If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hunter is elite when healthy. Problem is, he is NEVER healthy and getting paid a boatload.

EDIT - Ok, so he was healthy 16 of 16 previous 2 years, so maybe I jumped the gun there. For the right price, I'd make an offer for him certainly. He is very good.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
To further look into Hunter, it seems like his cap hit this year is 26m, however, if the Vikes trade him I think his cap hit is 18.5. I could be very wrong here, but that is what it appears. Next year his cap hit is minimal 8.6 and it likely is more like 5.3 since they would pay his dead cap I believe. Not even remotely a cap expert however.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

In other words, I'd be happy with sending something to them for him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
To further look into Hunter, it seems like his cap hit this year is 26m, however, if the Vikes trade him I think his cap hit is 18.5. I could be very wrong here, but that is what it appears. Next year his cap hit is minimal 8.6 and it likely is more like 5.3 since they would pay his dead cap I believe. Not even remotely a cap expert however.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

In other words, I'd be happy with sending something to them for him.

Has he even had a lot of pass rush help in Minny?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Yep, sign me up. Here we are just thinking about FA's when a sweet trade is right under our noses. Maybe we can talk to the new vikings coach about it. Do we have his number?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If we miss out on Wagner, yikes.

I’m willing to say that we probably shouldn’t get Wagner. Yes, I wish Snead would’ve drafted him in 2012, but he’s clearly gotten worse when he played last year. I know y’all don’t put too much stock in PFF, but their numbers state that Wagner is declining.

If it were one year for a good contract, sure, but I don’t want an expensive longterm deal. If we did that, we should’ve signed Jack.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yep, sign me up. Here we are just thinking about FA's when a sweet trade is right under our noses. Maybe we can talk to the new vikings coach about it. Do we have his number?

My thoughts exactly .... Time to do mcvay and Snead a favor coach!!!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And once AD goes you know McVay is shortly behind. Pretty catastrophic
Is this really your well thought out opinion or you just being emotional because Von just went to the Bills an hour ago? Either answer is fine, lol.
I'm genuinely curious.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fowler makes a lot of sense based on the Rams history and their draft strategy. He won't cost a comp pick from being cut, another reason Wagner makes so much sense. He also needs a redemption contract which will likely be a couple of years and he doesn't have a lot of production in Atlanta, nobody does on that defense, so he won't be expensive.

Another guy with a crazy chance who won't cost much is Tak McKinley. He hasn't done a heck of a lot but did look ok in his 4 games for the Browns before his injury but was pedestrian last year so he might have something to prove or try to prove that he can do it to get a contract.

Justin Houston might like a chance to get a ring.

Just looking at a few names who knows what they do but Fowler makes a lot of sense.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Is this really your well thought out opinion or you just being emotional because Von just went to the Bills an hour ago? Either answer is fine, lol.
I'm genuinely curious.

For me I can say it's both. I'm definitely emotional but I actually am more worried about the ripple effect. I understand a lot of people on Twitter are sayimg just rip up AD contract and he will get over it. I don't believe that to be the case. Yes money helps but AD also has more pure motives than just money. His kids opposite sides of country he is torn. The work he puts in is on another level so he is tired of being the AD effect solely. He doesn't want an average or even a good player he needs an above average player a closer. Von was important because those games AD was playing his heart out but couldn't get to the QB because of doubles and triples he still got to show his effect but had a true finisher flanking him to help him. No disrespect to Floyd but huge difference. So at this stage he just wants a little more help but obviously not on his level but somebody a step below at least.
It's like Tom Brady he can make players around him better and has but once he is given Randy moss or a plethora of weapons Evans Godwin etc. it can extend a career and show off his talents more.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I told myself i wasn't going to get involved with this conversation but i have to speak my mind here.

First, this idea that if AD leaves that McVay is sure to follow(as a direct result of AD leaving) sounds pretty ludicrous to me.

Second, AD needs a raise but he literally just won a ring, is making ALOT of cheese and is under contract for 2 more years. Why and how is he going anywhere? He could retire suddenly, i get that aspect of it. AD never hinted at it publicly or officially. I think the media speculation since the confetti fell has gotten to some of ya'll. I'd be worried about AD if we had lost another SB AND lost Von today.

