Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-starting-cornerback-tony-lippett-for-season/

Dolphins lose starting cornerback Tony Lippett for season
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 15, 2017

631230416-e1502807350651.jpg

Getty Images

The Dolphins are down a starting cornerback.

Tony Lippett has a torn Achilles tendon and will miss the entire season.

Lippett, who started 13 games last season, was a 2015 fifth-round draft pick of the Dolphins. He suffered the injury during Monday’s practice.

The injury is a significant blow to the Dolphins’ defense and special teams: Lippett played 75 percent of the Dolphins’ defensive snaps and 36 percent of the Dolphins’ special teams snaps last season.

Lippett’s torn Achilles is another piece of bad luck for a Dolphins team that has already lost starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill for the season after a practice injury.

Miame GM - "Hello, Les? Hey how are things out there on the left coast? Quick question, you got any spare corner backs available? You know, starter quality. No the contract cost are not a factor."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Colts' center Ryan Kelly needs foot surgery and expected to miss time in the regular season. Their backup center Schwenke (cal grad) also on PUP atm.
wow....those are 2 nice centers....

did someone post the firing of the New Orleans doctors???

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...fter-misdiagnosing-delvin-breauxs-broken-leg/
The Saints have fired team orthopedists Deryk Jones and Misty Suri, according to ESPN.com's Mike Triplett, after cornerback Delvin Breaux was discovered to have a broken fibula following the original diagnosis that it was just a bruise.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
same shoulder but apparently unrelated.
Remember danario alexander? I remember a doctor saying that his knees would just keep going through various injuries because they'd be trying to compensate for his major injury. Wonder if fosters muscle tissue is compromised from dealing with the affects of his other injury

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wonder if fosters muscle tissue is compromised from dealing with the affects of his other injury
I read a lot of doctors thought the surgery wasn't done correctly and he needed a follow-up procedure....probably needs to go in and clean it up...lot's of muscle tissue to cover the shoulder joint...not as much around a knee.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read a lot of doctors thought the surgery wasn't done correctly and he needed a follow-up procedure....probably needs to go in and clean it up...lot's of muscle tissue to cover the shoulder joint...not as much around a knee.
Strange. Wish him the best but hopefully he doesn't terrorize the rams

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hopefully he doesn't terrorize the rams
Two franchise altering MLB's in this draft...maybe 3....the dude outta Ohio St. that blew out his knee on Miami....Ruben Foster, and Jarrad Davis...he plays for the Lions. I liked him the best.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Sounds like the "victim" in the Sean Smith case is his sisters boyfriend who was beating her.

Probably should have tossed this'n in the arrests thread. Sorry mods.

Sign me up for jury duty on this one! I know which way I would vote for Sean.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign me up for jury duty on this one! I know which way I would vote for Sean.
I don't have any facts, just read the headlines on this -
He def has an understandable reason for beating someone up. But does that justify in court? Im thinking it can definitely lessen the degree of his punishment. How do these work? Plus, the other guy should also be charged for domestic violence if true.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I don't have any facts, just read the headlines on this -
He def has an understandable reason for beating someone up. But does that justify in court? I'm thinking it can definitely lessen the degree of his punishment. How do these work? Plus, the other guy should also be charged for domestic violence if true.
Of course it doesn't justify it in a court of law. If you were to follow the letter of the law and the instructions from the judge, you must put aside any personal feelings and remain impartial. Of course we have seen time and again where this is not the case and people are either convicted or released based on the juries feelings instead of case law. As far as a sentencing, that is up to the judge and he has minimum and maximum penalties he can impose. It is very rare that a judge will throw out those guidelines, it is political suicide (judges are appointed or elected depending).

Now remember, in a case such as this the jury must come to a unanimous agreement on either guilt or innocence. If one juror holds out and goes against the majority opinion, well back to the drawing board for the DA's office. I'm sure there is some legal mind on here that will say if that one juror does not have a compelling argument for going against the others, that juror could be replaced. So just don't go in there and say I feel he is or isn't guilty, I really think you must have some bases for those feelings.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

EDIT: I do have some strong personal feelings about men that beat or sexually assault women. Castration is the starting point. Let's reduce some of those hormones!