If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We can sugar coat this all we want, but we're trending down right now. Lost Miller , DWill, On, SJD, and Corbett.

There's no way around the fact that we have a lot to do. And it's a shame considering we just won the SB. Supposedly we were supposed to get team friendly deals and maintain the talent. You can't replace Von with Hollins and expect the same.

There's a reason why we traded for Von, we NEEDED to improve.

Free Agency is dwindling down. Hell, I would've been ecstatic with Myles Jack, and he's gone too. The only thing that will numb this void is the potential of Wagner.

Sure, another year of Stafford and Kupp is nice. But if we can't rush the passer or stop anyome, who gives a shit.

I think this is very common for the super bowl winner. People get a ring and now it's time to cash in with the big contract.

But we have the draft, a bunch of mid to late round picks and free agency where the Rams "culture" has attracted players.

I trust McVay and Snead to put the Rams back in contention again.

oldnotdead

Legend
I’m willing to say that we probably shouldn’t get Wagner. Yes, I wish Snead would’ve drafted him in 2012, but he’s clearly gotten worse when he played last year. I know y’all don’t put too much stock in PFF, but their numbers state that Wagner is declining.

If it were one year for a good contract, sure, but I don’t want an expensive longterm deal. If we did that, we should’ve signed Jack.

Okay, I get it. But how much of that "decline" had to do with Norton's scheme? The Hawks have a new first-time DC who is going to move the defense to a hybrid 3=4 scheme. Hurtt as a first-time DC didn't think Wagner was what he wanted in that scheme. I disagree, that in that scheme he's exactly what you want. Hurtt is going to a blitz-heavy pass defense meaning they will play zone behind it most of the time.

Wagner would be an upgrade to playing Eric Weddle. Wagner is best playing as a MLB (MIKE) and would be a huge upgrade as a green dot player due to his experience. A green dot player is a 3 down LB and as good as Jones has played, he really doesn't have the experience to be the green dot guy which is why Weddle did it last year.

Wagner IMO has at least 2 more good years and his experience would go a long way in developing Jones. I can see them signing Wagner to a 3 year deal but structured for 2 years. IMO he would take a bit of a discount for the chance to play the Hawks twice a year and make a legit run at a SB ring. I can see a 3 year deal with a larger percentage of guaranteed money, slightly backloaded in the $11-$12M range. They paid Weddle over $6M last year and Wagner bring a hell of a lot more.

Ram65

Legend
I told myself i wasn't going to get involved with this conversation but i have to speak my mind here.

First, this idea that if AD leaves that McVay is sure to follow(as a direct result of AD leaving) sounds pretty ludicrous to me.

Second, AD needs a raise but he literally just won a ring, is making ALOT of cheese and is under contract for 2 more years. Why and how is he going anywhere? He could retire suddenly, i get that aspect of it. AD never hinted at it publicly or officially. I think the media speculation since the confetti fell has gotten to some of ya'll. I'd be worried about AD if we had lost another SB AND lost Von today.

FA isn't over and there's still a draft pending where despite that same media saying McVay and Donald are contemplating retirement...they say we have no draft picks. Of course in reality we do. Many draft picks.
In my opinion there is zero reason to panic right now.

I'm pretty sure this board would have exploded if Von was kept with this new contract. "Too much!"

Ok i feel better now. Carry on. We're all here for our opinions. I admit i have a hard time digesting some of the knee jerk emotions though.
Cheers and good luck to Von. Thanks for helping us win a Super bowl. We'll be fine though.

+1
I don't see either AD or McVay are going to retire this year or in near future. Like you say FA isn't over and Snead never rests!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We can sugar coat this all we want, but we're trending down right now. Lost Miller , DWill, On, SJD, and Corbett.

There's no way around the fact that we have a lot to do. And it's a shame considering we just won the SB. Supposedly we were supposed to get team friendly deals and maintain the talent. You can't replace Von with Hollins and expect the same.

There's a reason why we traded for Von, we NEEDED to improve.

Free Agency is dwindling down. Hell, I would've been ecstatic with Myles Jack, and he's gone too. The only thing that will numb this void is the potential of Wagner.

Sure, another year of Stafford and Kupp is nice. But if we can't rush the passer or stop anyome, who gives a shit.
The Rams led the NFL in sacks when they traded for Miller.
But they wouldn’t have won SB without him, I think it’s more than fair to say.
The defense can grow in other ways to make up for the loss, imo.
Rochell needs to step up.. same with Long.. I’d draft a CB and sign a vet. Make the secondary a strength.
Sign one on the edge guys still out there. Flowers or Fowler are my pics.
Edge and corner before I spend a penny on something like Wagner. I’m more than happy with Jones.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't like that thought! I'd be lost going to LA for a Rams game.. because I'd be lost without Busch Light

That's OK, we sell Arrowhead, same ingredients as Busch Lite from what I understand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What about Montucky?!

Travel due south from where you're at in Iowa on Hwy 35, then turn left in K.C., jump on the 70 until you hit St.Louis, transition over to the 64 and that gets you get to Montucky.

1647484037760.png