffered the most from lack of a developmental league.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do people make post like this? It was one preseason game.

To talk and discuss a difference of opinions. Not everyone here on this board agreed with the trade. While we all want Goff to succeed because that means the team will succeed it doesnt mean the dialogue has to close.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I just dont see how you can have a legitimate discussion after one exhibition game. Thats all

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After Saturday's second half performance is it time for Mannion to get the nod to start while Goff comes up to speed?

"Mannion undoubtedly made some good plays on Saturday, helping engineer the Rams’ fourth-quarter comeback victory over Dallas. The quarterback played the entire second half, completing 18 of his 25 passes for 147 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception."

I know it wasn't against the 1s but after a game like this I think it is time for him to get a pre-season start to see if he is ready for that level.
It's Only week one of the Pre Season, Wait until at least Week #3 before we start talking about QB 1-2-3!!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think if he keeps playing this well for the rest of the preseason, then we can worry about what happens after that.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Goff was a #1 overall and Mannion was drafted 89th overall by this front office.
Mannion was third on the depth charter before Goff's first preseason game.
If Mannion has such a good arm or had high upside this team wouldn't have traded up to grab a franchise QB.

I'm rooting for and like Mannion as much as the next guy but to include him in the conversation as having a future on this team as anything other than a backup is wishful thinking.

Just one fan opinion...

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was a #1 overall and Mannion was drafted 89th overall by this front office.
Mannion was third on the depth charter before Goff's first preseason game.
If Mannion has such a good arm or had high upside this team wouldn't have traded up to grab a franchise QB.

I'm rooting for and like Mannion as much as the next guy but to include him in the conversation as having a future on this team as anything other than a backup is wishful thinking.

Just one fan opinion...

There has been plenty of 3rd rounders or later that became the starter on a team with a number 1 pick.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taken from an article from therams.com

But Goff, of course, is not the only quarterback on the roster. And between Goff, Case Keenum,Sean Mannion, and Dylan Thompson, Fisher said Monday he feels the QBs room is in a better spot than it has been in the past.

"I'm happy with that right now and now it's just a matter of Case leading this football team, Sean positioning himself to come in and back up if need be, and then Jared just pushing himself to where he eventually becomes 'that guy' for us," Fisher said.

I find that strange how fisher worded the backup spot.. have we had it wrong all along is Mannion the number 2 while they groom Goff.

rdw

Pro Bowler
There has been plenty of 3rd rounders or later that became the starter on a team with a number 1 pick.
KKC8tFH.gif

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am all for keeping the PAC 12 Qbs. Keenum I would bump to 3rd and consider trading this year and get another PAC 12 QB. I think the dynamic would work great for us to keep PAC 12 QBs...I dont know just a thought.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rumor has it , he's had the best training camp of the three

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
In 1 of the 3 TC practices I attended, Mannion had a better day than CK and JG, but I would not say that that makes him the better QB. IMO SM has nothing to lose so it is in his best interest to get the ball out quickly and to the right receiver, which he did on Aug 8, and for the most part against the cowboys. Where as CK and JG are both competing for the #1 spot, so they are more careful and at times hold the ball to long. We already know what we have in CK and that he is good enough to win games as long as he limits his mistakes. Once JG gets confident with what he sees he will begin getting the ball out quicker and with accuracy and it will be clear to all that JG is the best QB on the Rams.

A55VA6

Legend
No. He's the 3rd best QB on our team. He might be ahead of Goff right now in terms of understanding the offense but when it comes to pure throwing ability, footwork, etc. he's the 3rd best.

But that's just my opinion I guess.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Rams QB Ratings.JPG

Madden ratings have Mannion as the 3rd best QB on the roster, and we all know the ratings are extremely accurate! :sneaky: