How was Keenum allowed to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
This was handled poorly by all parties, and I expect to see a league investigation and punishment handed out. Case Keenum should most definitely file a lawsuit himself, because that's insane. Leaving a guy out there with an obvious concussion...they should be ashamed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Actually this isn't accurate. He passed the protocols and does not have a concussion

But as is usually the case our media never lets the facts get in the way of "breaking" a story.
So he didn't suffer a concussion today? That's great news.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Th media wa told he was being evaluated for a concussion and wouldn't be available to the media post game. . And "someone"' jumped the gun and reported that "he has a concussion ".

Whe in fact he passed the protocol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Called it in the chatroom he would be diagnosed with one.

Crazy Fisher kept him in and the doc didn't stop the game and pull him
What a freak up.

I did, too. Right at the time. It was blatantly obvious.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Great news for him, not for the Rams. That means the last 2 plays were not affected by a concussion. That was all keenum. Yuck.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm relieved that he passed the protocol and freaking livid that he wasn't pulled from the game.

I nearly threw up when I saw how HARD and violently his head slammed off of the turf and his subsequent disorientation.

As much as I want to hold the NFL accountable (and I do), I don't understand how a HC exposes his QB like that. That requires a serious accounting and its maybe the first time that I really want Fisher to be held to account in a real way. If he's going to expose QBs recklessly like that, he has to go. If that wasn't the case (and that would take some bit of explaining), then let's hear it. Otherwise, come New Years, we need to start looking at new HCs.

(I kinda admit I really like the idea of seeing if we could keep Fassell and Williams and Hire Adam Gase as HC and let him out an offensive staff together rather than starting over from scratch)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually this isn't accurate. He passed the protocols and does not have a concussion

But as is usually the case our media never lets the facts get in the way of "breaking" a story.

Which is odd because he works for the Rams.

Rainram

Starter
All the talk about Keenum and I can't help but think about how disastrous our OLine was. I'm thinking we might want to ease Gurley up some. We ain't going anywhere as it is, I don't want him getting killed and rolled up on in the middle of these lines. Give Mason and Benny more carries...when Gurley gets the ball, get him outside or in space more. We're already getting QBs killed...I will be downright livid if something happens to our best offensive player.

Irish

Starter
Keenum didn't have a concussion on the last series?

What, was he hammered drunk? Is that why he couldn't hardly stand and had no situational awareness?

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that. He might have passed some nonsense concussion protocol after the game, but in the moment, he looked like an artillery shell blew up over his head.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have seen guys get a flash knock out boxing....go down, hit the ground, knocked out, take about 2 seconds to get up and be perfectly coherent.
When his head hits the ground and he grabs his head at that point, even if nothing else happened (the struggling to gain balance while kneeling) he should have come out and been given the protocol.
It seems even the obvious things are turning into failures this year.

Lesson

Oh, really?

The sad part is we don't know if the awfulness of the last two plays were due to the concussion or just a continuation of his general play today.

No, it isn't.

The sad part is that a player who was not 100% was allowed to stay in the game and the coaching staff and the independent neurologist did not do anything to protect Keenum.

I don't give two craps about him throwing an incompletion and fumbling the ball. He should not have been allowed on the field. Period.

iced

Got a link? I can't find anything on it, everything I am seeing is that Keenum has a concussion...even this late after the game

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No link. Just something I was told by someone "close to the situation" from inside the locker room.

Take it for what it's worth.

But I see this to be a similar situation to the whole bridgewater fiasco. Such a hit but yet he was fine by Monday?

But the media milked the horrific nature of how serious the hit was. And once he was cleared the next day hardly a blip.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Case wasn't worried being behind that line! Aka "the Sieve"

Athos

Legend
Keenum didn't have a concussion on the last series?

What, was he hammered drunk? Is that why he couldn't hardly stand and had no situational awareness?

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullcrap on that. He might have passed some nonsense concussion protocol after the game, but in the moment, he looked like an artillery shell blew up over his head.

Exactly. I'd like to know what the protocol is. And I'm betting against it being 100% accurate as well. I wanna say you can have no immediate concussion symptoms, but some can crop up a few days later like with whiplash from car accidents.

I don't think Keenum had any idea WHERE he was or WHAT he was doing on the play he got strip sacked.

Total bunk and if nothing else, I'd fire Fisher just for this negligence.

More proof Fisher doesn't watch the offense.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The problem is he watches, but it's like Mandarin Chinese to him. No idea what the fuck anything is.