Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
How did they do it in the old days? I heard an interview with an NFL Greybeard who played in the 80's, and besides two-a-days in camp with live tackling, starters would would play the whole first game of preseason, in a six game Preseason....Steadily reducing starters until only rookies and back ups were playing in games five and six....

I remember the 80's of course and the six game preseason (hated it!)....don't remember when the starters played, nor how long they played, however.

When I was a boy, we didn't have no fancy shmancy helmets, or personal trainers. I used to snap my ACL 'bout every week. Well I would just tie that sucker off, and get back into action the next play! And we LIKED IT!!:mrburns:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/13/lions-fear-kerry-hyder-tore-his-achilles/

Lions fear Kerry Hyder tore his Achilles
Posted by Charean Williams on August 13, 2017

831119740-e1502665748880.jpg

Getty Images

Lions defensive end Kerry Hyder has a “significant Achilles injury,” coach Jim Caldwell said after Sunday’s preseason game against the Colts. Although Caldwell wouldn’t go into detail about the diagnosis until Hyder undergoes further medical tests, the Lions fear Hyder tore his Achilles, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

It’s significant. The doctors, that’s the initial impression [that it’s significant],” Caldwell said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN. “When we have something certain, we’ll release it. But I’ll tell you it’s significant.”

Hyder, who led the Lions with eight sacks last season, was rushing Colts quarterback Scott Tolzien when he fell to the ground. He grabbed the back of his left leg and left in a cart.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man I wish I didn't peruse this thread. Some serious bad luck going on for teams

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I snapped mine in half like a twig in May, and broke 4 ribs. I'm fully recovered now, and have been for over a month. I'd be scared to play football though.
We need someone to go in for Zeke. RYNIE, get in there!
~Jason Garrett:cheers:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Paul Richardson made a really great leaping catch for the seagulls. Walked into the locker room with the trainer. Seemed very minor seeing as he was able to walk.