Interesting Fanpost from Hogs Haven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What do you think the Redskins would offer for Bradford at this point?
Depends on the level of desperation they get to, at this point I don't think they're in full on panic mode, so offers would probably be 4th maybe, 3rd. They'd have to give something of merit since he's still an asset to the Rams, so Fisher won't let them walk away with Bradford giving up only two 7s, but they won't oversell for Bradford with his history unless they're simply too desperate to say no. If things continue to fall apart in Washington though I could see them giving up a 2nd to get him in full on panic and regroup mode. Especially for a QB, panic mode is pretty much a godsend for people trying to ship QBs. Especially with a weak free agent QB market and draft.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who are you going to take with that pick that is guaranteed?
I never said any pick would be a guarantee but Bradford isn't any closer and will cost a fortune(I seriously doubt he'll take what people are suggesting). The closest thing to being guaranteed in all of this is Bradford getting injured again at some point. And even beyond that, he never showed that he's even worth all the risk of sticking with him. He had some solid moments but that's it.

V3

Hall of Fame
sam would be better restructuring his contract with us
He'd be better off declining any restructure so the Rams release him and he can go to a team with better protection and more weapons like Buffalo. If I were him, I'd tell the Rams to either keep me for the last year of my rookie contract or release me. Why stay with a team with a bad O-line and only one or two weapons and a bad OC for like $6 million for one year when he could easily get a multi year deal worth more than that with someone like Buffalo where he'd probably be more successful if he can stay healthy?

lasvegasrams

Rookie
He'd be better off declining any restructure so the Rams release him and he can go to a team with better protection and more weapons like Buffalo. If I were him, I'd tell the Rams to either keep me for the last year of my rookie contract or release me. Why stay with a team with a bad O-line and only one or two weapons and a bad OC for like $6 million for one year when he could easily get a multi year deal worth more than that with someone like Buffalo where he'd probably be more successful if he can stay healthy?

i really don't think anyone would sign him for a multi year contract as a starter with his injury record

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
i really don't think anyone would sign him for a multi year contract as a starter with his injury record
I wouldn't say that. Teams desperate for a QB do some crazy shit. Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Fitzpatrick come to mind.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not capologist, but it seems the Rams only see the cap relief from Bradford by releasing him.
If they traded him, dont they take the cap hit?

If the Rams kept Bradford under the current terms of his contract, his CAP hit will be close to $16.5mil. in 2015. Traded or released, his CAP hit would amount to his 'dead money' cost, about $3.5 mil.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I wouldn't say that. Teams desperate for a QB do some crazy crap. Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Fitzpatrick come to mind.

True, but none of those guys were out for a season and a half before getting signed. I hope he stays, and restructures.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Which is more likely? That Sam is re-injured or that Shameis makes another boneheaded decision? Don't bother to answer the question as it is purely speculative on both of our behalves but if I were in a position to make the decision I would take my chances on Same 10 out of 10 times.
But we've taken our chances with Sam and lost.. Twice. And he's been nothing special when he has played, why settle for average when you could trade up for a potential star?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I never said any pick would be a guarantee but Bradford isn't any closer and will cost a fortune(I seriously doubt he'll take what people are suggesting). The closest thing to being guaranteed in all of this is Bradford getting injured again at some point. And even beyond that, he never showed that he's even worth all the risk of sticking with him. He had some solid moments but that's it.
Nailed it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams kept Bradford under the current terms of his contract, his CAP hit will be close to $16.5mil. in 2015. Traded or released, his CAP hit would amount to his 'dead money' cost, about $3.5 mil.
Got it. So if a team trades for him, they take on his 13 mill salary and take the cap hit on the entire amount unless THEY restructure it?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
But we've taken our chances with Sam and lost.. Twice. And he's been nothing special when he has played, why settle for average when you could trade up for a potential star?
True, but two of those guys were relative nobodies that nobody knew about that still got a shit ton thrown their way, hell even Fitzpatrick had been EXPOSED with the Bills and still two teams grabbed him up to start. I think Bradford, who has more talent than those three combined could command something even with his injury history.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Why? We could get Winston with that pick. ;)

Just for the record, I highly doubt anybody would give the asking price it would take to get Bradford.

V3

Hall of Fame
Teams get desperate. Buffalo is going to be one. They traded away their first pick for next year and the QB they just drafted last year they've already demoted. They are going nowhere unless they get a different QB. For them it makes sense to go high risk because they don't have many other options to fix their QB position. They could be a really good team if they just had a QB. Offensive weapons, two good RBs, a good OL, and a solid defense.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Respectfully disagree about about average, especially considering the surrounding circumstances. Trading up for "potential" is potentially a disaster waiting to happen, IMO.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
True, but two of those guys were relative nobodies that nobody knew about that still got a crap ton thrown their way, hell even Fitzpatrick had been EXPOSED with the Bills and still two teams grabbed him up to start. I think Bradford, who has more talent than those three combined could command something even with his injury history.

Can't rely on him lasting a season though, that's the problem. Give Sam a new team with a new OC and I'm sure he could be very decent.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Respectfully disagree about about average, especially considering the surrounding circumstances. Trading up for "potential" is potentially a disaster waiting to happen, IMO.

With every draft pick you are drafting for potential though? There are no guarantees with any draft pick.

What we can deal with are facts
Fact is Bradford has played 6.5 games for us in 2 seasons.
Time to move on

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
With every draft pick you are drafting for potential though? There are no guarantees with any draft pick.

What we can deal with are facts
Fact is Bradford has played 6.5 games for us in 2 seasons.
Time to move on
My point exactly. The devil you know or the devil you don't? Sam has proven he is capable of playing at the NFL level, no one in the draft has. Anyone drafted has the potential of injury.