How was Keenum allowed to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The officiating crew and the ATC as Pereira called it, should all be punished for this. The fact that Fisher and the coaching staff didn't notice is pathetic as well.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If they asked Case how he was and he said he was good to continue when he actually was not. Maybe he deserves a little blame? Sometimes players being tough guys doesn't help the team.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
A lot of jumping to conclusions here when you don't know the facts. Keenum was being evaluated for a concussion after the game, which was why he was not available to the media. He was cleared after the game.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Yeah that was inexcusable. Could not believe when they didn't pull him out. At that point in the game it is just not worth the risk, they should have stuck Foles in there.

Offensively the Rams are just an incredibly dumb team. All the way around. It makes the games so hard to watch man, I honestly don't know why I still watch I think I need a psychiatrist.

That's the worst miss of an obvious concussion protocol play that I can remember since they started this...Not only did he immediately grab his head, he had no idea how to get up without falling down .Not meant to be humorous, that is a big fucking mistake...The Dr. failede miserably...I wonder if he was even watching that play...I saw it, how can a neurologist not...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm very disappointed in all parties. The league, the ATC, the officials, and most of all the coaching staff.

Alan

Legend
I missed the game because I'm in Las Vegas for my son's wedding so I'vo clue how he played but I did mention when there was talk about starting him or Mannion instead of Foles that it was a bad idea because Foles was a better option than our backups. Can I assume I was correct?

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
CONGRATS ALAN:
:cheers::banana::banana::banana::cheers:
:party:

Alan checking in and showing off
I missed the game because I'm in Las Vegas for my son's wedding so I'no clue how he played but I did mention when there was talk about starting him or Mannion instead of Foles was a bad idea because Foles was a better option than our backups. Can I assume I was correct?
Truth is the call to take him out or leave him in should come from way above the Coaching position. A Representative from the NFL should make that call.
I felt bad for Case he was in an environment of failure.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
A lot of jumping to conclusions here when you don't know the facts. Keenum was being evaluated for a concussion after the game, which was why he was not available to the media. He was cleared after the game.

That's not what I read, but regardless of what happened after the game, the Dr. is supposed to get him off the field right away and look him over...that obviously didn't happen
My Mrs. is nurse and she was saying wtf...???? He should have been pulled.. She pointed out he was stumbling when getting to his feet..

Even if he didn't see the head shot, he couldn't possibly missed how disoriented and wobbly he was...He could barely get up...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Not sure where your info came from, but this is my understanding:

Jim Thomas @jthom1
Just up from locker room. Rams QB Case Keenum was diagnosed w/ concussion and was unavailable to media

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders seeing what's important:
CONGRATS ALAN:
:cheers::banana::banana::banana::cheers:
:party:
I felt bad for Case he was in an environment of failure.
Thank you sir! The wedding and reception were great!

I knew the O-line was going to be a disaster for whoever started at QB. Do you think Foles would have done better?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This is absolutely abhorrent. If I was Case, I'd be looking at action against the league. Hopefully the players union stands up for him.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Not sure where your info came from, but this is my understanding:

Jim Thomas @jthom1
Just up from locker room. Rams QB Case Keenum was diagnosed w/ concussion and was unavailable to media

Suffice it to say I have a very reliable source.....doubt if you want....we'll see in the end....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"I'm fine dude...i can drive. I only had two beers! Just lookin for my car keys..."

View: https://vine.co/v/izb9B3v2955

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Real hard to say Alan in my opinion Case's start is hard to compare the O line was such an issue especially when Donnal went out.
I don't want to be uncommitted So I will say that the playbook was tailored (reduced to Case and the O line issues) and Foles may have been better due to continuity and an expanded playbook. but boy were we bad.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Alan
Real hard to say Alan in my opinion Case's start is hard to compare, the O line was such an issue especially when Donnal went out.
I don't want to be uncommitted So I will say that the playbook was tailored (reduced to Case and the O line issues) and Foles may have been better due to continuity and an expanded playbook. but boy were we bad.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm gonna go ahead and say Fisher saw Keenum struggling to get up. Especially since he sent Reggie out to check on him.

WTH ...so Reggie is still on staff? That explains everything. The Common denominator since the loosing years of Spags is Reggie!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Fisher is known as a player's coach, no? Shouldn't a player's coach be the first to jump in and prevent an EXTREMELY OBVIOUSLY CONCUSSED player from going back into the huddle?

RamBill

Legend
Handling of Keenum's concussion raises questions about NFL policy
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer
November 22, 2015 10:01 pm ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...concussion-raises-questions-about-nfls-policy

At the tail-end of the Rams' 16-13 loss to the Ravens on Sunday, quarterback Case Keenum was concussed. With just over a minute remaining in a tied game, Keenum was thrown to the turf by a Ravens' defender.

In what was completely clear to anyone with a TV and a set of eyes, Keenum's head bounced violently off the turf.

Keenum's pain was also clear. He immediately grabbed his head. He squirmed on the ground. Eventually, he got up with the help of his teammates.

But the game didn't stop. While the officials sorted out a flag, Keenum spoke to a member of the Rams' staff on the field. Thirty seconds later, he was back in the huddle and dropping back to pass. Two plays after the sack, Keenum fumbled and the Ravens won the game on a last-second field goal.

After the game, reporters discovered that Keenum was diagnosed with a concussion, which raises questions: Why wasn't the game stopped? Why didn't Keenum come out of the game? Even if the Rams official spoke with Keenum and thought that he was fine, why didn't an NFL concussion spotter stop the game so Keenum could be examined off the field? Could a concussion test really be administered in 30 seconds? Did the Rams even give Keenum a concussion test?

Earlier this month, Eagles defensive back Malcolm Jenkins revealed that he played during a game with a concussion and hid it from the medical staff. Because the hit that caused Jenkins' concussion was inconspicuous, nobody knew that Jenkins was concussed. The onus was on Jenkins to tell a trainer, but he didn't. Like Keenum's concussion, it's scary to consider that Jenkins played football with a brain injury.

But in this case, Keenum's head injury wasn't hidden, it was clear as day. As Keenum withered around in pain, someone -- a Rams' trainer, an official, a concussion spotter, a teammate -- had to have spotted that something could be wrong with player who just had his helmet slammed off the turf.

Nobody stopped the game. The game continued. And just moments later, Keenum took a snap and fired an incomplete pass toward Wes Welker.