Interesting Fanpost from Hogs Haven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The dead money is there no matter what. I got it. What I was saying is that if the Rams trade him, the team that gets him is now on the hook for a 13mill salary AND 13 mill cap hit. So they would have to extend/restructure whatever to alleviate taking that hit themself?
Seems like a lot of risk for a team to take, trading for Sam and that big number. No guarantee Sam extends.

Exactly.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I simply think that Bradford, in spite of injury, has more talent than anyone available by way of draft or trade. His salary has already been accounted for so even if we can't work out an incentive based extension, IMO he is still the best option.

This. The Rams will be the only viable option for Bradford. He can risk getting 16 mil for one season and getting released if he has a mediocre season, or have an extended contract to where he's about 9 million for 3 years, with incentives....or I'm sure Snead would come up with something way more genius than that.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I simply think that Bradford, in spite of injury, has more talent than anyone available by way of draft or trade. His salary has already been accounted for so even if we can't work out an incentive based extension, IMO he is still the best option.

There's lots of ways to build a team, and your opinion is just as good as mine (maybe better, who knows)

I just think the money allocated for his salary could address one or two holes or upgrades for the Rams. That's how I'm looking at the situation.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
There's lots of ways to build a team, and your opinion is just as good as mine (maybe better, who knows)

I just think the money allocated for his salary could address one or two holes or upgrades for the Rams. That's how I'm looking at the situation.
Fair enough! After all, we're all armchair GMs at heart, aren't we?

lasvegasrams

Rookie

I actually see both sides of your points. It just all depends on if Bradford restructures or not, cuz we can definitely use that money for upgrades (cough secondary cough)

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I actually see both sides of your points. It just all depends on if Bradford restructures or not, cuz we can definitely use that money for upgrades (cough secondary cough)

If Bradford's agents are any good at all they won't let him take a penny less from the Rams without testing the market first.

Before it's all said and done, it wouldn't surprise me if Bradford asks for his release.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I feel the same way, it's very obvious RG3 has worn out his welcome in Washington, and the feeling is mutual. Nobody likes him there and he doesn't like anybody there. Question just becomes who do they trade him for and what do they get for him. I doubt they trade QB for QB, since no team with a QB is gonna trade for him. That means they'll have to give to a desperate team, which means they'll be out of a QB with Cousins being exposed and all, but will they even have enough? I doubt they'll take RG3 up front, so they'll have to throw in incentive, will they have the picks or players necessary to get a QB out of anybody or even be able to draft one in this weak class?

its a difficult one for Washington. at least we can cut our losses with sam at the end of this year and move on cleanly. I bet Washington fans must feel sick after given away 3 first rounders for a QB who takes a 5 step drop when it should be 3...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If Bradford's agents are any good at all they won't let him take a penny less from the Rams without testing the market first.

Before it's all said and done, it wouldn't surprise me if Bradford asks for his release.
I've always been a big Bradford fan, and hope he's back in horns next year, but if he insists on getting the scheduled salary on his contract for next year, the Rams CAN'T do it.

If he did ask for his release for that reason, I'd grant it in a heartbeat.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

But best option for when? the future of the franchise? na, not happy with that. Can't have the future of the franchise in someone who cant stay healthy.
Now if you're talking about next year, then yeah, Sam will probably be better than any QB we could draft.. to START with anyway.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His salary has already been accounted for so even if we can't work out an incentive based extension, IMO he is still the best option.
Not sure I understand what you mean by that? His salary for 2014 is accounted for, yeah. But for 2015? Only the dead money is accounted for. The other 13 mill he's due is certainly not accounted for

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Not sure I understand what you mean by that? His salary for 2014 is accounted for, yeah. But for 2015? Only the dead money is accounted for. The other 13 mill he's due is certainly not accounted for
The FO accounted for that 2015 salary at the time the contract was signed. It has been in their plans all along. I am certain they would be willing to reduce it at this point but it has already been accounted for.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I can understand why you would like their pick, but Cousins is of zero use to me...A decent back-up can be had for less than him, I'm sure...Contrary to what a lot of people were going ape-crap about, Cousins is nothing more than a decent back-up ib my eyes...

You awnsered your own question, a decent back up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The FO accounted for that 2015 salary at the time the contract was signed. It has been in their plans all along. I am certain they would be willing to reduce it at this point but it has already been accounted for.
Its not guaranteed money, so its not on the books for 15 yet. Only the dead money is accounted for. I guess I'm not understanding your defintion of the term.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Its not guaranteed money, so its not on the books for 15 yet. Only the dead money is accounted for. I guess I'm not understanding your defintion of the term.
Perhaps "accounted for" was a bit strong. Revise to "been in their plans" because I am certain the injuries were not.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perhaps "accounted for" was a bit strong. Revise to "been in their plans" because I am certain the injuries were not.
Not about Bradford per say, but I dont think the back end of contracts are a sign of a player being in the plans either. The big contracts are written front loaded and rarely do they ever come to full term. If the player doesnt live up to the contract, the team can get out of it low cost. If the player did live up to it they sign an extension before the last year. This conversation is pretty much about semantics, I'm not trying to argue.
No way they would or should have known.
Had it been his shoulder, then shame on them. This bad stroke of luck with the knee? Could have happened to any player, and too bad for #8 it was him
If released hs is willing to come back on 4-5 mill deal, I'd kick the tires. On the full freight of that 13 mill?? Not a chance

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would trade Sam to Washington in a three way deal with Oakland or another team to insure that the Rams get Winston or Carr....however that needs to be done.

The new L.A. Rams with a young hotshot QB is the NFLs wet dream to kick off their L.A. Fantasy. Goodell will make it happen.

I don't care where they are though, as long as they solve the QB situation pronto, while the team is hitting its prime.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The new L.A. Rams with a young hotshot QB is the NFLs wet dream to kick off their L.A. Fantasy. Goodell will make it happen.

That would be great, but how could that be if theyre stuck with Winston or Carr???