Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/26/mri-confirms-julian-edelman-acl-tear/

MRI confirms Julian Edelman ACL tear
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2017

829665840-e1503765339594.jpg

Getty Images

The Patriots feared the worst when Julian Edelman suffered a knee injury on Friday night, and now an MRI has confirmed the worst.

Edelman suffered a complete tear of his ACL, Albert Breer of The MMQB reports. That’s almost certainly a season-ending injury.

That’s a major blow for New England: Last year Edelman was by far the Patriots’ top receiver, with 98 catches for 1,106 yards. No one else on the team came within 35 catches or 400 yards of Edelman’s total.

If there’s any team that can afford to lose its No. 1 receiver, it’s the Patriots: They’re loaded at the offensive skill positions. And Tom Brady has shown that he can run the offense even when his receiving corps is depleted.

But for the first time this offseason, the defending champions have suffered a significant loss. New England is still the favorite to win the Super Bowl, but not quite as strong a favorite as it was 24 hours ago, before Edelman went down.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Sucks for the Pats to lose Edelman. But Gronk is (currently) healthy, and their stable of pass-catching running backs is simply absurd. Plus they'll probably have Amendola step into Edelman's over-the-middle security-blanket spot.

Step back, but the Pats can absorb it.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Sucks for the Pats to lose Edelman. But Gronk is (currently) healthy, and their stable of pass-catching running backs is simply absurd. Plus they'll probably have Amendola step into Edelman's over-the-middle security-blanket spot.

Blah blah blah, the Hell with those guys!:LOL:

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/26/mri-confirms-julian-edelman-acl-tear/

Getty Images

The Patriots feared the worst when Julian Edelman suffered a knee injury on Friday night, and now an MRI has confirmed the worst.

Edelman suffered a complete tear of his ACL, Albert Breer of The MMQB reports. That’s almost certainly a season-ending injury.

That’s a major blow for New England: Last year Edelman was by far the Patriots’ top receiver, with 98 catches for 1,106 yards. No one else on the team came within 35 catches or 400 yards of Edelman’s total.

If there’s any team that can afford to lose its No. 1 receiver, it’s the Patriots: They’re loaded at the offensive skill positions. And Tom Brady has shown that he can run the offense even when his receiving corps is depleted.

But for the first time this offseason, the defending champions have suffered a significant loss. New England is still the favorite to win the Super Bowl, but not quite as strong a favorite as it was 24 hours ago, before Edelman went down.
Makes me wonder if Spruce gets a look from the Evil Empire now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Neither Gronkowski, who has had 9 reported surgeries, nor Amendola are known to stay healthy for too long.

But Belichick is known for plugging in benchwarmers when injuries to starters occur and making them shine. Plus there's the refs making sure Brady is encased in a bubble at all times lest many flags are thrown at his opponents.

Either way I hope the Patriots have the worst season in NFL history.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
PT, you bring up the one thing about the NFL that pizzes me off the most: Player favoritism by officials. NFL better get a handle on it or they're going to start losing fans by the boatload.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Getty Images

Awwww I cry for the Pats Loss!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NOT!!!!

Q729

Legend
Awwww I cry for the Pats Loss!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NOT!!!!
I wish I could take joy in this, but that division of theirs is such a steaming pile of garbage that they already have their ticket punched to the playoffs. And as mentioned before, it's now #15's show.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wish I could take joy in this, but that division of theirs is such a steaming pile of garbage that they already have their ticket punched to the playoffs. And as mentioned before, it's now #15's show.
Sorry to have to agree with you!! Sadly. The only thing that could help there Division Opponents is IF Brady got an ACL tare!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Redskins Center Spencer Long has minor knee scope, expected to miss two weeks. Expected to be back by week 1.
They drafted Chase Roullier this year though so I think they are fine either way.

Was a big fan of Roullier going into the draft and had him mocked to the Rams. I thought he could possibly compete for a guard spot while he waited to replace Sullivan.
Oh well. I'll be keeping my eye on him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-hitchens-will-miss-season-with-knee-injury/

Cowboys worry Anthony Hitchens will miss season with knee injury
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2017

ap_17239028328655-e1503806588459.jpg

AP

Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens left tonight’s preseason game with a knee injury, and it’s not looking good.

The Cowboys fear Hitchens suffered a season-ending injury, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. Hitchens is expected to have an MRI tomorrow.

Last year Hitchens was a very important part of the Cowboys’ defense, starting all 16 games. He’s versatile enough to play on the strong side, the weak side or in the middle, and that adds to his value.

If Hitchens is out for the season, it may mean the Cowboys put Jaylon Smith, who’s just returning to the field after suffering a very serious knee injury of his own 20 months ago, into the starting lineup.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sucks about Edelman ... I'm not going laugh at the injuries other teams stuff that stuff is bad juju

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Any update on Hemingway? ACL??

**edit... McVay said ankle

Last edited: