Interesting Fanpost from Hogs Haven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BKBISTRO

UDFA
Just ran across this article from the SB Nation Redskins site. In the body of the article I put in bold the interesting part.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/11/17/7232879/the-rg3-era-is-over

The RG3 Era Is Over
By Chris in Fairfax on Nov 17 2014, 1:15a 25

NEVER MISS REDSKINS BREAKING NEWS!
FOLLOW HOGS HAVEN ON TWITTER
LIKE HOGS HAVEN FACEBOOK
 TWEET (1) SHARE (18)  SHARE 25 COMMENTS ⋆ REC 2
It just is. I still say the trade was the right decision, everything was going according to plan until the kid just got hurt. You take that risk any time your draft anyone. He got hurt, what can we do? Griffin has amazing drive and wants to win, but he doesn't know how and this isn't an organization for someone like that. He got hurt, his was poisoned by a jealous coach, and now must prove himself to someone who doesn't even want him. It's just time to cut our loses and agree that this experiment is over. We tried, he tried, but our dysfunctional organization is no place for someone looking to become bigger than the team, who is looking to build a personal brand outside of the team. I don't blame Griffin, if these players for all they do to themselves want to get paid, do it. But it is just not working. Our Alumni Affairs Director GM Bruce Allen is not the man with a sufficient football mind to make this work with a diva like RG3.

We had two weeks to prepare for a 1-8 team and got demolished. Two weeks. Through the two weeks all that is talked about, all that is asked of the players and coaches, is RG3. He's become bigger than the team, everything in this organization now revolves around the every day utterances of a third year quarterback. It can't be like that. You can't win like that. Nobody can. We need to find some normalcy, a quarterback like a Carson Palmer, a veteran who can just come in and play without their every utterance being used to measure the temperature of the team. Today was embarrassing. As embarrassing a loss as I have ever watched. I am worried because we have found some talent worth building around - Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams,Alfred Morris, Keenan Robinson, Beshad Breeland - but it being wasted on a team full of unprofessional and needless high school drama.

Here are some steps I would take.

1. Release RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Both are disasters.
  2. Sign QB Sam Bradford and re-sign QB Colt McCoy. This might see like a curious thing, to trade one injury prone quarterback for another, but Bradford will bring none of the personal baggage that Griffin has and his skillset may better suit what Jay Gruden is attempting to do. While his ACL injuries are concerning, he wasn't a track star and his play has never been based on that.
  3. Be smart in free agency. I must admit the last few years have been welcomed in their restraint, no matter that it was forced on them. Let's spend some, hopefully on the secondary and some veteran leadership on the offensive line. We'll see if they can help themselves.
  4. 2015 Draft (per Fanspeak mock draft):
Ronnd 1: OT Brandon Sherff - Iowa

Round 2. S Cody Prewitt - Ole Miss

Round 3: DT Christian Covington - Rice

Round 4: RB Duke Johnson - Miami

Round 5: C David Andrews - Georgia

Round 6: QB Taylor Kelly - Arizona State

Round 7: OT Rob Havenstein - Wisconsin

On the bright side, Bradley Beal is back on Friday ... so go Wiz! Right?

Big Game

Living The Dream
Wow RG3 has become that much of a problem. And this writer even suggested signing Bradford. Lets see if you give us your first rounder you have a deal lol.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
hahahahahah
No way.
Snyder is going to make the same offer to Oak. for Winstons rights as he did the Rams for Bob3.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Just ran across this article from the SB Nation Redskins site. In the body of the article I put in bold the interesting part.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/11/17/7232879/the-rg3-era-is-over

The RG3 Era Is Over
By Chris in Fairfax on Nov 17 2014, 1:15a 25

NEVER MISS REDSKINS BREAKING NEWS!
FOLLOW HOGS HAVEN ON TWITTER
LIKE HOGS HAVEN FACEBOOK
 TWEET (1) SHARE (18)  SHARE 25 COMMENTS ⋆ REC 2
It just is. I still say the trade was the right decision, everything was going according to plan until the kid just got hurt. You take that risk any time your draft anyone. He got hurt, what can we do? Griffin has amazing drive and wants to win, but he doesn't know how and this isn't an organization for someone like that. He got hurt, his was poisoned by a jealous coach, and now must prove himself to someone who doesn't even want him. It's just time to cut our loses and agree that this experiment is over. We tried, he tried, but our dysfunctional organization is no place for someone looking to become bigger than the team, who is looking to build a personal brand outside of the team. I don't blame Griffin, if these players for all they do to themselves want to get paid, do it. But it is just not working. Our Alumni Affairs Director GM Bruce Allen is not the man with a sufficient football mind to make this work with a diva like RG3.

