How about that Brian Quick, eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmph, why would I need blue font. If you people would just realize how intellectually superior I am to everyone you'd realize how above everything I am. See, my text color is different so I'm better than you in that way too.
notworthy.gif

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Tavon is also a receiver, and receivers usually take three years to show who they really are. Not fair to judge him in less than two seasons. As for Mason...he was one of the youngest players in this draft. He wasn't even old enough to drink legally when the Rams picked him. Yes, he has his issues with pass-protection, but he's also behind two really good running backs in Stacy and Cunningham. And I also think that Watts performing so well has made Mason's struggles all the more noticeable.

Oh I realize TA is a WR, and I by no means have given up on him or Mason, but I am a little concerned, I woulda figured TA to have had more of an impact by this point, my concern with Mason is Watts is playing ahead of him. I'm reserve faith that they'll both figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Shame is, the guy really does know his football and makes really good points, but it's overcome by his dumb points and his inability to let himself be humbled by being wrong that makes him look like a dick, guy just can't admit he's wrong. Dude argued with me a couple of times over a point we were both making, but because he had to be the smartest guy in the room he kept screaming on about points I already made, called him out on it and he would pretty much ignore it, or barely acknowledge it while still ranting on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh I realize TA is a WR, and I by no means have given up on him or Mason, but I am a little concerned, I woulda figured TA to have had more of an impact by this point, my concern with Mason is Watts is playing ahead of him. I'm reserve faith that they'll both figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.

I honestly think that it's more of a credit to Watts than it is Mason playing poorly.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Where's my thread?

After the 1st game, I said he's arrived. I remember a few wankers, who shan't be named, who said to hold my horses.

What say yee now?

Say the same as before - he is looking good...but several things still come into play. For this season tell me who he has faced so far of any note? Second, the list of guys who have one good year in this league and then disappeared is quite long.

That said I think he is looking like solid #1 material, and if he keeps it up I would have no issue with the team locking him up long term rather than waiting for his contract to expire. I am really glad he is looking so good. It does seem like he has grown, and is looking like the receiver the Rams have needed for last 5 years. I hop he keeps it up, and it starts leading to some wins (which it should).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm gonna start him over Calvin freaking Johnson next week, and probably for the foreseeable future. Who'd thunk that?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I just wish he'd have had a few less yards today, so I could have won my wager on Britt vs Quick and their receiving yards today!;)

That first throw to Britt would have put him over the top but it was a little too high. NEXT WEEK!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It IS about time, I have been one of the ones wanting to cut him loose over the past couple of years, I hope I am proved wrong...

BUT, lets not jump the gun here, I think a lot of Quick's success is down to chemistry. The chemistry between him and Davies is obvious they seem to trust and know each other - the guys have worked together over the past few seasons when not suited up - would Quick be AS good if it was Bradford under centre? Who knows...

Let their success continue and let's get some wins!!!

Sappy113

Rookie
It IS about time, I have been one of the ones wanting to cut him loose over the past couple of years, I hope I am proved wrong...

BUT, lets not jump the gun here, I think a lot of Quick's success is down to chemistry. The chemistry between him and Davies is obvious they seem to trust and know each other - the guys have worked together over the past few seasons when not suited up - would Quick be AS good if it was Bradford under centre? Who knows...

Yeesh, you wanted to cut him in his rookie year? Harsh! ;)

I think we can plainly contribute Quick's recent success to development. I've been disappointed in how plenty of other players have progressed (or more to the point, HAVEN'T progressed), but Quick is a fine example of a player for whom it just takes time for the light to come on. He always had the physical talent, he just needed to learn how to utilize it, whilst also handling the mental aspect of the game. All that seems to come together for him now. Maybe next year, we can finally enter a draft without putting WR near the top of our needs?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yeesh, you wanted to cut him in his rookie year? Harsh! ;)

I think we can plainly contribute Quick's recent success to development. I've been disappointed in how plenty of other players have progressed (or more to the point, HAVEN'T progressed), but Quick is a fine example of a player for whom it just takes time for the light to come on. He always had the physical talent, he just needed to learn how to utilize it, whilst also handling the mental aspect of the game. All that seems to come together for him now. Maybe next year, we can finally enter a draft without putting WR near the top of our needs?

LOL - no I was happy to give him his rookie season, but last year I wanted more ;) I guess I've been impatient and eager for a winning season and for our draftees to contribute from day 1...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I am happy Quick seems to have arrived but still the time it has taken for the light to "go on" makes me still not trust my eyes much the way I feel about Austin Davis .
I'll still wait to see how the rest of this season goes but gotta give someone some pros here Coach -O was so far as right as rain.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I am happy Quick seems to have arrived but still the time it has taken for the light to "go on" makes me still not trust my eyes much the way I feel about Austin Davis .
I'll still wait to see how the rest of this season goes but gotta give someone some pros here Coach -O was so far as right as rain.
It wasn't just coach O. Seemed like JT and Wagoner both thought he was very good in camp too

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It wasn't just coach O. Seemed like JT and Wagoner both thought he was very good in camp too

yeah ,I think they were all right it's just that O battled tooth and toenail with another poster who flat out trolled his evaluation,I won't name him but I think we all know,
I think our WR's have become a strength of this team and we aught to offer Givens in trade now ,we are deep enough that there are teams out there who need someone with Givens ability to stretch the field whose season isn't going well enough we could recoup something out of him and when you sink to the level he has on the depth chart it's time to get what you can and move on

Big Game

Living The Dream
Quick has been one of the few bright spots to this season. If we could just get the Oline to gel a bit better and the defense to make key stops this team could be 3-1 right now. SMH

CoachO

Hall of Fame

BUT, lets not jump the gun here, I think a lot of Quick's success is down to chemistry. The chemistry between him and Davis is obvious they seem to trust and know each other - the guys have worked together over the past few seasons when not suited up - would Quick be AS good if it was Bradford under centre? Who knows...

based on what I witnessed EVERYDAY in training camp, the "chemistry" between Bradford and Quick was even better than with Davis, primarily because Davis never worked with the 1st unit. That is true not only this year but last as well.

So to suggest, 1) that Davis and Quick somehow have a history thereby creating some sort of chemistry together just isn't accurate. & 2) Quick's emergence is because he has the trust of the coaching staff, and ALL of the QBs because he is, and had been the most talented WR on the roster. It has finally started to translate in his game on the field. So, with that being said, Bradford demonstrated a willingness to "go to" Quick more in training camp and the preseason than anyone else.