Hill to start at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, the controversy will start, IMO, when a decision will be made on Bradford(whether he's on the roster or not) and go snowball from there.
Saying the same thing, but THAT controversy starts pretty much once the Superbowl is over and the speculation about his contract will run wild. IIRC in order to get the cap savings, he'd need to be cut before the start of the new league year? I could be worng on that

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I don't if anyone mentioned the way Hill played against the Vikes before he got hurt and I was not impressed. Any input on that I would like to hear it.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I know we don't have a choice now and I hope he does better than I expect him too.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
This is a major flip flop move right here. He promised the kid he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder and 7 games later he goes back on his word. He shouldn't have ever made that promise at all. If I'm a player I don't know If I can be fully behind a coach who doesn't keep his word.

Putting Hill in there this late doesn't save this season. It's already lost so what does this accomplish a few extra wins in a best case scenario? This has job preservation written all over it and has little to do with what is best for the team IMO. Hill can't save the season and he has Zero upside for the future.

At this point I'm hoping Fisher gets the same treatment from Kroenke and has his time unexpectedly cut short.

So, by your own admission, the season is "already lost". Well, why is that? You seem to think that because Fisher gave Davis the keys to the car, once he wrecked it, (season is lost--- your words).....he should just let him ride it out with no regard for the rest of the team? Because AT THE TIME, he said Davis wouldn't have "to look over his shoulder" to give him the opportunity to just go play and see if he could develop....... Now that he has not shown the ability to develop, and refrain from making the same mistakes over and over again, you prefer Fisher just let the season go?

I see many who seem to think this is about NEXT YEAR, and needing to somehow find out what they have in Davis. I think that has been clearly defined, and yes, it didn't take 7 games to determine that. It seems to me, to be more a case of him exposing the reasons why he got cut each of the past two seasons, and why he was a week away from it happening again, had it not been for Bradford's injury.

Contrary to what you seem to think, THIS SEASON still has 7 games remaining. And I have a pretty good feeling that everyone in the locker room, and coaches offices are going to do whatever it takes to go out and win as many as they can. And this move has more to do with that, than going back on his word. The tell tale sign for me, is you don't hear one word coming from Davis, or any other player that this is an issue.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't if anyone mentioned the way Hill played against the Vikes before he got hurt and I was not impressed. Any input on that I would like to hear it.
The one half of football that Hill actually played? Hard to have much of an opinion on that extremely small sample.
If we judged QB by halves of games, Davis would have been cut several times this year in addition to his Pro Bowls. Lol

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Anyone have that game rewind on nfl.com to see that Vikes game over

A55VA6

Legend
Looking at the comments on the Rams Facebook, 99% of Rams fans hate the move and want Davis to start. People don't like Hill for some reason..

TexasRam

Legend
I can respect Fish for this move. Davis stunk it up. Win now.

I do believe the loss of Quick has really hurt Davis but Hill deserves a shot. There were plays to be made that beats Arizona in Zona that Davis didnt make.

We are a QB away from beating the best of the NFL. Insert Hill and see what happens.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll bet you Hill keeps his poise under fire a lot better. Davis has lost his cool the last 3 games under durress. Davis does alright with time and a running game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can respect Fish for this move. Davis stunk it up. Win now.

I do believe the loss of Quick has really hurt Davis but Hill deserves a shot. There were plays to be made that beats Arizona in Zona that Davis didnt make.

We are a QB away from beating the best of the NFL. Insert Hill and see what happens.

Hill seemed to have a better rapport with Stedman Bailey than Davis. And I think he'll be more effective at finding Austin.

Athos

Legend
I'll bet you Hill keeps his poise under fire a lot better. Davis has lost his cool the last 3 games under durress. Davis does alright with time and a running game.

Well, we'll see how he handles Davin getting planted on his ass. Because you know it'll happen. :ROFLMAO:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe Cook knew something before anyone else did :)

Seems most fans don't believe Fisher handled this very well. I agree.

I hope the players don't look at this and worry if they can trust what he says.

The fans didn't scream foul when Fisher did the same thing to Hill...They not only called for Davis, but applauded the move...It might be different, but I don't really see it that way, if Fisher is indeed trying to put the best product possible on the field...Don't be surprised if Davis is again the starter before the end of the year...It's a major chinese fire drill, for sure...I'll just watch each week, regardless of who ends up on the field...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Since right about now we can assume clearly that Austin Davis is not the answer (and never was) I'm 100% in favor of this decision, if anything I'm a little surprised this move wasn't made the moment Shaun Hill was deemed 100% good to go.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Awesome news, now I can post "put Keenum in" in the game thread after every incompletion or sack :banana:.
I am such a fan of next man up....NEW MAN UP!!!! I'm sure everyone has seen Shaun Hill play...I will say this...even Hill would have made better throws than Davis these last two weeks..

Those pounding the table for him might find out that Mr. Spock was speaking the truth when he said "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." (TOS Episode #30: "Amok Time")
I gotta give you props for a Star Trek quote....

Personally, I'd rather see Keenum.
My thoughts exactly...I wonder is he too having problems with the playbook?

Like many have said, "Tape don't lie" Davis has missed who knows how many open wr's the last few weeks. Just a few glances in the waning moments of the AZ game showed me he didn't have to throw the first pick as Tavon was open underneath...While I'd love to see Keenum, it was obvious that to show the team that the player that gives us the best chance to win doctrine was being followed, Davis needed to be replaced...I still think his first 3 games could not have been equaled by Hill...But I'm behind Hill now, and I doubt he'll throw some of the horrendous passes seen from Davis last week...

My next big question, when does he pull the plug on McLeod...?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm hoping that plug's been pulled, got ourselves one helluva nasty S tandem with TJ and Barron... not subscribing to the "waaah...they can only play SS" baloney sausage.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Because Hill hasn't played a full game since 2012 and you have no idea what is left in that 34 year old body that wasn't/isn't as great as people are trumping him up to be.

The sad fact is, we have no true starting caliber QB right now. The best we have is trying to go with whichever QB simply doesn't make TO mistakes, or rather, the lesser amount.

Hill needed to start this game, yes, but it's still amusing people think Hill is anything more than what he is. A backup who has one full start in about the last 3 years. That pretty much makes Hill an unknown in what he'll do. Only thing difference between AD is, he may have the vision to see the field more completely.

We'll know after Sunday, but I'm not counting my chickens and no one else probably should either. At this point, the season is lost, and Fisher is probably like "freak it, I'll do w/e."

Yes, we don't know. That's my point. We don't know how he'll do. We don't know if Rams will keep him next season. Everything else is pure speculation.