If the Rams made a trade...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously, it's a long shot that the Rams do make a trade. But I thought it was worth asking, which QB would you prefer them to trade for? What would you give up?

A few options to consider off the top of my head (in no order):
1. Kirk Cousins - Washington
2. Mike Glennon - Tampa Bay
3. Mike Vick - New York Jets
4. Mark Sanchez - Philly
5. Ryan Mallett - New England (not putting Jimmy G on the list)
6. Christian Ponder - Minnesota
7. Kellen Moore - Detroit
8. Ryan Griffin - New Orleans
9. Matt Moore - Miami
10. Matt McGloin - Oakland

I'm sure you guys probably have some other names you can come up with. Off of this list, I like Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay the best. I think he showed potential as a rookie although he wasn't lights out. I'd be willing to offer Tampa Bay a 5th round pick for him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Either cousins or bust. None of those others inspire anymore confidence in me than Hill.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Obviously, it's a long shot that the Rams do make a trade. But I thought it was worth asking, which QB would you prefer them to trade for? What would you give up?

A few options off the top of my head:
1. Kirk Cousins - Washington
2. Mike Glennon - Tampa Bay
3. Mike Vick - New York Jets
4. Mark Sanchez - Philly
5. Ryan Mallett - New England (not putting Jimmy G on the list)
6. Christian Ponder - Minnesota
7. Kellen Moore - Detroit
8. Ryan Griffin - New Orleans
9. Matt Moore - Miami
10. Matt McGloin - Oakland

I'm sure you guys probably have some other names you can come up with. Off of this list, I like Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay the best. I think he showed potential as a rookie although he wasn't lights out. I'd be willing to offer Tampa Bay a 5th round pick for him.

Like minds think alike. I just posted in another thread that Cousins and Glennon-in that order- would be who I would want to target for. I think both of them can develop into starters. The others, IMO, don't appear to be an upgrade over Hill.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Either cousins or bust. None of those others inspire anymore confidence in me than Hill.

Personally, I think I prefer Glennon. He's still only 24 years old, he's 6'6" and has a strong arm. He played solid football behind a bad OL last year (although his pocket presence was questionable). I'd be interested in seeing what he could do behind our OL with a good running game. Still has potential, has the physical tools, and he's young. That's why I'd favor him over Hill.

But he'd also probably need until the bye week to learn our offensive system.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. I'd rather stand by Gilbert and see what he can do with our first string.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I just do not see the Rams panicking and trying to find a long-term solution through a trade. Shaun is our guy----this year. Then when the season ends they will re-assess and perhaps make a move in the draft or through trade. I think many under-estimate the value of chemistry and especially the systems.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I'd rather stand by Gilbert and see what he can do with our first string.

Garrett Gilbert? He was our worst QB in the preseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just do not see the Rams panicking and trying to find a long-term solution through a trade. Shaun is our guy----this year. Then when the season ends they will re-assess and perhaps make a move in the draft or through trade. I think many under-estimate the value of chemistry and especially the systems.

I wouldn't really call it panicking as much as coming to terms. I think it's time to start planning for a future without Bradford. Going after a younger guy with upside and seeing what he can offer isn't a bad plan imo. If he doesn't get the job done, draft a guy. I'm not advocating trading a 1st or 2nd or anything. Just a mid to late round pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Garrett Gilbert? He was our worst QB in the preseason.

He hasn't been given a chance this preseason. Let's let him start with the ones, see what he has, and take a quarterback in the first round next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He hasn't been given a chance this preseason. Let's let him start with the ones, see what he has, and take a quarterback in the first round next year.
I don't think he's ready yet. You can tell his head is swimming right now. I say we actually groom a guy for once.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How about RG3? I'm sure all it would take is three first round picks along with a second.

jap

Legend
Gilbert is not ready, and Austin has yet to play a regular season game. Getting an experienced backup is an obvious probability.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd trade for Sanchez. Knows the offense. Team is setup to help him be successful... and it's not New York!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I think this is a "would you rather" question than a panic mode.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's been spraying the ball everywhere but at the WR's strike zone. I don't think he's the guy...and if he is, he's certainly not ready yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd trade for Sanchez. Knows the offense. Team is setup to help him be successful... and it's not New York!

Not a bad idea if Philly gives him up cheap. He might do better without the pressure of New York and he seems to have responded well to Kelly's coaching.