If the Rams made a trade...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Of course we'd all like Cousins but c'mon, there's no way the 'skins are letting him go (at this time)

It's Shaun Hill, may as well embrace it, I just can't see it playing out any other way.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Glennon is easily the best QB there imo. If we could get him, I would be ecstatic. Bucs would be stupid to trade him though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glennon is easily the best QB there imo. If we could get him, I would be ecstatic. Bucs would be stupid to trade him though.

They might be willing. Reports in the off-season were that they shopped him. I think the new regime may not like him. I'd certainly be putting a call into their GM and see what he has to say if I were the Rams.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I don't think Tampa would trade glennon but what would it take to get him? Didn't they draft him in the 3rd? So to get a good return I'm sure they would want more than that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mark Sanchez. I think a lot of folks who poo-poo him haven't seen him THIS YEAR in Philly. When my friend kept talking about him, I was incredulous, so I begrudgingly looked him up, expecting to see the disaster that was the old Mark Sanchez.

What I found was...well, someone totally different with a much shorter release, better footwork, better accuracy and who delivered a better ball.

Now, THAT Mark Sanchez who's clearly had some of Chip Kelly's brew... THAT guy, well, I'd be glad to have him. The disaster who left NY, well, I want none of him. This new Mark Sanchez is a player.

Now, if one hasn't seen the new Mark Sanchez, I invite one to take a look. I was shocked. He's BY FAR the best backup in the league including Vick. So when the Eagles say it will take a lot to get him out of Philly, I don't doubt them. They fixed him (and we could see how busted he was) and they don't expect to give that away for nuthin. Not in a league that tends to break QBs...

safak

Game-Wrecker
Name
safak
The Steelers have to realize its time to go full rebuild mode, offer a first and a third for big ben...

Big Willie

Starter
I would give up a second round pick in 2015 and conditional one in 2016 for Cousins. He would be my preference. I would give up a third rounder for Sanchez. Cousins would be worth it, but I wouldn't mortgage the future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would give up a second round pick in 2015 and conditional one in 2016 for Cousins. He would be my preference. I would give up a third rounder for Sanchez. Cousins would be worth it, but I wouldn't mortgage the future.

That's beyond way too much for both players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steelers have to realize its time to go full rebuild mode, offer a first and a third for big ben...

We can't afford him. Hell, I'd offer a 1st and a 1st for Roethlisberger.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No. I'd rather stand by Gilbert and see what he can do with our first string.

I agree. He has all the tools and time to get his feet under him, I like him. Davis showed a lot of poise last night.

I like Cousins but I'm not giving up a 1st rounder for him.

I'm gonna hear a lot of crap from my co-worker tomorrow about trading for Mallet. I'd rather have Gilbert.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
No. I'd rather stand by Gilbert and see what he can do with our first string.
I'd like to see him sprinkled in... well get some reps when the Rams are up by 20 or 30. Still think our guys can win at least 10. Hill can't thread the needle like Sam but he is capable of playing mistake free ball.

Big Willie

Starter
I meant to say that I would give a 2 in 2015 and a conditional pick in 2016 for Cousins based on number of games started and performance levels. To me, he has good upside and has performed well when his has had a chance.

V3

Hall of Fame
I just do not see the Rams panicking and trying to find a long-term solution through a trade. Shaun is our guy----this year. Then when the season ends they will re-assess and perhaps make a move in the draft or through trade. I think many under-estimate the value of chemistry and especially the systems.

Are you prepared to give up what Washington gave up for a QB?

lockdnram21

Legend
Trade for Mallet or Cousins. Make them #3 behind Davis untill they learn playbook then next summer they are the guy

TexRamFan

Rookie
I wouldn't really call it panicking as much as coming to terms. I think it's time to start planning for a future without Bradford. Going after a younger guy with upside and seeing what he can offer isn't a bad plan imo. If he doesn't get the job done, draft a guy. I'm not advocating trading a 1st or 2nd or anything. Just a mid to late round pick.

But what team is going to give up a guy that has potential as "the guy" for less than a 2nd rd pick? I agree with you that they need to plan for the future. But we really do not know what we have in Davis or Gilbert yet.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll say it again. With how poorly RGIII is playing, Washington won't deal Cousins for anything. Nothing. Nathan. Nada...

jjab360

Legend
I'd probably trade for Mike Glennon or Ryan Griffin, those two guys have serious potential, imo.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Trade for Mallet or Cousins. Make them #3 behind Davis untill they learn playbook then next summer they are the guy
As of right now, Bradford's still the guy next year.
For what it's worth. Who knows.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd probably trade for Mike Glennon or Ryan Griffin, those two guys have serious potential, imo.

I'd have to disagree on Griffin. There's a reason why he was an UDFA and is the 3rd stringer in New Orleans, right?

TexRamFan

Rookie
Are you prepared to give up what Washington gave up for a QB?

Absolutely not.

But lets be honest here. How many QB starters in this league are taken in the top 10? Not a ton.

Last year of the starting QB's 8 of 32 were drafted in the top 10 (Thats in week 17 and does not include Sam and RG 3). That's only 25%.

Of the last 20 QB's to compete in the superbowl over the last 10 years. Only 6 were taken in the top 10 of the draft (5 of those 6 were the Manning brothers). The other was Donavon McNabb.

My point is you can find value outside the top of drafts in the QB position. Yes, you have those rare guys like the Manning(s) and Luck, but often times you find guys that fit into your system and run it to perfection (ala Russell Wilson).