We had two weeks to prepare for a 1-8 team and got demolished. Two weeks. Through the two weeks all that is talked about, all that is asked of the players and coaches, is RG3. He's become bigger than the team, everything in this organization now revolves around the every day utterances of a third year quarterback. It can't be like that. You can't win like that. Nobody can. We need to find some normalcy, a quarterback like a Carson Palmer, a veteran who can just come in and play without their every utterance being used to measure the temperature of the team. Today was embarrassing. As embarrassing a loss as I have ever watched. I am worried because we have found some talent worth building around - Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams,Alfred Morris, Keenan Robinson, Beshad Breeland - but it being wasted on a team full of unprofessional and needless high school drama.

Here are some steps I would take.

1. Release RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Both are disasters.
  2. Sign QB Sam Bradford and re-sign QB Colt McCoy. This might see like a curious thing, to trade one injury prone quarterback for another, but Bradford will bring none of the personal baggage that Griffin has and his skillset may better suit what Jay Gruden is attempting to do. While his ACL injuries are concerning, he wasn't a track star and his play has never been based on that.
  3. Be smart in free agency. I must admit the last few years have been welcomed in their restraint, no matter that it was forced on them. Let's spend some, hopefully on the secondary and some veteran leadership on the offensive line. We'll see if they can help themselves.
  4. 2015 Draft (per Fanspeak mock draft):
Ronnd 1: OT Brandon Sherff - Iowa

Round 2. S Cody Prewitt - Ole Miss

Round 3: DT Christian Covington - Rice

Round 4: RB Duke Johnson - Miami

Round 5: C David Andrews - Georgia

Round 6: QB Taylor Kelly - Arizona State

Round 7: OT Rob Havenstein - Wisconsin

On the bright side, Bradley Beal is back on Friday ... so go Wiz! Right?
From Washington's standpoint if they are done with RGIII this would be a valid option of going after Bradford. Same injury history kind of, better, no drama player. They would pay him big cash money guaranteed. So might a couple other teams that can't get in the draft the QB they want.

This is why dealing with Bradford after the season has to be done right. If he gets on the market it might not be a good thing for the Rams.

Not if I'm making the call!

I personally wouldn't do it, but if I did, it would cost them their 1st,4th, and 6th round picks this year!!

Depends on two things for me, 1 where are we drafting, 2 how much of a pay cut will Sam take.

If Washington + our picks were enough to offer Oakland to go get Mariota I'd do it without a moment's hesitation. If Sam won't take a pay cut, I'm cutting him anyway, so would do it without a moment's hesitation. If we're outside the range of Mariota, and inside the range of Hundley regardless, and Sam will take a massive paycut then I'm still considering it.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Too bad Bradford is still under contract with the Rams. You can't sign a guy thats on another team last I checked.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Who are you going to take with that pick that is guaranteed?
Nothing is guaranteed, but more importantly, it's fairly guaranteed that Bradford will pick up another injury down the line.
I'd rather take a chance with mr crabs leg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Nothing is guaranteed, but more importantly, it's fairly guaranteed that Bradford will pick up another injury down the line.
I'd rather take a chance with mr crabs leg
Which is more likely? That Sam is re-injured or that Shameis makes another boneheaded decision? Don't bother to answer the question as it is purely speculative on both of our behalves but if I were in a position to make the decision I would take my chances on Same 10 out of 10 times.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I doubt Washington could afford such a deal. Between the near $7.mil in dead money to drop RG3 and picking up Bradford's $13.mil salary, ... that's a $20.mil. CAP hit.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If the Rams release Bradford (which is the only way another team can sign him) I don't think another team will pay him anything near what he's due to make next year under his current deal.
Not with his injury history.

If he's released, I'd be willing to bet the Redskins (or whoever) would be able to sign him to a reasonable deal. If they wanted to, of course.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A healthy Bradford would do well in the Jay Gruden offense. Washington could definately be a landing spot for him.
I'm not capologist, but it seems the Rams only see the cap relief from Bradford by releasing him.
If they traded him, dont they take the cap hit?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
A healthy Bradford would do well in the Jay Gruden offense. Washington could definately be a landing spot for him.
I'm not capologist, but it seems the Rams only see the cap relief from Bradford by releasing him.
If they traded him, dont they take the cap hit?

Not sure about that. I do remember that the Rams get first shot at resigning him if they want because Bradford won't go through waivers.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I give them Sam in a heartbeat if they wet my whistle. We get more draft picks, Sam gets to go some place to play that can afford to hope on him.