Hill to start at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have really only read people rag on Fisher telling the kid he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder. For me it's not about the change it's about blowing smoke up a players ass. If he is not confident in a player enough to stick with them through thick and thin. Maybe he shouldn't tell them he is.

I don't have a problem with the decision that Hill gives the Rams a better chance at winning otherwise.

Yup cred is a difficult thing to acquire and maintain bullshitting the kid in front of the whole world doesn't establish it

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I truly doubt Davis is being demoted to third string. If Fisher has lost THAT much faith in him, they might as well cut him. I don't think that's the case.

The way Fisher did this IS going to come back to bite him if they have to put Davis back in though, whether it's because Hill is hurt or sucks worse.
He could go to Keenum instead though, if Hill struggles. Either way i don't think Fisher is in a pickle. He's evaluating the position without actually coming out openly and saying "We're evaluating the position."

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I don't think Fisher has lost any cred with his handling of the backup QB position. He said he wouldn't have a short hook with Davis and he didn't. If you watched his Monday presser he stated in unenthusiastic fashion that Davis had made mistakes but was still the starter and 'we'll see where it goes'. Obviously after more consideration he decided to start Hill. I doubt any player other than Hill (very few, if any) has lost faith in Fisher due to his handling of the backup QB situation. IMO it goes without saying that in pro team sports starting jobs are based on performance and the best player starts.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't think Fisher has lost any cred with his handling of the backup QB position. He said he wouldn't have a short hook with Davis and he didn't. If you watched his Monday presser he stated in unenthusiastic fashion that Davis had made mistakes but was still the starter and 'we'll see where it goes'. Obviously after more consideration he decided to start Hill. I doubt any player other than Hill (very few, if any) has lost faith in Fisher due to his handling of the backup QB situation. IMO it goes without saying that in pro team sports starting jobs are based on performance and the best player starts.

I think that is something that remains to be seen ,I know some people HERE are not fans of how he handled it.

It reminds me of a line from an old show called Slattery's People . The situation was that a constituent of an assemblyman had written a letter complaining , a staffer told the assemblyman "it's only one letter" to which he replied "for every guy who will write a letter there are 10,00 who feel the same".
I would also submit that the QB position is different than all others ,they become the "face of the franchise " to equate their situation to the other positions isn't accurate. On most teams the QB and the HC are nearly joined at the hip and trust between them is vital for me I don't care what you tell me as long as it's the truth.
I hope Hill succeeds I was miffed that he was not given the job back to begin with, but went along and took a wait and see attitude ,I'm not "sold" on Davis over Hill nor Hill over Davis , I just believe both of his QB's have reason IF THEY CHOOSE to question what Fish says and that aint good.

I am NOW in the curious stage though, considering who we play tomorrow I'm wondering if we open up the offense hoping Hills long ball can keep us in the game . We'll know a lot more soon.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thought starting Davis was best move at the time! Found out who he is. Knew what he has in Hill, for the most part. Got to believe that the Rams will draft a qb early, just not first round. Should be interesting off season at Rams Park!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Personally, I feel way better about Hill starting the remainder of the theson. I think the book is out on Davis and he got in his own head a bit. This was the right decision for our team.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I don't like this move. 1st year starters you got to take the good with the Bad. Quick going down de-railed any hopeful post season.
In today's game, our D will probably play good enough to give us a chance to win.
Shawn Hill will probably be steady, and give us a good chance to win.
Austin Davis playing lights out in a first start against P. Manning could have been the start of the something great.
I'll always take a win.
But I'd rather have a meaningful win.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I don't like this move. 1st year starters you got to take the good with the Bad. Quick going down de-railed any hopeful post season.
In today's game, our D will probably play good enough to give us a chance to win.
Shawn Hill will probably be steady, and give us a good chance to win.
Austin Davis playing lights out in a first start against P. Manning could have been the start of the something great.
I'll always take a win.
But I'd rather have a meaningful win.
Dude. Care to change your stance on that?

Veteran QB getting rid of ball quick, and letting team pad the score with 3 points every drive? Making the D's job easier and easier all game.

Boy. Some fans just don't see the forest from the trees.

I suggest...you quit sounding like a know-it-all, and listen to your peers a little more. Give you pass this time. But think before you post moron.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Veteran QB getting rid of ball quick, and letting team pad the score with 3 points every drive? Making the D's job easier and easier all game.

I suggest...you quit sounding like a know-it-all, and listen to your peers a little more. Give you pass this time. But think before you post moron.
Funny man. I like the way you did this. Thanks for the chuckle.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

This made me LOL. Thanks for that.