FA isn't over and there's still a draft pending where despite that same media saying McVay and Donald are contemplating retirement...they say we have no draft picks. Of course in reality we do. Many draft picks.
In my opinion there is zero reason to panic right now.

I'm pretty sure this board would have exploded if Von was kept with this new contract. "Too much!"

Ok i feel better now. Carry on. We're all here for our opinions. I admit i have a hard time digesting some of the knee jerk emotions though.
Cheers and good luck to Von. Thanks for helping us win a Super bowl. We'll be fine though.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
We can sugar coat this all we want, but we're trending down right now. Lost Miller , DWill, On, SJD, and Corbett.

There's no way around the fact that we have a lot to do. And it's a shame considering we just won the SB. Supposedly we were supposed to get team friendly deals and maintain the talent. You can't replace Von with Hollins and expect the same.

There's a reason why we traded for Von, we NEEDED to improve.

Free Agency is dwindling down. Hell, I would've been ecstatic with Myles Jack, and he's gone too. The only thing that will numb this void is the potential of Wagner.

Sure, another year of Stafford and Kupp is nice. But if we can't rush the passer or stop anyome, who gives a shit.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I told myself i wasn't going to get involved with this conversation but i have to speak my mind here.

First, this idea that if AD leaves that McVay is sure to follow(as a direct result of AD leaving) sounds pretty ludicrous to me.

Second, AD needs a raise but he literally just won a ring, is making ALOT of cheese and is under contract for 2 more years. Why and how is he going anywhere? He could retire suddenly, i get that aspect of it. AD never hinted at it publicly or officially. I think the media speculation since the confetti fell has gotten to some of ya'll. I'd be worried about AD if we had lost another SB AND lost Von today.

FA isn't over and there's still a draft pending where despite that same media saying McVay and Donald are contemplating retirement...they say we have no draft picks. Of course in reality we do. Many draft picks.

I'm pretty sure this board would have exploded if Von was kept with this new contract. "Too much!"

Ok i feel better now. Carry on. We're all here for our opinions. I admit i have a hard time digesting some of the knee jerk emotions though.
Cheers and good luck to Von. Thanks for helping us win a Super bowl. We'll be fine though.

Some excellent points there and some of us need to be coddled LMAO..
That's said though mojo fan means just that fanatic so some us handle it different. You are more level headed perhaps even more rational while I feel a bit jilted like the bf who was dumped but I'm not dumb I understand he was a hired gun a mercenary but still from some of the stuff I'm reading like Dallas never made an offer according to Albert Breer that lends to my gut instinct that von is a bit of a car salesman and was hunting for the bag which is his right but thats the jilted boyfriend fan side again lol.

As far as AD he did publicly say he would come back only if we bring back Obj and Von then you factor his personal reasons from his sports illustrated article and his own admission to the sports illustrated article that it was mentioned in secret or private to that dirtball Harrison means it was on his mind something he is contemplating.

So when it comes to my sports teams I'm like a child something like this happens then they do something same or better and I'm pacified LMAO.

I admit I'm a big child when sports are involved.

Good points though bro positive thoughts are comforting ....fucking Von!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Oh lastly I can help but wonder if we let a Corbett or other free agents walk knowing we were alotting money for von. I know that's shame on us but what are you without your word. That said we should have prepared. Maybe we have time will tell.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Considering we play the AFC West this year, the Rams may switch to upgrading DWill's spot the priority.

Gilmore and a few other high profile CBs are out there still.

Patrick Peterson is only 31, but dunno how his wheels are.

Who knows, this year may be the year we just back fill from depth and draft for depth/development

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

panic? who's panicking? Did someone say we should start panicking? Because I'm not panicking. Your're not panicking. I just texted my therapist and she's not panicking. So what if we've lost 2 starters on the offensive line, 3 starters on defense, and it's not looking good on the wagner front, we still have reeder playing MLB, right? Believe me, no one's panicking.....unless you heard something. Did you hear something? OH SHIT! you heard something, didn't you!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
panic? who's panicking? Did someone say we should start panicking? Because I'm not panicking. Your're not panicking. I just texted my therapist and she's not panicking. So what if we've lost 2 starters on the offensive line, 3 starters on defense, and it's not looking good on the wagner front, we still have reeder playing MLB, right? Believe me, no one's panicking.....unless you heard something. Did you hear something? OH SHIT! you heard something, didn't you!
You're my spirit animal.