How was Keenum allowed to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you look at the other camera angle you can clearly see him saying "Wait, I lost my contact it's right over here somewhere".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I get it sympathize with your situation.

But not every hit to the head results in a life changing experience. I'm not in the least trying to minimize this. It something to be taken seriously. But IMO the league has gone overboard with feigned concern for player safety regarding concussions for one reason and one reason only. The lawsuit factor.

Trying to compare your circumstance as a youth player to someone who is among the best in their sport who are very well aware of the inherit risks of their chosen profession is an apples to oranges comparison.

I don't think that's true, and if you look at the entire history of rules changes you will see that a majority of them were put into place to help increase safety and open up the offense. And pretty much all of them, meaning the safety related changes, were in place WELL before any lawsuit was even a twinkle in someones eye.

I don't think we can say it's feigned concern when there is a decades long history of changing rules to reduce injuries.

Here is a link to all of the rules changes in the history of the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...f-the-rules-from-hashmarksto-crackback-blocks

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see Case's concussion made CBS's national newscast.
Saw that... no one came off as not looking irresponsible... Fisher, the Rams, the officials, the ATC... at the end of the piece, the correspondent said "looks like everyone is pointing fingers at each other".

Someone's going to take the fall, however... it'll be interesting to see who gets the hammer.

As far as Fisher? I'm sorry... I just can't believe he never saw anything. He's right there on the sideline... he's got to watch what's going on in case something like that happens (he might have to call for the back-up player in case of injury).

After that "wink wink" thing last year regarding his QB change, I've been struggling with what comes out of his mouth.

Like I said, it'll be interesting... someone's gonna feel the wrath of the NFL because they have to "look like they care".

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
you could have told me I was Elvis' and Marilyn Monroe's love child and I would have agreed with you...
You mean you're not? I mean considering that Elvis obviously isn't really dead, and who knows maybe you find find some kind of conspiracy that includes time travel and have a claim to a whole lot of fame, just saying ...

MrMotes

Starter
I don't think anyone had bad intentions but it was a major screw up, and quite an embarrassment to the Rams and the NFL...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think anyone had bad intentions but it was a major screw up, and quite an embarrassment to the Rams and the NFL...
I'm sure nothing was intentional... but I do think this may have come into play...
(On if Director/Sports Medicine & Performance Reggie Scott felt he had enough time)
“We weren’t in an injury timeout and they’re winding the play clock. It was one of those things that happened.”

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Mob Squad can put down your torches & pitchforks on this subject.
Watch Fisher's presser.
http://www.rams-news.com/jeff-fisher-press-conference-1123-video/

There is an NFL process in place that failed. It involves a doctor sitting in front of a monitor with a clear line of communication to the referees to stop play if the doctor sees a possible serious neck/head injury.
The ATC spotter didn't do his job because he assumed Case was ok simply because the Rams trainer went on to the field and "cleared" Keenum.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
You mean you're not? I mean considering that Elvis obviously isn't really dead, and who knows maybe you find find some kind of conspiracy that includes time travel and have a claim to a whole lot of fame, just saying ...

Let the rumour begin.... ;)